Hondo's Bar

Pimp Your Shop

Da Cap'n

Funny, that's the first time I heard anybody say they miss Anime Hurricane, but then again you used to work there didn't you Panch. My spot is Villains out in north miami. My spot may be small,but it's the best :eh:. In fact, Anime Hurricane goes to villains to pick up a bulk of there comics and other things, which in turn they jack up the prize to sell it you suckers :) out in that area. I buy stuff all the time and I don't need to pay the guy for a few weeks. Plus I've been going there for years so I get great deals all the time. How do you like them apples Nick

Yeah, Villians is cool, I'd have to admit! When Mike was outta town (owner of AH), we'd have to go out there and get the books ourselves! It was always fun, cause Glenn is cool as shit! I used to get deals too... man, I miss Miami!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So where the hell is Villains? HUrricane moved, nice new location, but every time I want something, it's sold out, I swear to friggen god. There is also Outland station, who also recetly moved, I much preferred their old store. The new one just sucks. Oddly enough, the big asian guy, (I want to call him Pat) from Hurrican now works at outland.

Anyone fondly (or not) remember Alternate Dimensions? RIP.

Christ...i havent seen Anime since it moved. Didnt know Pat was at Outland, he supposedly left on bad terms...and yeah, new Oultand station, if its what im thinkin, its pretty...wee.

AD's gone? They stopped actually selling comics years ago, tho...there was a point they just dumped em to make room for LAN stations & gaming tables, i swear i had more books than they did.

A&M might still be open....they got a lotta good books & merchandise, if you can find it. Frank's is still around (last i checked) by Columbus, but they mark up too much. Tropic's gone too, right? So its coming down to, uh, Super Heroes Unlimited, i think? Shit. I still remember Going, Going Gone, the other one in Town & Country, and even Planet Comics.

Thank god for internets. I swear, if i had a store in anything resembling a prime location, i could make that shirt work.

So where the hell is Villains

It's at 1788 NE 163 St between the spin cycle and checkers. Glenn who own's the place is a cool guy. It's small but worth it. Can't name name's but some well know people go there for their comics and stuff. Plus he's trying get Jim lee to do a indoor signing. Lee was to do it a few months back but was behind on his book so it got pushed back to some time next year.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No link or decent pics but its got to be Forbidden Planet in Dublin city centre. They stock all the ghey Twilight merchandise and all that but they have a basement level specifically for comics and books. They always have what I need.

Although if I'm being cheap I'll go to Hodges Figgis as 1) I used to work in the stockroom there 2) They are crazy cheap because they're a bigger store. Not as good a range though.

Archived