Hondo's Bar

Best Prodigy Song

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Surprised not to see "Mindfields", "One Love", "Firestarter" etc, maybe i missed em up there.  Eh, only 10 spots i guess.

Tought poll, between Out of Space, Poisoin, Naryan, Voodoo...leanin towards Naryan (thanks Chiefy) but ill havta think it over.

• 1 month later...
Guest Yahve

yeah very surprised not to see one love out there... i may have changed my mind.  

Weather experience allways puts me in a good mood

Didn't know the Chillis had a new one coming out, is it eclectic?

I'll see how I take to the new Prodge song in time, lets just say MTV Dance playing it back to back (MTV's newest thing) doesn't help when you're not initially keen.

>flicking thru the music channels at night

And what's on MTV Dan...ah fuck it's that Prodge song AGAIN, fuck off would yez!

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't seen the rest of those live, but Green Day puts on quite  show. If you know how to play guitar, get up close. It is a Green Day tradition that at every live show (actually, don't hold me to this, but it happened when I saw them, and I've heard it happens at least at most of their shows) that they get someone from the audience to come up on stage and play of of their simpler songs. Billy Joe Armstrong will scream into the audience "who here can play the guitar". He'll try to find someone adn he'll try to ask how many years you've been playing. At that point you say something like 7 or 8 years (you have to show him with your fingers). If he picks you, he'll tell you whcih three chords to use, show yout the pattern and tell you to repeat it over and over, and he'll sing while you play! Plushe'll usually let you say something. The guy who played at the show I went to plugged his little garage band and gave a website address. So if you can play KoS, try to get the oppurtunity of a lifetime!

Better than ezra did the same thing live.  Fun as hell, they asked who knew how to play a certain song and said they'd kick you off if you did it wrong, they picked a guy and he did pretty good.  I've gotta learn that one good and see em next time they tour....

Dude, you're going to see Green Day live and I'm tellign you how to get on stage and play guitar with the band in front of thoasands of screaming fans. No matter how much you like Prodigy, if you got to do that, it would trump the experience of seeing Prodigy live. I think we can all agree, that playing guitar on stage with Green Day in front of (how many ever many people will be at witness) fans would be better than JUST seeing any other band, with the possibly exception of:  John Lennon and George Harrison rise form the and strap on their guitar and come together with Paul and Ringo for an 8 hour concert, one night only! One night only!

But what if you had Keith Flint screaming the same, and you get on and Powerchord your way through Their Law, now that my friend would beat playing with Green Day! :D

:D :D :D :frontman:

Oh yeah!! And just now the Smack My Bitch Up Video comes on MTV 2!! Excellant, now less than 20 hours to the moment!!

What a weekend, the Witnness festival was tha Bomb!! I will do a full review of the bands i saw, when i have recovered.

So i will leave it at this, Prodigy are back, and are as good as ever. They are just amazing live, Their Law was the opening Track, it was amazing, with live Guitar, and Drums, oh yeah, just ask KoS who was also there. :D :D

Memo to self. Review of bands i saw @ Witnness

But what if you had Keith Flint screaming the same, and you get on and Powerchord your way through Their Law, now that my friend would beat playing with Green Day! :D

But could Keith say to you "Ok, it's this chord, then that chord, then that chord. Try it out. Great, you got it, just do that over and over again" for any of their songs? It really only works with green day, and it could work for the Sex Pistols and the Ramones if they were still playing concerts. It could work for Blink 182 also, but I doubt anyone who plays guitar has gone to one of their concerts since Enema of the State came out. It's all 15 year old girls (no offense Heartless, you know what I mean I'm sure).

i actually dig the new chilli pepper's song.. "standing in line to see the show tonight and there's a light on..heavy glow.." but i have to admit the break part is pretty lame.. it's like anothny keidas shouts out any two syllable word he can think of... "toothbrush..." "mousetrap..." everything is not really coherent.. it's pretty random..

i would vote for firestarter...if it was on there.. i remember when that song first came out.. i loved it..

oh yes jacks you know me, i'm all about the teenybopper maufactured "punk" that they show on TRL... such as blink.. you know what the tradgedy of all this is? i probably heard and saw both blink and greenday WAY before your lame ass even heard of them.. in case you didn't know Green Day is from berkeley..so when they were first on the scene i saw them here in a local club..and whaddya know.. a little unknown band at the time called Blink 182 opened for them.. and as lame as they may be now.. i dug Blink's "Dude Ranch" album.. josie and dammit were pretty good songs.. and they have a princess lea song which does help their cause..

so before you go all mat pinfield on me jacks and ASSUME that you know my musical preferences based on my age.. wait a minute.. why am i expending my energies defending my music tastes to a guy who listens to RUSH for christ's sake!

What I meant, and I thought is was clear when I said it, was that I didn't mean you. I can say something like "only silly teenage girls listen to britney spears" and say "no offense to you" and mean that I know you aren't include in the people I'm talking about. I was saying that I different mean any disrespect towards you, becasue you have a very good taste in music for your age, for any age actually (dispite your Rush bashing :D ). So to sum up, I brought you up in that last post of mine to exclude you from my comment so as NOT to offend you. Some diplomate I am. Maybe I should be a spin doctor or a PR guy :D .

And as far as your assuming you knew about green day and blink before me, I don't know when you knew about them, but I first heard of Green Day with everyone else, when Longview first hit radio stations, and Blink I knew about approx. 6 months before Enema came out. Thought Damnit was alrigth, but really was more into ska and classic rock at the time and knew about blink through my friends. Don't know if that doesn't make me cool enough to say anything about them, but that's were I stand on those issues.