Hondo's Bar

Nintendorks Trivia Challenge

Acalis

Okay fellers, plant your feet firmly on the arrows because it's time to Dance Dance Revolution for Round 8!!! :eh:

Here are the current scores:

Division of Joy = 61 points

Bishopcruz = 39 points

Lycaon = 36 points

Irish Cowboy = 25 points

2track = 21 points

Jumbie = 10 points

Round 8 Questions:

1. In Soul Blazer (SNES), what is so unique about the town of Greenwood?

A. It is populated entirely by ghosts

B. It is populated entirely by women

C. It is populated entirely by animals

D. It is populated entirely by plants

2. In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time, who is the first boss monster?

A. Leatherhead

B. Slash

C. Baxter "The Fly" Stockman

D. The Rat King

3. In the arcade classic Gauntlet, adding a coin will give you how many extra energy points?

A. 100

B. 300

C. 500

D. 700

4. In Solar Jetman (NES), which of the following planets does NOT have a warp portal to other planets?

A. Planet 2 Mexomorf

B. Planet 3 Omebru

C. Planet 6 Lemonte

D. Planet 8 Shishkebab

5. Which item/feature made its debut in Megaman II?

A. Sliding

B. Robodog Rush

C. Mega Buster

D. 8 monsters instead of 6

6. In Drakkhen (SNES), who is the Prince of Air?

A. Naakhtkhen

B. Hordkhen

C. Haaggkhen

D. Hazhulkhen

7. At the end of Final Fantasy IV (II on SNES), what color is Kain's hair when they show him without his helmet?

A. Black

B. Blond

C. Brown

D. Red

8. In The 7th Saga (SNES). what is the first of the 7 runes that you acquire?

A. Wind

B. Water

C. Sky

D. Star

9. What is the first Contra game to feature the Hunter missile weapon?

A. Super C

B. Contra Force

C. Operation C

D. Contra III: The Alien Wars

10. In Legend of Zelda, the Bow is found in Level 1 in the first quest. Where can it be found in the second quest?

A. Level 2

B. Level 3

C. Level 4

D. Level 5

**********BONUS QUESTION**********

Q: In Startropics (NES), what is the submarine frequency that you find in the special paper that comes with the gamepak that you uncover by soaking it in water?

A: (post your response here)

Good luck ladies and gentlemen! :2T:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Round 8 Questions:

2. In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time, who is the first boss monster?

A. Leatherhead

B. Slash

D. The Rat King

3. In the arcade classic Gauntlet, adding a coin will give you how many extra energy points?

A. 100

B. 300

C. 500

D. 700

4. In Solar Jetman (NES), which of the following planets does NOT have a warp portal to other planets?

A. Planet 2 Mexomorf

B. Planet 3 Omebru

C. Planet 6 Lemonte

D. Planet 8 Shishkebab

A. Sliding

B. Robodog Rush

C. Mega Buster

A. Naakhtkhen

B. Hordkhen

C. Haaggkhen

D. Hazhulkhen

7. At the end of Final Fantasy IV (II on SNES), what color is Kain's hair when they show him without his helmet?

A. Black

B. Blond

C. Brown

D. Red

A. Wind

B. Water

C. Sky

D. Star

A. Super C

B. Contra Force

C. Operation C

10. In Legend of Zelda, the Bow is found in Level 1 in the first quest. Where can it be found in the second quest?

A. Level 2

B. Level 3

C. Level 4

D. Level 5

Q: In Startropics (NES), what is the submarine frequency that you find in the special paper that comes with the gamepak that you uncover by soaking it in water?

A: All I know about submarines is what I learned in Hunt for Red Otober

Round 8 Answers:

The town of Greenwood is populated only by animals, mostly dogs, birds, squirrels, deers, and crocodiles.

A. Leatherhead

B. Slash

D. The Rat King

Baxter Stockman is the first boss the shellsome foursome fights.

A. 100

B. 300

C. 500

D. 700

For each coin you put in, you get an additional 700 points of energy.

A. Planet 2 Mexomorf

B. Planet 3 Omebru

C. Planet 6 Lemonte

D. Planet 8 Shishkebab

Planet 3 has warps to Planets 5, 6, and 7, Planet 6 has warps to Planets 9 and 10, and Planet 8 has a warp to Planet 13.

A. Sliding

B. Robodog Rush

C. Mega Buster

Megaman II was the first to have 8 boss monsters instead of 6 like in Megaman I. Sliding and Rush didn't debut till Megaman III, and the Mega Buster didn't debut till Megaman IV.

A. Naakhtkhen

B. Hordkhen

C. Haaggkhen

D. Hazhulkhen

Naakhtkhen is the Prince of Air, Hordkhen the Prince of Earth, Haaggken the Prince of Water, and Hazhulken the Prince of Fire.

A. Black

B. Blond

C. Brown

D. Red

Kain sports blond hair under his helmet.

A. Wind

B. Water

C. Sky

D. Star

The Wind Rune is the first of the 7 runes you find.

A. Super C

B. Contra Force

C. Operation C

Operation C (GameBoy) was actually the first Contra game to have the Hunter Missile weapon.

A. Level 2

B. Level 3

C. Level 4

D. Level 5

Although you acquire the Bow in Level 1 in the first quest, you do not acquire it until Level 5 in the second quest.

A: 747 Mhz

Point results for Round 8:

Jumbie = 1 point

Rounds 1-8 point totals:

Bishopcruz = 39 points

Lycaon = 36 points

Irish Cowboy = 25 points

2track = 21 points

Jumbie = 11 points

Jumbie was the sole participant for Round 8, and the only one to earn points this time around. I guess interest is dwindling.

I will be posting Round 9 questions after the New Year, so I will see you then!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, sorry I took so long to post the answers. I wanted to wait till the Holidays were past, and plus I was sick for a little while there, so I wasn't online, but anyhow, here we go.

Scores going into Round 9

Bishopcruz = 39 points

Lycaon = 36 points

Irish Cowboy = 25 points

2track = 21 points

Jumbie = 11 points

Round 9 Questions:

1. In Soul Calibur III, which character transforms into the monster Abyss at the end of Tales of Souls?

A. Tira

B. Zasalamel

C. Nightmare

D. Siegfried

2. In Super C (NES), which 2 levels are "above-point-of-view" levels?

A. Levels 3 and 6

B. Levels 2 and 6

C. Levels 3 and 7

D. Levels 2 and 7

3. In Megaman III, which boss must you defeat to acquire the Rush Jet upgrade?

A. Shadow Man

B. Needle Man

C. Gemini Man

D. Spark Man

4. In Mario Kart: Double Dash (GameCube), what is the function of the Winged Blue Shell?

A. Homes in on the nearest target

B. Same as the Green Shell but insanely huge!

C. Strikes the cart in first place

D. Nothing! There is no such item in this game!

5. Which of the following items can be found in Metroid II: Return of Samus (GameBoy), but NOT in Super Metroid (SNES)?

A. Spider Ball

B. Spring Ball

C. Spazer

D. Space Jump

6. In Mike Tyson's Punchout (NES), who is the 4th contender Little Mac fights?

A. Don Flamenco

B. Piston Honda

C. Soda Popinski

D. King Hippo

7. In Secret of Mana (SNES), which one of the Empire's generals battles you several times in the form of Mech Rider?

A. Sheex

B. Fanha

C. Geshtar

D. Thanatos

8. In Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which item do you need to enter the Fifth Palace?

A. Magic Flute

B. Magic Boots

C. Magic Raft

D. Magic Glove

Submitted by Lycaon

9. Which character is not a playable character in the first PS Darkstalkers game?

A. Bishamon

B. B.B. Hood

C. J. Talbain

D. Felicia

10. In Donkey Kong Country I, which ape helps you fly quickly to destinations previously visited with their Barrel Flight service?

A. Funky Kong

B. Cranky Kong

C. Candy Kong

D. Flighty Kong

Submitted by Division of Joy

Anagrams: Rearrange the following anagram to identify the game: MORE TURD PIES (hint, it's a bit spacey)

A: (post your response here)

Just FYI, I wanna revive the Crap Shack Trivia Challenge soon, so I will be capping this one at Round 10, so best of luck to all of you! :FHD:

Round 9 Answers:

1. In Soul Calibur III, which character transforms into the monster Abyss at the end of Tales of Souls?

A. Tira

B. Zasalamel

C. Nightmare

D. Siegfried

Zasalamel transforms into the final boss Abyss at the end of Tales of Souls for each character (except if you play Zasalamel of course).

2. In Super C (NES), which 2 levels are "above-point-of-view" levels?

A. Levels 3 and 6

B. Levels 2 and 6

C. Levels 3 and 7

D. Levels 2 and 7

Levels 2 and 6 are the "above-point-of-view" levels.

3. In Megaman III, which boss must you defeat to acquire the Rush Jet upgrade?

A. Shadow Man

B. Needle Man

C. Gemini Man

D. Spark Man

Mega Man acquires Rush Jet along with the Needle Cannon from Needle Man.

4. In Mario Kart: Double Dash (GameCube), what is the function of the Winged Blue Shell?

A. Homes in on the nearest target

B. Same as the Green Shell but insanely huge!

C. Strikes the cart in first place

D. Nothing! There is no such item in this game!

When used, the Winged Blue Shell immediately warps to just behind the cart in first place and whacks it.

5. Which of the following items can be found in Metroid II: Return of Samus (GameBoy), but NOT in Super Metroid (SNES)?

A. Spider Ball

B. Spring Ball

C. Spazer

D. Space Jump

The Spider Ball (which allows Samus to stick to the walls when rolled up as a ball and to move about them) is the only one of these items that can be found in Metroid II, but NOT Super Metroid.

6. In Mike Tyson's Punchout (NES), who is the 4th contender Little Mac fights?

A. Don Flamenco

B. Piston Honda

C. Soda Popinski

D. King Hippo

Don Flamenco is the 4th contender Little Mac bouts with. Piston Honda is 3rd, King Hippo is 5th, and Soda Popinski is 8th I believe.

7. In Secret of Mana (SNES), which one of the Empire's generals battles you several times in the form of Mech Rider?

A. Sheex

B. Fanha

C. Geshtar

D. Thanatos

Geshtar fights you as Mech Rider. Sheex fights you as Dark Stalker and Aegagropilon, Fanha fights you as Hexas, and Thanatos as Dark Lich.

8. In Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which item do you need to enter the Fifth Palace?

A. Magic Flute

B. Magic Boots

C. Magic Raft

D. Magic Glove

The Fifth Palace is the Ocean Palace, therefore the only way to enter it is with the Magic Boots, which allows Link to walk on the water.

Submitted by Lycaon

9. Which character is not a playable character in the first PS Darkstalkers game?

A. Bishamon

B. B.B. Hood

C. J. Talbain

D. Felicia

B.B. Hood is NOT a playable character in the first PS Darkstalkers game.

10. In Donkey Kong Country I, which ape helps you fly quickly to destinations previously visited with their Barrel Flight service?

A. Funky Kong

B. Cranky Kong

C. Candy Kong

D. Flighty Kong

Funky Kong operates Barrel Flights, and helps you to fly back to places you previously completed. Candy Kong helps you save your game. Cranky Kong is an old coot who sometimes gives you some helpful tips in between his inane ramblings. There is no such character as Flightly Kong, I just made him up.

Submitted by Division of Joy

Anagrams: Rearrange the following anagram to identify the game: MORE TURD PIES (hint, it's a bit spacey)

A: SUPER METROID

(Really people, I am getting sick of all you guys bitching about my anagram questions! They are there to make you think and to challenge your brains, and there are websites that allow you to rearrange anagrams to find words if you know where to look!)

--

Results for Round 9:

Division of Joy = 7 points (+1 submission) (x2 bonus) = 15 points

Bishopcruz = 10 points

Lycaon = 0 points (+1 submission) = 1 point

Point Totals for all rounds:

Division of Joy = 76 points

Bishopcruz = 49 points

Lycaon = 37 points

Irish Cowboy = 25 points

2track = 21 points

Jumbie = 11 points

Division of Joy surges to the lead with 76 points! Bishop is 2nd with 49 and Lycaon rounds up the top 3 with 37 points.

Don't count yourselves out or in just yet. There's tons of points to be had on Round 10, as it will be the final round of this challenge. It may be sometime before I post the questions as the format will be slightly different in the point system for the final round. I'll keep you posted on how this will be done before I post the questions. Good luck all of you!

(Really people, I am getting sick of all you guys bitching about my anagram questions! They are there to make you think and to challenge your brains, and there are websites that allow you to rearrange anagrams to find words if you know where to look!)

And they are relatively useless. I used several, and the word SUPER, never even came up, there were too many possibilities. Making an anagram out of a game is not that difficult, figuring one out when there are very limited and several hundred possible answers. Not to mention that without even a number of words you have nearly limitless options. Not to mention NO one solved the last one, and DoJ solved this one because he submitted it. I mean they are your questions, and it's your game, I just friggen HATE anagrams.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I finally managed to come up with some questions. There will be 10 questions just like other rounds, only this time around, each correct question will be worth 5 Points! Also there will be 2 bonus questions. Answer one right and I will double your points for the round. Answer both right and I will add your score to your score from previous rounds, and double THAT score! There's a potential here for 100 points in this round, so even if you haven't competed in any of the previous 9 rounds, you still have a chance to get first place and win the challenge!

Before we begin, here are the point totals going into the final round:

Bishopcruz = 49 points

Lycaon = 37 points

Irish Cowboy = 25 points

2track = 21 points

Jumbie = 11 points

Allright here we go with Round 10, aka the bonus round:

1. In Final Fantasy V, which town shares its name with a real-life temple from Ancient Egypt?

A. Worus

B. Karnak

C. Rugor

D. Surgate

2. Which of the following is NOT one of the tracks you race on in the Flower Cup race in Super Mario Kart (SNES)?

A. Mario Circuit 2

B. Donut Land 2

C. Chocolate Island 1

D. Bowser Castle 2

3. In Legend of Zelda (NES), in Level 7 (first quest), the old man tells you about "the secret in the tip of the nose". What is that secret?

A. A secret room with lots of rupees

B. The location of the triforce piece

C. A hidden stairwell leading to the Red Candle

D. A hidden stairwell leading to the boss

4. In Kingdom Hearts (PS2), which world do you fight the optional boss known as Kurt Zisa?

A. Olympic Coliseum

B. Neverland

C. Traverse Town

D. Agrabah

5. In Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II (NES), eating a chicken restores some energy. What happens when you eat a large chicken?

A. It has the same effect as a normal-size chicken

B. Restores twice as much energy as a normal-size chicken

C. Takes away some energy instead, and leaves you feeling dizzy for a second

D. Completely restores your energy

6. Which forest town from Ultima: Exodus also appears in Ultima: Quest of the Avatar as a forest town?

A. Yew

B. Minoc

C. Trinsic

D. Magincia

7. In Castlevania III, which of the following is NOT one of the 3 souls who joins Trevor on his journey, and shares his body?

A. Grant

B. Sypha

C. Richter

D. Alucard

8. In Megaman III, which two bosses from Megaman II does Megaman face off against in Gemini Man's stage revisited?

A. Wood Man and Heat Man

B. Flash Man and Bubble Man

C. Air Man and Crash Man

D. Metal Man and Quick Man

9. In Arc the Lad I, how old is the wizard Gogen?

A. Over 500 years old

B. Over 1000 years old

C. Over 3000 years old

D. Over 5000 years old

10. In Chrono Trigger, what is Crono's innate elemental?

A. Lightning

B. Fire

C. Water

D. Shadow

**********BONUS QUESTIONS***********

NOTE: Please DO NOT post your bonus question answers here, instead IM them to me.

BQ#1: What is the method of currency (money used) in Drakkhen (SNES)?

BQ#2: In Metroid (NES) what is the secret password to play as Samus WITHOUT her yellow suit? (NOTE: you must list ALL 24 characters in the password).

Okay good luck to all of you! Remember there's 100+ point to potentially earn here, so who knows, maybe someone who has 0 points could come up on top and beat first place! :FHD:

Okay I finally managed to come up with some questions. There will be 10 questions just like other rounds, only this time around, each correct question will be worth 5 Points! Also there will be 2 bonus questions. Answer one right and I will double your points for the round. Answer both right and I will add your score to your score from previous rounds, and double THAT score! There's a potential here for 100 points in this round, so even if you haven't competed in any of the previous 9 rounds, you still have a chance to get first place and win the challenge!

Before we begin, here are the point totals going into the final round:

Bishopcruz = 49 points

Lycaon = 37 points

Irish Cowboy = 25 points

2track = 21 points

Jumbie = 11 points

Allright here we go with Round 10, aka the bonus round:

1. In Final Fantasy V, which town shares its name with a real-life temple from Ancient Egypt?

A. Worus

B. Karnak

C. Rugor

D. Surgate

2. Which of the following is NOT one of the tracks you race on in the Flower Cup race in Super Mario Kart (SNES)?

A. Mario Circuit 2

B. Donut Land 2

C. Chocolate Island 1

D. Bowser Castle 2

3. In Legend of Zelda (NES), in Level 7 (first quest), the old man tells you about "the secret in the tip of the nose". What is that secret?

4. In Kingdom Hearts (PS2), which world do you fight the optional boss known as Kurt Zisa?

A. Olympic Coliseum

B. Neverland

C. Traverse Town

D. Agrabah

5. In Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II (NES), eating a chicken restores some energy. What happens when you eat a large chicken?

6. Which forest town from Ultima: Exodus also appears in Ultima: Quest of the Avatar as a forest town?

A. Yew

B. Minoc

C. Trinsic

D. Magincia

7. In Castlevania III, which of the following is NOT one of the 3 souls who joins Trevor on his journey, and shares his body?

A. Grant

B. Sypha

C. Richter

D. Alucard

8. In Megaman III, which two bosses from Megaman II does Megaman face off against in Gemini Man's stage revisited?

A. Wood Man and Heat Man

C. Air Man and Crash Man

A. Over 500 years old

B. Over 1000 years old

C. Over 3000 years old

D. Over 5000 years old

A. Lightning

B. Fire

C. Water

D. Shadow

NOTE: Please DO NOT post your bonus question answers here, instead IM them to me.

BQ#2: In Metroid (NES) what is the secret password to play as Samus WITHOUT her yellow suit? (NOTE: you must list ALL 24 characters in the password).

Okay good luck to all of you! Remember there's 100+ point to potentially earn here, so who knows, maybe someone who has 0 points could come up on top and beat first place! :2T:

man, fuck you, seriously.. i know my shit about games, now, whether or not you wanna be pissy about it is up to you, but seriously.. piss an' moan all ya like... s'gonna prove and solve nothing...

ps, acalis, i've had one or two issues recently, both personal and internetal, any chance of an extended round?

man, fuck you, seriously.. i know my shit about games, now, whether or not you wanna be pissy about it is up to you, but seriously.. piss an' moan all ya like... s'gonna prove and solve nothing...

ps, acalis, i've had one or two issues recently, both personal and internetal, any chance of an extended round?

It depends, seems like not as many people are competing lately, so I see a sudden boost in participation, then maybe I might extend it a few more rounds, but it's all wait and see. Mainly I want to resume the Crap Shack Trivia Challenge, and it's hard to manage 2 challenges at the same time, but if I see a renewed support, then I may extend it.

I will be posting Round 10 Answers on Saturday morning February 10th before 7:00am Eastern US time, so hurry up and post your guesses if you wanna rack some massive points! Need I remind you there is a 100+ point potential to me made even if you have 0 points going into this round, and DoJ only has 76, so you might end up surpassing him to win! Good luck to all of you!

:fishing:

Okay guys, this will conclude Round 10, and will be the final posting for the Nintendorks Trivia Challenge. We shall find out once and for all who the winner will be. Good luck to everyone!

A. Worus

B. Karnak

C. Rugor

D. Surgate

There is an ancient temple in Egypt called the Temple of Karnak.

A. Mario Circuit 2

B. Donut Land 2

C. Chocolate Island 1

D. Bowser Castle 2

Mario Circuit 2 is the last track of the Mushroom Cup.

Check out the map of Level 7 itself here and see for yourself.

A. Olympic Coliseum

B. Neverland

C. Traverse Town

D. Agrabah

Ride the magic carpet from town towards the Cave of Wonders in Agrabah and halfway you will be attacked by Kurt Zisa.

Eating a large chicken will leave you feeling dizzy and take away some energy.

A. Yew

B. Minoc

C. Trinsic

D. Magincia

In both Ultima: Exodus and Ultima: Quest of the Avatar, Yew is a town surrounded by forest.

A. Grant

B. Sypha

C. Richter

D. Alucard

I believe you play as Richter Belmont (a descendent of Simon) in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

A. Wood Man and Heat Man

C. Air Man and Crash Man

Megaman fights Flash Man and Bubble Man in Gemini Man's stage revisited. Wood Man and Heat Man are found in Shadow Man's stage revisited, Air Man and Crash Man in Needle Man's stage, and Metal Man and Quick Man in Spark Man's stage.

A. Over 500 years old

B. Over 1000 years old

C. Over 3000 years old

D. Over 5000 years old

Gogen tells Arc that he's been imprisoned inside the stone pillar for 3000 years.

A. Lightning

B. Fire

C. Water

D. Shadow

Crono's innate elemental is Lightning. Marle and Frog are both Water, Lucca is Fire, Magus and Robo are Shadow, and Ayla has none.

Answer: Jade

Answer: JUSTIN BAILEY ------ ------

Point Results for Round 10:

Bishopcruz: 45 points (+49 previous points)(x2 Bonus) = 188 points

Final point totals overall:

Bishopcruz = 188 points

Lycaon = 37 points

Irish Cowboy = 25 points

2track = 21 points

Jumbie = 11 points

Bishopcruz was the sole participant of the final round, and as such ended up with the final point total of 188 points, thus making him the official Nintendorks Trivia Challenge Winner!!! Well I guess everyone who thought DoJ would be a shoe-in to win was wrong afterall. Congradulations Bishopcrup! And thanks to all of you for a great challenge!

Do not fret, you won't be suffering from trivia withdrawal for long. Coming real soon to the Crap Shack will be the CRAP SHACK TRIVIA CHALLENGE DELUXE EDITION! I look forward to seeing you all there! :yup:

congrats bish, well played! my schedule didnt keep in line with the game, but if another game one comes up with a set schedule, ill seriously be down - sorry al. I thought this was really cool, for what its worth.

Lookin forward to the crap shack one and all the googling ill do

I was thinking acalis, if you want to let it go for a bit, I could take over the next round. I've had a bunch of ideas for questions lately. Let me know.

Hmmmm, well if you're willing to help me out, I guess I could start up Nintendorks Trivia Challenge Deluxe as well, and you can administer the questions from time to time if you like. I really had my heart set on resuming the Crap Shack Challenge, because there I can come up with all sorts of questions, and I won't have to confine them to just video-game-related material (which believe me, it is hard to find without going back to the same games and all). So if you wanna help me out there, then sure! The only drawback is you won't be able to participate in competing though. It's only fair, if that wasn't the case, then heck I'D be the winner! :cheers:

Kick ass. I hope Cheaty McGee doesn't fuck that one up as well.
I seriously doubt it. One thing I forgot to mention is I am gonna be implementing a different kind of point system this time around, which would make it so if you get questions wrong, you would LOSE points! This would make it more challenging to stay in the lead, and hopefully would encourage more people to participate without having to worry about having to catch up to the top scorer who is 100 points ahead or so!

Man, I was really enjoying this quiz until it got Doj'd.

Had you stuck around, you probably could've won. Look how far ahead DoJ was, and then look what happened with Round 10 and Bishopcruz coming from behind and winning. :pinch:

Archived