Hondo's Bar

Best Theme Songs

Reverend Jax

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know I'm ganna get attacked for leaving some songs off this, but I didn't design the polls to have only 10 choices. These are only TV show theme (although Highlander was first a movie). Some that didn't make my cut for the poll includes The Smurfs, Thundercats, Alvin And The Chipmunks, the Simpsons, Spiderman, The Drew Carey Show and all those Disney Afternoon ones, I only put Duck Tales because I thought it was the best of the bunch, although some might argue Gummi Bears.

LOL, good idea for a poll, but why leave out Thundercats? Justify yourself!  ;) When i first read the topic headline, i assumed it was gonna be all of TV, and was ready to attack if the M*A*S*H 'Suicide Is Painless' theme tune wasn't there! And no Ullysees? Bah! Hmmm, let me think about this one before voting, although i'm tempted to vote for Knightrider at the moment!

Damnit! doesn't teh fact that it was on teh floor matter? this wasn't an easy choice. These polls shouldn't be limited to just 10 choices. I love Thundercats, but I didn't feel its theme songs was up to par with the other ten (I even had to condense The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock because I could discard either one). On a cartoon theme-only poll, I would have included it. I stand by my decision.

Apologies, I didn't mean to offend. As it happens I have voted, I've gone for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Great little ditty, especially for a sing-a-long.

My friend made me a CD compilation of cartoon themes a little while ago. I decided to listen to it to conduct research for this thread. It includes all these themes in the poll and more.

After listening to the whole thing I have to say, the best theme tune of a cartoon EVER is undoubtedly 'Ghostbusters'. Made me jump around the room, that theme tune did.

Other tunes seemed weaker than I remember them as a kid. For example, Ducktales kinda sucks listening to it again. Not nearly as good as I remembered it to be.

I completely forgot about ghostbusters. I was looking in my mp3 directory under the artist "Theme" to get ideas and I have ghostbuster under Ray Parker Jr. I remembered Princes Of The Universe even though it was under Queen and the Pink Panther even though it was under Henry Mancini though. And I still love Duck Tales. Life is like a hurricanne, here in Duckburg, race cars, lasers, aeroplanes...

Gummi bears!!!  Dammit that was the best for sure.  On the list tho, I'll go for Ninja Turtles with Duck Tales as a close second.  Spiderman was also a great one.  "Spins a web, any size, catches theives, just like flies look out, here comes the spider man."

JESUS FUCK! I clean forgot about Defenders Of The Earth SOF, good shout! The best bit about that theme song is when it slows down and goes a little pyschedelic...

Master of magic, spells and illusion,

enemies crumble in fear and confusion...MANDRAKE!

How the fuck did i remember that!!!

Uh...crap, i keep doin that.  Hate not givin credit where it's due, sorry bout that.  Goddammit, if all us Irish people didnt look alike, this wouldnt happen!

Just 'cause i cant tan doesnt mean you guys cant either, right?  :irish:

Just thought of another theme I always enjoyed, Bravestar!

Eyes of the eagle,

Strength of a bear,

Speed....of the puma.

Also,

Captain Planet,

He's a hero

Gonna take pollution down to zero....

And not forgetting

Postman Pat Postman Pat

Postman Pat and his black and white cat

Early in the morning

Just as day was dawning

Postman Pats a very happy man...

Good call with M*A*S*H as well Judge, although the tv show never quite lived up to the movie.  :D

• 4 years later...

Why is there no voting option for AIRWOLF?

That music had a primal driving rhythm that made you want to just BITE something.

Jax, you skinbag, there is no justification for not having an AIRWOLF option, I don't care what mewling excuses you give. If you were in the werewolf game, I'd have you eaten next just for this.

• 1 year later...

theme to the wire. 5 seasons, every time they did a different version of "way down in the hole"

first (and orginally) by the blind boys of alabama, then by tom waits, then it got electronic..

Edited by Lorelei