Hondo's Bar

Captain America

The NZA

...where? i mean, i dont want him as political as that green arrow/green lantern book was, but the ish he ran for president was great. i liked "new deal" but post 9-11, a bit've political wasnt bad...then again, i dug cable/solider x and you might not've.

i see and recognize your authority-syndrome concerns. i just dont want the old hokey cap from Iron cap and capwolf days where no one read the book for a reason: boy scouts have no character.

And I agree with you about needing a moral paragon but BUCKY can't play that role. Nobody can ever fill that role the same way. The same thing happened after the death of Superman in which it a role that can't be done with anybody else.

They could manufacture an 'understudy' at the drop of a hat. Infact, something like Steel's first stories that aren't so much blaxploitation would be a mighty interesting read.

Man, 70's Cap was edgy as fuck to the point he was almost(what's the right term? Opposite of Joel?) 'left wing'. We sure don't need that again though, 'especially since we've seen where that rabbit hole ends.

are you talking about the ass that later became U.S.AGENT?

They could manufacture an 'understudy' at the drop of a hat. Infact, something like Steel's first stories that aren't so much blaxploitation would be a mighty interesting read.

Can't be done.

If a new Cap would show up out of the blue then the the whole thing is going to feel forced.

That's like killing Batman and having someone we don't know become the new one.

...where? i mean, i dont want him as political as that green arrow/green lantern book was, but the ish he ran for president was great. i liked "new deal" but post 9-11, a bit've political wasnt bad...then again, i dug cable/solider x and you might not've. i see and recognize your authority-syndrome concerns. i just dont want the old hokey cap from Iron cap and capwolf days where no one read the book for a reason: boy scouts have no character.
Fie on your Boy Scout Hate. I'm talking about the stories(might be the one you're talking too, come to that) where Cap was undermining the presedency and chasing white collar villians all over Washington. Millar made Cap a likeable boy scout in Ultimates who wasn't afraid to fight dirty: I'm pitching a guy more like your veteran granddad who, while still being all righteous & 'watch your p's & q's', will tell the odd dirty joke, marvel at the state of things today, and gently soil himself & fall asleep.
Can't be done.If a new Cap would show up out of the blue then the the whole thing is going to feel forced.That's like killing Batman and having someone we don't know become the new one.
I'm talking about someone like even, say, Elijah whats-it(the blacktain America's gradson): A kid labouring under this percieved legacy, trying to live up to the expectation as best he can and with the limited resources he has. It worked a fucking treat in Reign of the Supermen and could possibly have been sustained if DC hadn't been so panicky about killing off their #1, if only for a couple of characters like Bibbo & Steel.

• 2 weeks later...

again, when i catch up on this/last week's books, ill post a reply. i hope to disagree with you, you know ive loved bru's run as much as you thus far. when you first mentioned this sentiment, i thought "fuck is he talking about? there's no cap movie for a while now" but i think you mentioned as something of an event to counter sales of DC's "Blackest Night", which, if anything, your theory at least means we'd get some downtime after Dark Reign...that'd be nice.

yeah, just read 600 and reborn 1 - cap's been dead wha, 2 years now? its hard for me to call this rushed, especially when 1) we just went back to the old numbering system for # 600, and b) cap coming back to end Dark Reign seems as obvious as...something very obvious.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

nomad.jpg

Nomad

For a long time I've been thinking that this guy is Captain America now. People say "Bucky" and I'm thinking "Fuckin' Nomad? Lorenzo Lamas dude?" and cannot understand why they would be excited about it. I finally got around to Wiki'ing it and learned that, through a complex series of retcons, this guy isn't the real Bucky anymore.

Well thaaaat's cool.

• 1 year later...

tumblr_m1xal3Lmao1qaaihx.gif

see, you gotta put silly shit like that on the cover to sell issues, though. so many questions! "was cap asleep?" "did Steve drink the last of the vodka?" etc etc. if you had this on the cover

KoGi2.jpg

it would be "just another tuesday". please hammer, don't hurt em

ps typical turncoat arch, prolly roots for the dude on the left

Y8OW1.jpg

• 4 months later...