Hondo's Bar

british music

Nanno

KoS, thats some killer reviewing, much appreciated. I am looking forward to the album. Not sure if it's getting a U.S. release any time soon, might have to search around a bit online. Otherwise, I can wait a bit (but no too long dammit!!).

I'd heard good things about El Capitan so you saying that's up their with the best on the album isn't too suprising. As of now, I've only heard the single.

Cheers for the acoustic setlist. Suprised (pleasantly) by all the songs off Hope is Important, really cool. Even Self Healer off Captain, you lucky scallywag.

Shame you say the new album doesn't quite live up to The Remote Part. Wished they could have come up with an ending like on it (poetry and rock, who'd a thunk it??) but no biggie.

Damn im excited. With the success of Snow Patrol, Keane, et al over this side of the Atlantic, maybe its now Idlewild's time. :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
i found it on the aol.com website music section. i wanted to check it out because i heard you guys talking about them and how awesome they are.

That's cool. YOu can check out the vid for their newest single HERE under the video tab. Its pretty good; a little more subdued, but a grower.

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening to the Idlewild album loads these days. Really really like it. Have to say tracks 9 and 10, El Capitan and Blame it on Obvious Ways are two of my new favourite Idlewild tracks.

Spot on with the Doves comparison for El Capitan. Found myslef singing the chorus to myself lots when walking around.

And when you listen to the album a bit closer there are some fairly rocking tracks. Nothing like 'Little Discourage', or 'I am what I am not', but kick ass none the less.

Would love to see these tracks live now. Not sure when that'll happen but got my fingers crossed for a U.S. tour later this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the new cd is awesome, it's currently my fav cd of theirs, I can't get these songs out of my head! My favs right now are El Captain, Blame it on the obvious ways and I want a warning. I think the order Ilike their cds in currently (It's always changing) is

Warning/promises

The Remote Part

Hope is important

100 broken windows

and I haven't been able to get a hold of captain.

But yes, Idlewild is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. They're miles above all of these other british bands that have been all the rage recently, and it's fucking rediculous that we have to import their cds to get em in the US. If they toured anywhere near me in florida I would shit my pants.

Archived