Hondo's Bar

Willy Wonka

Dag

I was flying back from LA this evening and I saw this movie for the first time.

Here were my impressions:

1. Johnny Depp's character is loosely based on Michael Jackson. The reasons; he invites a twelve year old boy to live with him (but only if his parents won't be around) in his giant cartoonish fairy land packed with his hired help that do his bidding for money, or in this case "coco." And secondly, Willy Wanka loathes his overbearing, asshole father, just like MJ.

2. That kid who is perversly intelligent, violent, and condescending is modeled after the test tube baby (or freakish love child, take your pick) of Jax and Signal.

1. Johnny Depp's character is loosely based on Michael Jackson. The reasons; he invites a twelve year old boy to live with him (but only if his parents won't be around) in his giant cartoonish fairy land packed with his hired help that do his bidding for money, or in this case "coco." And secondly, Willy Wanka loathes his overbearing, asshole father, just like MJ.

Yeah now that you mention it, in this movie, WW does bear an eerie resemblance to MJ.

2. That kid who is perversly intelligent, violent, and condescending is modeled after the test tube baby (or freakish love child, take your pick) of Jax and Signal.

No comment there... :tulip:

Personally I liked the original 1971 movie better. Went into much more detail. This movie seemed to be a bit "rushed". Almost like a "cliffsnotes" version of the other movie if you will.

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,00 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation ot untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Well, Iambaytor is talking about the Willy Wonka movie as if it was an original script, not adapted from the book Roland Dahl wrote in the 1950's. They changed things for the film, but all the homoerotic imagery that Iambaytor sees in the film (like he probably does in many other places) is lifted straight from the book, so I don't think the film makers deserve as much credit as he's giving them.

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,00 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation ot untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

havent seen it.. but from the previews WW looks like a effing fairy fruit loop. All giggly and shit like a flamer who never grew up... aka MJ. So yea, not impressed with the 1 minute commercials... and since those are supposed to be the best shots... doubt I would liek the movie a whole lot.

As far as the white foam and hidden meanings... who really gives? They put hidden meanings in songs, and other flicks why is this so diff?

heres a hidden meaning... Are you Master Baytor?

I thought it was better than the first one and Johnny Depp was hilarious. I didn't feel that the movie was rushed and I like that they went into Willy Wonka's relationship with his father, I also liked the ending better. It was much better than I thought it would be becasue like Signal, I was not impressed with the previews, but like I said I thought it was hilarious, I lughed way more than I thought I would.

i thought it was really cute... and arch kept telling me how the kids were all supposed to die... and i was so sad when they were all alive...

but i liked it better than the original.. and it probably has to do more with the fact that it DOESNT have wilder and DOES have depp. :blink:

rawr!

Archived