Hondo's Bar

Salads. Healthiest greens for you!

Senshik

I love salads especially for lunch and sometimes dinner.

This thread is a bit of a bite off from Nanno's thread, save mine is about salads. I know us girls always trying to find the healthiest way of eating tend to go for salads. So I thought why not share some of ideas for salads!

Well I got this idea from a salad I once ate at a resturant, but I changed it a bit to fit my perferred tastes... so I call my salad... well actually I don't have a name for it. I just make it and eat it. It's delicious.

Ingrediants,

• Spring Mix Salad (comes with green romaine, red romaine, tango, lollo rossa, green oak, red oak, mizuna, arugula, frillice, red chard, radicchio, frisee, curly endive, and spinach)
  • 1/2 cup of yellow corn
  • Mozzarella cheese (I get cheese sticks and slice it - erm.. not the fried stuff, it's the string cheese.)
  • Can of TUNA
  • Salad dressing (I use Newmans' Own Olive Oil & Vinegar)

YUMMMMY and it fills me up everytime.

SHARE YOUR SALADS!

This is a good one Sens

Well i usually make up my own coz i don't like buying premade up ones.

I line the bowl with lettuce leaves, depends on what you like

- chop up some cucumber

- add some cherry tomatoes

- some chopped red onion

- gotta have pickled onions

- hard boiled egg, into quarters

- cheddar cheese cubes

- sprinkle of pine nuts

You can add dressing too if you like

you irish and yer potatoes!

seriously, I know it's such a cliche thing, but how often do you guys use potatoes in your dish...? I mean, man after the fammine, I would figure you might be wary of potatoes or something... well maybe your great grandparents ...

Guess it like us hispanics, we eat rice & beans with everything. It's not considered a real meal unless you have those two ingrediates somewheres... (I'm speaking Nicaraguan peeps... and most hispanics... but i'm sure theere's a couple nations out there that don't eat it as much..)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I love salad! My ideal salad would be romaine, corn, pico de gallo, black beans, Jack and cheddar cheese, tortilla strips (way unhealthy, I know), tons of cilantro, and some kind of slasa ranch, or jalapeño buttermilk ranch. Yum!

I also like ceasar without the ceasar dressing. Maybe with a tomato basil vinegarette or Parmesan ranch.

Or a chicken salad with tomatoes, cheese, blackened chicken, and honey mustard. Oh and grilled onion.

Damn I'm getting hungry.

Archived