Hondo's Bar

1001 ways you know you play Final Fantasy to much

Newtype

• 1 month later...
Yeah... As a chick you make up a really romantic scenario. Also for FF8 ending (we all want to think they all made sweet sweet love, hahaha....)

294. When you fall unconscious (from sleep depreivation) mid-fight, and dream of this. Then can't decide if it was worth losing a battle over.

295. When you get frustrated trying to explain how incredible FF is to the teacher, but he won't accept it as a valid excuse for ignoring coursework.

296. When a little voice inside screams "Run Blank, Ruuuuun!!" on hearing the word 'petrified.'

297. When you wish your home town would hold a monster killing competition, because we all know it's winning that matters.

298. When you seriously consider restarting FFVIII upon realising you missed a character card near the beginning.

jesus...i thought that only worked on me, with capcom's damned RE series.

twice is ok, paying for the same game 3x is madness.

I did say that I'm a whore.

And for the record I didn't pay for the games the first time. The NES/SNES FF were gifts.

Edited by newtype

155.When your AIM icon is a Chocobo

156.When you get offended when someone calls it a chicken

157.Then you argue with them for 30 minutes about why it's not a chicken

Well... is my avatar cute or what?

248. You are STILL determined to find that secret strategy to bring Aeris back to life.

249. You spend hours with a yardstick or toy swoard trying to master victory poses of Cloud, Squall, and other FF characters.

See number 301 and 302 below...

299. When you have owned the same FF game over 3 different gaming system. (Yeah I'm a whore)

Always do....So yes I so bought the new FF6 even though its for GBA and not the DS... cheap bastards!

:ok:

300. realized that you missed this thread until now and went back to read all of these from the beginning to see if they apply to you

301. you know someone who knows a cheat to let you play with Aeris for the rest of the game (even though she doesn't talk)

302. you know that in Kingdom Hearts, Sora's victory poses at the Colleseum are the victory poses of Cloud, Squall, and Zell

303. you call a friend that owns any FF game and ask them if they want to start a game together and play it while on the phone only so you can read different character lines

304. while doing the above, you have phone breaks in which you give each other deadlines to be by a certain level before you call back to continue the real game

305. when your friend can call you saying they are stuck in a part of an FF game and you can tell them where to go, who to talk to, and the secret items they shouldn't be without, off the top of your head without a guide

306. when you have the figures of the main characters from a game and pose them in their finishing poses cause they look cool and get mad if anyone changes their pose

303. you call a friend that owns any FF game and ask them if they want to start a game together and play it while on the phone only so you can read different character lines

You know I did something similar once. I was on the phone with my friend Ronald, and both of us were playing through the last part of Secret of Mana, just to see who could beat the game faster. The S-O-B beat me by a mere 30 seconds! :ohface:

Oh and I saw it again recently--the real-life replica of Squall's gunblade from FF8. For those of you in the South Florida area, there's a store at Dolphin Mall called the Dolphin Jewelry Exchange. There's a section towards the back of the store where you can buy replicas of weapons from various movies and books (i.e. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc). It is there where you can buy the Gunblade replica. I asked the lady about it and she told me that someone requested it to be custom-made, however they decided to cancel the order at the last minute.

Oh and get this, the Gunblade isn't the only FF-themed weapon replica they have! They also had a replica of Cloud's Buster Sword from FF7, and Paine's sword from FFX-2.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Secret of Mana by the way

310. When Kefka from FF6 (FF3 for SNES) saying "Son of a Sandworm!" really cracks you up.

311. When you're 14 hours into one of the games and you restart it cause you don't like how you named two of the characters...

312. When you get to the same spot you were in with the old game in a mere 7 hours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

323: You've actually played and beat Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES (guilty)

324: You've ever flung objects at somebody shouting "You spoony bard!" (also guilty)

325: You've defended Quina as a character (guilty as well)

326: You've ever actually used the bard class in Final Fantasy 5 (not guilty!)

327: You've made a detailed outline about how they could make a Final Fantasy VI-2 (Guilty, but don't ask me for it, I no longer have it)

• 2 years later...