Hondo's Bar

Battlestar Galactica

Newtype

How can this show not have its own thread.

Plot Outline: A re-imagining of the original series in which a "rag-tag fugitive fleet" of the last remnants of mankind flees pursuing aliens while simultaneously searching for their true home, Earth. The new series departs from the original in several respects. It rejects the traditional televised science fiction styles of Star Trek adopted by the original in favor of what executive producer Ronald D. Moore calls "naturalistic science fiction". In premise, the new series recasts several key characters from male to female and introduces the notion that the Cylons, the cybernetic enemies of the humans, were created by man. In addition to the Cylon Centurions there are also humanoid models that closely mimic a complete human down to the cellular level. The look of the new series also benefits from recent advances in computer-generated imaging and digital special effects.

So I have to ask. Has anybody been watching this show at all.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love this show. It's a major step up from the original series from the 70's. While I do love the original my problem with it was the show had a lighthearted feel to it and it was chessy as hell. You had less then 50,000 people left alive an you'll think the be a bit darker.

• 8 months later...
Well, ^_^ never stops singing this show's praises, newt i gotta get this one offa you too - you got it on your hard drive? while were at it, im really looking for the anime Monster if you got that too.

I have it on DVD but no monster.

• 5 months later...

Thats right people battlestars new season four will be starting on March 22, 2008, just two months away. So all you frakin nerds and geeks better start getting those dvd's and tivo's up to date .

After leaving us with a hell of an ending in season 3, that finished more than a year ago, sci-fi is finally airing season 4.... Can't wait!!!!!

battlestar_galactica.jpg

Aaaaanyway....

Yeah Battlestar rocks the shit. I only seem to catch maybe 3 or 4 eps a season though through unfortunate circumstance and a diehard BG friend of mine just fills in the blanks.

Its strange that nobody has yet mentioned the hot Human form Cylon chick? I'd ressurect that bitch any day... wtf?! what does that even mean?? :FHD:

Nooooiiice...

Plus shes showing a little more tit than is commonly acceptable on a prime time show. The mechanics of that dress are mind boggling, how does it hug her svelte curves oh so gently yet oh so firmly....

...excuse me gentlemen. I have masturbation to attend to.

• 2 months later...

Archived