Hondo's Bar

Favorite Firefly Character

Who is your favorite Fireflyt character?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nick, please merge this thread with Firefly thread so we can have this poll in it.

I love all the characters so much, I can totally understadn why any of the 9 would be anyone's favorite. Except for liking cameo character best (like Silent Bob saying Badger was his favorite :eh: ), it's all cool.

Check out this site. Ever shirt is available in like 2 dozen styles and there's also mugs and buttons and shit!

Also here's a (probably not) fun game: Name the Hondo's Bar twin of each character. Obviously, for more than a few reasons, these two are pretty good fits:

Nick (Irish Cowboy) - Mal

MetalHeart - Kaylee

Benny - Book

Anyone else want to take a shot?

Gah evil man, picking one is a goddamn bitch, which is odd for me because with Buffy and Angel I always had a favorite character that I could pretty easily pick, with Serentiy it's tough. Mal is awesome all around, but Jayne is high-larious, and Book is a badass, gah tough to pick, waiting for a bit until I can come to a decision,

Though I think Tulip would make a good River.

Man, i gotta see this one soon, with all the talk...whens the movie come out again? Also, who's got the series, or do i gotta download it?

ps Jax - id merge em, but most times i merge polls with threads, the polls lost...you sure you want me to try?

Well, there's a copy here at my apt, though it is technically angel's don't know how keen he is on letting it out of the house, though you can definitely watchi it if ya swing by sometime. Actually hey would it be possiblt to set up a Hondonian marathon of Firefly before seening the movie? That would be pretty sweet.

Movie comes out on the 30th.

Nah, don't merge the poll witht he poll part gets lost. Can you create a poll in the old thread. I wouldn't mind revoting.

Shit, I just realized I'll still be in Lakeland for the movie. Hey though, if Silent Bob can find a place with a midnight screening.... :yup:

Yeah, Nick, I have the DVD. I'd be happy to lend it to you, if my copy of The Awful Truth was any indication of how long it takes you to watch somethign borrowed.

I had to force my sister to watch the first episode and now she watches them in mini marathons (whole first disc the first time, second disc and the first episode from the tird the next night). She's hooked.

Like Jax I had to make a choice between Kaylee and Jayne. I opted for Jayne though just barely. Make no mistake, I love all the characters to pieces, but there's just something about Jayne. I could write a book about it, and some of the reasons are obvious and some aren't but I think Adam Baldwin summarized his character best when he described Jayne as "Sex. Muscles. Humor. Thuggery." *nod*

Ah, but Mal does get some of the best lines. For example:

Mal: "but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.”

Add the two together, though, and awesomeness ensues:

Jayne: “Ya see, I married me a powerful ugly creature.”

Mal: “How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?”

Jayne: “If I could make you prettier, I would!”

Mal: “You are not the man I met a year ago.”

Website plug: http://www.wavsite.com/sounds.asp?id=115

Ah, but Mal does get some of the best lines.  For example:

Mal: "but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.”

Add the two together, though, and awesomeness ensues:

Jayne: “Ya see, I married me a powerful ugly creature.”

Mal: “How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?”

Jayne: “If I could make you prettier, I would!”

Mal: “You are not the man I met a year ago.”

Website plug: http://www.wavsite.com/sounds.asp?id=115

Ahh I think it's split pretty evenly. Jayne's not the brightest star in the 'Verse but he knows how to bring the funny when he wants to. Like this little gem:

Mal: Can't get paid if you're dead.

Jayne: Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is - let me do the math here.. nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...

Or this one:

Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here. Now we're finishing this deal, and then maybe maybe we'll come back for those morons who got themselves caught.

...oooof course that's right before he goes crazy and falls asleep, but hey - it was a great line.

Inara's not dull, she's just stuble. Anyway, she's a good character, but understandably not favorite material. I do dig Simon as a character though. My former roommate likes him best, but then again, she's studying to become a doctor, so maybe that's a factor....

Sigh...I guess it's time for a lame character quiz: Which Firefly Character Are You?

1078305885_DBillderMal.jpg

You are Captain Malcolm Reynolds, aka. Mal or Captain Tightpants. You saw most of your men die in a war you lost and now you seek solitude with a small crew that you are fiercely devoted to. You have no problems being naked.

Inara's not dull, she's just stuble. Anyway, she's a good character, but understandably not favorite material. I do dig Simon as a character though. My former roommate likes him best, but then again, she's studying to become a doctor, so maybe that's a factor....

They're all great characters in general and they all have their quirks that are annoying to some and appealing to others. Goes with every story. Just so happens that this thread hasn't been exposed to anybody that likes Wash, Book, Inara, River, or Simon. :shrug:

Archived