Hondo's Bar

Battlestar Galactica

Newtype

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also Ly-I agree wqith the above statement that Starbuck is badarsed. She's my favourite so far. Way hotter than the slutty macking chick.

You think she's a badass only from what you've seen on the first episode? Just you fucking wait.

Season 4 is looking pretty good so far. Since I haven't seen the original, I have NO idea how it's all going to pan out. Great cliffhangers with plausible surprises every corner. BSG shows off some major acting skillz, if only Sci Fi's movies of the week had 1/10 of such dedication. They suck beyond all recognition, while BSG blows trekkies to kingdom come.

Also catching this season's Doctor Who... as corny as usual

Though I miss this season's hottie sidekick :(

WMC DVR FTW :ohface:

• 3 weeks later...

Caught up to this week's episode (including Razor - definitely worth watching if you

wanna know what the pegasus was up to - ugh

) and again, best sci-fi for me since Firefly. thanks again newt.

Season 3's finale, the last 6 minutes or so, blew my fucking mind.

You're a better man than I, Ly. i told spiffytee we'd watch season 3 together but he hated it where it started and thought it was dragging its nuts, whereas i thought it was a cool direction and i uh, somehow used that to justify watching it in like 3 nights without 'im. :eh:

but you know what? i can reads the spoilers.

• 5 weeks later...

:no::anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger:

ok, so this half-season went out with a bang, no doubt, but that means the ending wont be until some point in '09. i totally got spoiled spending the last month or so catching up on this, but now i needs my closure. argh.

pathetic!

drifter: i didnt know that was in doubt; i hadnt watched the older series but figured this was at least far enough into the future to have jump-drives and such. but yeah, they're proper-fucked.

if it wasnt so spoiler-ridden and i trusted souls like Skeet to not highlight the spoilers? id throw a "who's the final cylon" poll out there and take bets. Seriously.

That was the joke/premise of the original series,

that we humans here on earth were from a more advanced society that brought us to this planet in ancient times. In the opening sequence of the show the monologue stated "Even now" there may be brothers of man fighting for survival among the stars etc... The original Galactica series was about the struggle of more advanced humans trying to find us in the present day... but it turned out that the setting of the show was actually in the mid to late 60s but you didn't find out exactly until the 1980 series. The fleet was always finding little clues as to the state of earth; the technology of the human settlements they would find along the way was constantly devolving and they even intercepted the transmission of the Apollo moon landing close to the end of the show's run... and then of course the fleet actually managed to get to earth for the god awful Galactica 1980 series.

Do you get the feeling that I use to watch this show alot when I was younger? Hell, I even have the model of the original Battlestar from the first series.

heh....its not.

shit's a hell of a jump, eh? i loved that part.

I hate those jumps. They rarely work worth a damn.

Honestly, the characters were inept in that last episode. Do you remember how they were found? And Baltar-he may've been sad about the suicide of that one cylon, but come on. The man's supposed to be a genius. He should've made a better president than that, shouldn't he?

Archived