Hondo's Bar

Captain America

The NZA

..utlimate U is insane. i checked back on UXM and it was playing out like the future of the 90s books or something.

Cap for Prez was done in the 70s or so by Byrne (i wanna say?), have it in trade and it's a great story, explains exactly why he'd not take the job. might wiki/rubberneck this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cap for Prez was done in the 70s or so by Byrne (i wanna say?), have it in trade and it's a great story, explains exactly why he'd not take the job.

The main difference here is that America in the Ultimate universe has been teetering on the brink of a very real and total collapse in a way that 616 never has. Even the "real" Rogers might change his mind if he were ever dealing with a crises on that level.

i seriously havent read any ultimate shit in forever, though...read a UXM early this year i think? shit was abuot to pop off cause the whole "WE MADE YOU MUTIES" was outta the bag, and Storm was defecting from some concentration camp or the like and i couldnt shake the scent of Loeb in all of it.

have you read any of current Ultimates? anything you can recommend? maldron's prolly the only one here that still ventures into that territory and he never sounds very praising of it.

Fuckin' Marevel Comich sucjks!

ThEy mayke me iout to br som kindfa pusshy. Ther book int goth no boobeis. No tortrin and fucn peepls' shIt up[. No butyseks. Cain't even gett a fockin blo jobb in mY orwn godammeg comics.

Sholdah neverr sold thim the rgihts. ath leest Ah got a killo of coke frum Stan Lei'ss pesonl stassh oit of it.

YoU giys wana kno thwre reall storey o' Kap'n A? Lik that tiime wee caought that jap in the fuxholew ibn gUam an d fuckd his assh wid ther baynet tilll the holle wass ash shlanty as hes eys./ Orthat tim In berlinh hwen i touk a diumpon Evar Braunn' pasty dedd booobgsh??

Man, tha warr wesh thee fukkin best. Ander got alser dertails in ther comnic I'm doin. I'tsh ahand drw3awn andfd stapled but i'ts REAL, kynow., and thatsh what indiee arht is all abtut. I aibtn sellin oyt my inte- intergh- integriiii- my prioide juast so fokuin littlre kisds cen readh thr book. I'm a hav a stahl at the necst mEgakon ibn Orllanodo. Comm by the boioth. Itl be roight necxt to tha dipsphit Silunt Bob and hes stupd dogg.

i seriously havent read any ultimate shit in forever, though...read a UXM early this year i think? shit was abuot to pop off cause the whole "WE MADE YOU MUTIES" was outta the bag, and Storm was defecting from some concentration camp or the like and i couldnt shake the scent of Loeb in all of it.

have you read any of current Ultimates? anything you can recommend? maldron's prolly the only one here that still ventures into that territory and he never sounds very praising of it.

Literally the only Ultimate book I read is Spider-Man. I'm the only one that likes it, and I've detailed elsewhere how much I look forward to Miles growing from a naive Spider-Boy into a seasoned Spider-Man. I hope he isn't eternally 13, I eventually want a 25 year old Miles whose been doing this half his life. Like I said, I think this is a long, drawn out origin story. His moments of facepalm worthy naiveté are almost a monthly staple. He's a kid with great power, and he's slowly learning what responsibility really means.

I dabbled in a few issues of X-Men, and it's fine, but I felt no desire to buy anymore. So I guess it's not that fine.

Ultimates 3 killed the franchise for me, and, honestly, the entire universe for many years.

• 2 weeks later...

fortunately for you (newt, anyone else feel free to correct me if im wrong here) i wanna say they relaunced the series when bru came on, just find one of the most recent volumes and start at #1, not much prior knowledge needed.

i love the shit out of mark waid & ron garney's 90s revival, it was written like a big action movie but i dont know if it'd be a good intro.

i wanna say they relaunced the series when bru came on.

They did.

Captain America: Winter Soldier, Book One

Captain America: Winter Soldier, Book Two

Captain America: Red Menace, Book One

Captain America: Red Menace, Book Two

Captain America: Civil War

The Death of Captain America, Vol. 1: The Death of the Dream

The Death of Captain America, Vol. 2: The Burden of Dreams

The Death of Captain America, Vol. 3: The Man Who Bought America

Captain America: The Man with No Face

P.S You may want to check out The Marvels Project that also by Brubaker.

Edited by Newtype
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

portrait-uncanny-beeef.jpg

welp, Steve's back

It's not a surprising move given that Marvel Studios' "Captain America: Civil War" is out on May 6, which stars Chris Evans as Steve Rogers. The character will star in a new Marvel series titled "Captain America: Steve Rogers," from the creative team of writer Nick Spencer and artist Jesus Saiz. Current Cap Sam Wilson will remain in the role, meaning Marvel will have two Captain Americas.

"When Steve handed the shield to Sam, it didn’t come with any caveats. It’s his. Steve respects and admires what his old partner is doing, and wants him to carry on," Spencer told Marvel.com. "There are enough problems out there, and enough bad guys, to keep both of them busy. They’ll have very different missions; Sam will continue fighting the battles no one else will go near, while Steve is faced with a resurgent threat from his past: Hydra is back, and stronger than ever."

man, between his S.H.I.E.L.D. boss outfit & Bucky's duds, there's so many better options...

302315-20476-122582-1-nfl-superpro.jpg

• 4 months later...

Regarding the costume: like Nza, not a fan of the new dudds. And why so many pouches? He even has them on his forearm, and I've never seen Cap use anything from one of his pouches. (Unlike Sharon Carter. Boom.)

This is Marvel covering every base so they could, theoretically, do anything they want in the films and it will somehow be canon.

Wait, wha? I need clarification a Panchlation on that. How do you figure this is MCU related? I figured it was more to do with Secret Wars 2015. Which I'm also guessing is how...

Sharon Carter is not dead and is instead a MILF about to take over SHIELD from maria Hill. Someone wanna fill me in on all that? The last Cap comic I read was when he lost the serum and became Capt. Grandpa.

Haku:

Sharon Carter hasn't been dead, she got old in the last arc when she was stuck in that pocket universe of Arnim Zola's with Cap's "son" (the new Nomad). That was the one where he lost the serum and got old.

And I'm not going to spoiler this Hail Hydra shit as it is impossible to be on the internet and not know. This is the stupidest shit, does the internet just think Cap's gonna be a bad guy now? Do they not get how a cliffhanger works?

All of that about the Red Skull and Xavier is some bizarre shit there. I had no idea that's what happened post AvX. It also explains why the latest Marvel Legends toy line has a red skull Onslaught build-a-figure. That theory makes sense, but again, couldn't it just be explained away by the Marvel multiverse reboot(s) from Secret Wars 2015?

Baytor, regarding Agent Carter

OK, maybe I'm getting my comics and my MCU storylines mixed up, but I thought Sharon Carter died in the comics before Captain America was shot by Sharon's niece, a.k.a. agent 13. So how could Sharon "get old" if she already was old? I though so how could Sharon "get old"? Dammit, or maybe I'm thinking about the ultimates Cap. I swear I remember reading comics where Cap revisited his old love and she had remarried.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin