Hondo's Bar

Robert Smith Vs Morrissey

Reverend Jax

Bare knuckle fist, with The Sure and The Smiths backing them up respectively, who'd win?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe Roert Smith, because The Sure wont let you down.

I withold my vote untill you can convince me that either man can have a fight without giving up early to watch the Antiques Roadshow and have a lovely cup of tea.

"Oh Morrisey, could you fetch me slippers?"

"Sure thing Bob.. hey get them your self!"

"Ah come on, they're just under the stairs, I thought you liked bending over."

"Oi, that's a bit under the belt!"

"I thought that's how you liked it squire! Oh I'm a cheekey cockney chappie, though I come Sussex, hey!"

"Alright you, back in 'alf a mo."

morrissey.jpg

"Die you Southern ponce!"

robert_smith2.jpg

"Easy guvnah, easy.."

Wait a second, now it's starting to get interesting. Any bets?

I withold my vote untill you can convince me that either man can have a fight without giving up early to watch the Antiques Roadshow and have a lovely cup of tea.

Morrissey would fight to the dead because he heard Robert Smith eats meat, and Robert Smith would fight back to the death cause you can't take down the Mecha-Streisand without being tough as nails.

sp12.jpg

sp9.jpg

sp10.jpg

21 July 1976 - ??? (UK)

Under the headline "Ramones are rubbish", Morrissey writes: "The Ramones are the latest bumptious band of degenerate no-talents whose most notable achievement to date is their ability to advance beyond the boundaries of New York City, and purely on the strength of a spate of convincing literature projecting the Ramones as God's gift to rock music. They have been greeted with instant adulation by an army of duped fans. Musically, they do not deal in subtlety or variation of any kind, their rule is to be as incompetent as possible. For a band believed to project the youth of America, New York - suburban life, anti-conformism, sex and struggle, or whatever, they fail miserably. And in the sober light of day their imperfections have a field day. (...). The New York Dolls and Patti Smith have proved that there is some life pumping away in the swamps and gutters of New York and they are the only acts which originated from the N.Y. club scene worthy of any praise. The Ramones have absolutely nothing to add that is of relevance or importance and should be rightly filed and forgotten. Steve Morrissey, Kings Road, Stretford, Manchester."

Okay so far so poncey. But check the address, he actually tells all of Great Britain what street he lives on, and he still calls on the wrath of a lot of punks.

• 8 months later...

Archived