Hondo's Bar

Movie Trivia

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how many people will get this...

In Gone in 60 Seconds, when Randall Raines 'Memphis' (Nicolas Cage) goes to see his old friend Otto at his garage... what does Otto call him?

hint: he calls him this by mistake.

Greatest underdog of 'em all, Rocky. It also beat Taxi Driver.

Speaking of the Oscars, here's kinda a vague one...

Who are the only three actors to ever be nominated for both Best Actor and Best Screenplay in the same year?

On second thought, just name at least one.

I'll name all three. Sly Stallone, Orson Welles and Charlie Chaplin.

And, yes, it beat Taxi Driver, but Taxi Driver was considered even less likely to win than Rocky. All The President's Men and Network were the two favorites.

Who played Pontius Pilate in The Last Temptation of Christ?

Who are the only three actors to ever be nominated for both Best Actor and Best Screenplay in the same year?

On second thought, just name at least one.

I'll name all three. Sly Stallone, Orson Welles and Charlie Chaplin.

What about Matt Damon? Robert Benigni? Billy Bob Thornton (if you're not just talking original screenplay)?

Ok, so I forgot those.

Since nobody seems to have gotten 2Ts (hell, I didn't even know of any Chris Nolan flicks of that name) the spoiler says the answer is the Batman logo. Moving on?

What film has Steve Martin and Humphrey Bogart working together to foil a Nazi plot to dissolve the United States with deadly cheese bombs?

she was the telegram girl. been a long time since I saw that movie. I was in middle school or early high school!

ok 2 parter... if yo are up to the challange. If you get one and cant get the other, then go ahead and post a new one.

What film was the debute of both Matthew Broderick and Kiefer Sutherland?

What was Matthew Broderick's 2nd movie ever released, but perhpas the first one to make his name big?

I'm not sure of the first one, but I'd say Broderick first became known from WarGames.

By the way, C&J, I'm so glad someone else loves it besides me. :D

In the original Manchurian Candidate, what was the trigger that put Raymond Shaw into a hypnotic state?

Archived