Hondo's Bar

Marvel Zombies

The NZA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You kidding me?! Marvel fans are so keen on seeing their heroes do intense amounts of staring & nothing else at all? Shit, they could save on writers & just put the lot've 'em on blank panels for the next year or two & call it "Marvel on Ice." Seriously, what is it Marvel zombies do aside from decay? I don't see Spiderman pondering his own nature, wondering if he can still be a superhero while feasting on the sweet, nougatty filling of Aunt May's head as good reading. Someone, PLEASE, either sort me out with a link or pitch it to me. I wanna know what I'm missing.

its the only zombie story ive seen from the perspective of zombies. you get Kirkman, zombie extraordinaire, on Marvel's heroes in a world where they prey on whoever's left...and eventually, Galactus shows up.

Its fun. everyone bitches at the idea, then they read it, have fun, and quit bitching. its not gonna win an eisner, but its fun shit.

Zombies have perspective??

What variety of Zombies are we dealing with here? I'ma ju---SHAZAM

Go about your business Jimmy. Red will take this one home to read some Marvel Zombies. Red especially loves their fruit fillings.

• 10 months later...

MARVEL ZOMBIES: DEAD DAYS

Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN

Penciled by SEAN PHILLIPS

Gatefold cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM

At last—witness the birth of the Marvel Zombies as told by the creative team of the best-selling limited series! Kirkman and Phillips pull out all the stops as they reveal the secret story of the day the Marvel Heroes became brain-eating monsters! Want to see the Avengers eat Jarvis? You won’t get that in this month’s New Avengers, effendi! And we dare you to pry your eyes away from Arthur Suydam’s top-secret double-gatefold zombified homage to a classic 1990's cover you don't want to miss.

OMFG!!! HERR KAPTAIN IS DEAD!!!!!!! IRON MAN GREW TITTIES AND FLEW INTO SPACE TO BECOME GALACTUS' HERALD, WHO IT TURNS OUT WAS BEHIND CIVIL WAR ALL ALONG!!! CAPTAIN MARVEL RETURNED LONG ENOUGH TO SHAKE HIS FIST AT PETER DAVID AND BONE TIGRA. SHE AIN'T SO PRETTY NOW WITH THAT CORNHOLE IN HER LOWER BACK NOW.

oh my god, your ranking on a book cause a) you fell off of Walking Dead before this recent arc went fuckin nuts, and b) kirkman defended liefeld?

you "heard it was style over substance"? youre dojing this one till you actually read the book. it was fun, like baytor said.

Like I said. Those balls of yours dropping must've registered in the fucking richter scale, talking trash about Civil war & then praising this.

Oh yes they did, made of solid cobalt blue steel. Like I said, I was more against this than Civil War. Because it was dumb as hell though both started about the same time that House of Meh ended. The difference being that Marvel Zombies was well written and drawn and Civil War while fairly decently written in the main book has stunk quite of shit in every single fucking tie-in or splinter book attached with the exception of 2 or 3 series. Plus honestly... it's more of a gimmicky than Marvel Zombies, I mean Spacker Dave must just be marking down how many superheroes we haven't seen since the 1960s have been popping up for no explainable reason. I can't wait till the 3-D Man Civl War issue :cry:

Archived