Hondo's Bar

I want to see pan's labryinth!

has anyone seen this yet? I finally waited the whole hour and a half to watch the preview (stupid 56k) and it looks amazing.

It's not playing up here in NH yet though, at least not within a reasonable drive (we don't even have DSL up here...stupid new hampshire boonies).

it just looks so beutiful, and dark, and imaginitive. I can't wait until it's released everywhere.

Cartel.jpg

I just got back from seeing this. It was amazing. I want to go see it again. I really don't even want to review it because I don't think i can do the movie justice. just go see it as soon as you can. also, if anyone is thinking of bringing young children to see this, it might be too intense for them (both during the reality and fantasy portions of the movie...some of my friends had difficulty watching certain scenes).

i know, but them's the breaks, kiddo. at least theyre built-in, but yeah, i prefer the older ones.

so...you wanna go this week then? we could plan it out, have el jax over for some wii-time, and then go catch this if youre down, miss brown.

Umm this was [retty damned god, sorry, I'md ruink and posting as dinghy. I saw this abit ago, when the semester ended, maybe 3 weeks ago. good shit. Noty as goodn as devil's backbone IMO, but better than Cronos, which if you haven't seen, you need to see before watchign blade 2 or whatever the fuck. (seriously, watch Cronos) Pan's Labyrinth was damned god, as far as i'm concerned not because of teh fantasy elements, which were pretty standard; nothign you've never seen before, but because of the wartime drama. I really wish del toro would srop makign mediocre comic book adaptations (Blade 2, hellboy) and make stuff like this.

And as far as mexicans go, this year, Guillermo del toro, alexandro gonzalez inarritu, and alfonso cuaron are kicking gringo honky white boy ass. Maybe we shoudl pay attention to what comes out of this country.

same here. Our theatere sucks too, so all the dark parts will be all but black. Pisses me off I have to go an hour out of my way just to go to a decent theatere.

i heard about the Backbone being like a prequel of some sort to this movie, my husband looked for it at blockbuster yesterday but couldn't find it.

LL - whered you see it, is it limited release? were lookin at tuesday now i think. Mondays the holiday, i know...fuck it, ill call you later.

man, dinghy sure got surly. Ive never seen devil's backbone or chronos, might have to check them out.

this is actually dinghy now.

Devil's back bone was like one of my favorite movies when it came out.

Pan's Labyrinthe was really good I thought. I loved the fact that it took place in spain. When I firt saw it I loved it. I guess I'm a sucker for even "pretty standard" fantasy stuff with little girls as the heroines. But Honestly, as time wore on after the movie it didn't really resonate with me or have any "staying power" is what I call it, except when considering the context of the movie.

I Do think it was shot beautifully and the art direction was really good -- there IS one scene that's burned into my brain. But overall, it's Ahhite.

• 1 month later...

I hired this on DVD over the weekend.

Must admit i've always been impressed by Guillermo Del Toro's work, i loved what he did with Blade in Blade 2

The story was good, and the artistic direction was fantastic.

I'd highly recommend this to anyone.

There were a few scenes which stood out.

The banquet scene is great... the thing with the eyes in its hands, how freaky looking was that!

Archived