Hondo's Bar

Walk the Line

The NZA

I thought it was ok. Pheonix and Witherspoon's voices were absolutely spot on, the musical performances were by far the best part. The movie as a whole was a pretty straight forward music star bio-pic. Put this next to "Ray" and minute for minute, you'll get the same scenes. Also, there was at least 15 minutes too much downward spiraling in it, he basically spends the entire movie popping pills and crying all over the place. Being frank about his addiction is one thing, but it just gets tedious here. The rest of it is pretty good though, and I thought it was worth it just for the performances and a couple of stand out scenes.

I saw the movie a couple of weeks back, and I thought it was allright. I never really listened to Johnny Cash or June Carter, but Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon were really good in their singing, with the fact it was really them singing and they weren't just pulling Ashlee Simpson bits for the film. All and all it was good and if you're into musical bios, then this one is a must see.

• 3 weeks later...

man, what a bunch of haters. Phoenix really started to pull off Cash's baritone by the end, and as far as music bios go (Doors, Bird, still havent seen Ray), i really enjoyed this one, but then again im a Cash fan. I was surprised they didnt do the crowd-pleaser "Boy named sue", and i wish theydve spent more time at Folsom Prison, personally, but it was a great flick.

Also, i dont know what movie Jax saw: lotta pills and spiralling, but he cried like once, i think.

• 1 year later...

Archived