Hondo's Bar

WoW vs. CoH vs. DMC3

dante

Which path of rot should I settle?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I might want to start playing games again, and it might be World of Warcraft. I hear so many good things about this game but I don't know if I want to lose my life to it. People get wrapped up in games so much that they end up wasting precious days just playing. Plus you end up wasting money too. I was considering just picking up City of Heroes again since I already have the game but again it would take up a lot of my time...I could learn to control myself.

Regardless, I think I should just wait till Devil May Cry 3 comes out and just be on that for a little while. Ugh, but I hear such good good things about WoW. So what should I do ya'll?

it's probably cool with her. i'm sure it'd be ok for you to play whatever time consuming games you want. i heard your girlfriend's friends are extremely awesome. i'm sure they'd be more than willing to pass up their video games to spend time with her in your absence.

yeah, it's cool...oh wait, what's this?...

Posted on: Nov 13 2004, 03:41 AM

Did you know, I think at this point in my life, I'd rather be with a woman than play video games?...I'm sorry to all the guys that laugh and nod their heads at the ads of those guys playing video games and neglecting their women, but I'm sure I'd prefer the other way.

My vote's for WoW. It's a fuckin' awesome game (all the rave reviews are correct). CoH seems to be losing a lot of appeal, and to be honest it just doesn't seem like the game has a whole lot to hold your attention after the first few weeks or so. And as for Devil May Cry...eh, the second one sucked, so I don't have much hope for the third until I see it for myself.

I should close this poll, I actually went for a reactivation of CoH. Cheaper and I made some friends on it. It looks like it's getting better. Plus I won't be playing it too much since I have a full time job and an understanding girlfriend who I want to spend time with ;p. Well, that part I'm gonna have to prove...

I'm goin for WOW... SiBob, lemme know what server you're on. I could be on as soon as this Friday.

As for SWG... It's lost its appeal. It's still lagtastic after all this time, and Everybody's about to go Jedi. :D

I've got a character of every race (except Undead, I think), just because I wanted to see all the different starting points. My main one's human, though.

Yeah.. I've made my decision... I'm goin with Undead Warlock

(PS That's a really good website with guides and stuff for making characters, completing quests, and tons more. Not ust WOW either. Though oddly enough they haven't done CoH yet... :D )

Actually, the reason I picked warlock is because of the Pets and DoT spells. My style of fighting.. usually.

Anathemus1.JPG

Anyways here he is... Atleast until I find out what server some friends up here are on. and I'll be joining your server too SIBob... Human Warlock.

...Anyone recognise where I am in the pic? It's somewhere famous in Warcraft III... and if you sit on the throne, you hear echoes of the whole dialogue from the cutscene... Very cool. In WoW this is the entrance to the Undercity - City of the Undead.

Yeah... Don't go there for a very loooonng time. Remember those huge Abominations from WCIII? Well, there's 2 level 55ers guarding each elevator, and once you're down there, there's 2 more waiting for ya. Definitely not for soloing unless you're a class w/ high level pets, and even then... Make sure you and your friends are plenty high level before you go there. Oh, and also there's a level 60 Warlock down there too...

As for me, this is the best I've done yet. A Level 14 Warlock in 3 days time.

...and yes, I've gone to work, and done other regular stuff too, not just 72 hours straight in front of the game... Tho it was tempting to do that.

On another interesting note: I think people sometimes forget their abilities, especially racial ones. For example: Undead have the Cannibalize ability.

Normally you can eat food and regain health faster. Cannibalize - You don't need food, just kill something human-ish and then eat the corpse. I've only seen it used the first time today, by me. Tasted like grouper... Prolly cause I ate a Murlock. *burp*

Archived