Hondo's Bar

Battlestar Galactica

Newtype

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, the characters were inept in that last episode. Do you remember how they were found? And Baltar-he may've been sad about the suicide of that one cylon, but come on. The man's supposed to be a genius. He should've made a better president than that, shouldn't he?

Baltar is a genius but completely insecure over his ability and paranoid everyone is out to get him.... which considering what he did in the beginning of the series certainly gives him reason to. Baltar is scientist and a genius but it doesnt necessarily label him a leader. if anything, from what i have gathered from the series, this man has incredible amount of luck, because every situation he has gotten himself into, hes been able to survive and get by it, in a better position than he was in before. wait till you get into season three.

Baltar is a genius but completely insecure over his ability and paranoid everyone is out to get him.... which considering what he did in the beginning of the series certainly gives him reason to. Baltar is scientist and a genius but it doesnt necessarily label him a leader. if anything, from what i have gathered from the series, this man has incredible amount of luck, because every situation he has gotten himself into, hes been able to survive and get by it, in a better position than he was in before. wait till you get into season three.

He should've known that the cylons could've found them by their sensors picking up the traces of that blast.

• 2 weeks later...

you know, i really cant get that Gaeta’s Lament song out of my head some days.

Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man

With my three wishes clutched in her hand

The first that she be spared the pain

That comes from a dark and laughing rain

When she finds love may it always stay true

This I beg for the second wish I made too

But wish no more

My life you can take

To have her please just one day wake

actually kinda wish i could find it in mp3.

somehow totally didnt catch that it was about the hybrid.

• 4 months later...

roslin-airlock-08.jpg

Had to look this up, knowing its not far off of finishing, and wiki says:

Webisodes: Face of the Enemy

Linking both halves of season 4 together will be a set of 10 webisodes which will play a similar role to that which The Resistance played between seasons 2 and 3. The series will be released in the weeks leading up to the premiere of episode 13, starting on December 12, 2008, and will be titled Face of the Enemy.

Episodes 13 to 22

The second half of season 4 (consisting of 10 episodes) are scheduled to begin airing on January 16, 2009. Moore has stated that some of these episodes will run longer than the traditional episode with the series finale possibly running for up to three hours.

After the Series Finishes

The Plan (TV Movie)

On August 7, 2008, SCI FI released an announcement about a new 2-hour Battlestar Galactica special event directed by series star Edward James Olmos and written by series veteran Jane Espenson. In the announcement, they confirm that the final 10 episodes of Season 4 will air beginning in 2009, and that the special event will air following the conclusion of the series.

if that's not enough, there'll be a prequel afterwards!

On April 27, 2006, the Sci Fi Channel announced that a prequel spin-off of BSG was in development. Caprica will take place over 50 years before the current series, before the original Cylon War, and will chronicle the Adama family and Caprican society as well as show the advancement of technology leading to the Cylon revolt. On March 26, 2007, Ronald Moore said that the Sci Fi Channel was not picking up Caprica as a pilot, though a movie or DVD release were still possibilities. According to Moore, the show was currently "on the back burner." On March 18, 2008, Ronald Moore confirmed that the long rumored spin-off, Caprica is in fact a go project with a two-hour backdoor pilot to be produced initially. On December 2, 2008 SCI FI announced that it had given the green light for a full series. The first season, composed of 20 episodes including the pilot, is currently slated to resume shooting in the middle of 2009 for a premiere in early 2010.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tim and i refer to this as "Battlestar Gacracktica. We literally watched the mini-series through the end of season three in like 3 weeks. Don't have TV, but can't wait for season 4 on DVD. No internets so can't watch on hulu either. Meh. The last episode of 3 blew my mind. There are soooo many interesting details about some of the characters and their shocking discovery. Like

Tigh, Tyrol and Anders are were all leaders of the resistance on New Caprica, and I believe that Tory was a part of it as well.

Also one of my favorite episodes was the

one where Tyrol leads the Tillium workers. "It's called a General Strike Sir." AWESOME. And what's with Baltar's Marxist pamphlets? You never see that on TV. It was so rad!

Maybe the best show on TV since The Wire, and I don't even dig SciFi very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Holy shit. Did anybody else catch the first episode of the new season? I thought it was amazing.

Just watched it. The BIG question is answered but they raised some new ones:

WTF is Kara Thrace?!?!!?

How did the final 5 survive the nuclear blast & get back to the colonies?

How'd the final 5 lose their memories?

OK this one isn't necessarily "new."

How'd the Earth get populated by Cylons?

Why did skinjob Cylon inhabited Earth go nuclear?

You know, at this point,

I'm not sure they actually found Earth. Was there an establishing shot as the fleet approached the planet? We know that there is an Earth out there from the beginning of last season but did the fleet actually find it or did they find another planet and earth is still out there?

You know, at this point,

I'm not sure they actually found Earth. Was there an establishing shot as the fleet approached the planet? We know that there is an Earth out there from the beginning of last season but did the fleet actually find it or did they find another planet and earth is still out there?

Yep, it's it. SO say we all, urm, I mean..so says series creator Ronald Moore IN THIS INTERVIEW.

However, if you notice the way he phrases his answer

he doesn't deny the 13th tribe might've moved on to another planet. And it appears to be the search for this other planet will be the crux of the final episodes of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

shit, really? i guess its worth tying that one up.

so yeah, 3rd episode into the return of season 4, "The Oath" was among the best of the entire series, i thought. shit was tense! i fucking love the direction theyre taking right now....

you almost forget about the cylons entirely.

shit, really? i guess its worth tying that one up.

so yeah, 3rd episode into the return of season 4, "The Oath" was among the best of the entire series, i thought. shit was tense! i fucking love the direction theyre taking right now....

you almost forget about the cylons entirely.

As to the webisodes: Yes it is, as I have told you over and over again.

The series is getting tense as hell, and I am really wondering just where it is going in these final what, 9 episodes or so?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived