Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Rock Band

The NZA

Rock Band  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rock_band_cover.jpg

We've got till November 20th to sort this out, at least here in the states. Mind you, the last 2 options arent as relevant: PS2's laregly offline, and Wii hasnt even officially been announced, plus their online's weak. PS3 and 360 should both see DLC, last ive heard; only difference so far is the 360 wont get the wireless guitar in the bundle, but you can buy it seperately for $20 more if you like. Shouldnt be too big a deal, really...pretend its plugged into an amp or some shit.

Point is, this thread shows a lotta interest in the title. Which raises 2 points:

1) Miami locals - let's face it, if this goes down like it's looking to, this could very well be the big party/meetup title for a long time to come. At $200 for the bundle, or more if we just piecemeal the tools together, we should consider all chipping in, or sorting something out so we dont all buy the whole freakin' set if we can avoid it, yeah?

2) Non-locals: we want to play online with you guys. I dont know how exatly this works, but we coudl do online get-togethers and shit with this and have some fun, too. Just need to sort out a medium: i know more of you have 360's right now, and ill likely have one around the time of this game's release, just wanna see how many are interested and actually looking to join in from time to time, that's gonna affect my decision to buy in or not too, personally.

Again, still curious how the multiplayer works: is there any chance we can have 3 locals play at like my place, and a 4th join in online? That'd be so awesome if we could, but still a lotta fun if everybody's at their place too, i figure. What's your call?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Oz is said to have it "first quarter 2008" so hopefully not too much later on. Any plans of coming to the dark side, or are you riding MS's dick sticking with 360 alone into 2008? Surely, arnah's got relatives with deep wedding-gift pockets.

good to see you, by the way, man.

Oh, my allegiance can be traded and bartered like 60G harddrives & Blu-ray. This week I find out if the last three months hoop-jumping nets me a 8k payrise and promotion wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith :dugadugadugaduga: internet access at work again(a national account manager needs this y'see). With that, the last of the weeding can be payed off and Alana's pathological need to save can be put in a hessian sack and beaten like a naughty child. Preferably with wireles PS3 controls.

to once again quote the mecca of of gaming: 'Sometime next year?'

I hope that helps.

Nick- Hopefully soon. I get to refurbish the fortress of attitude next weekend for the first time since March, and if I get the thumbs-up not only do I anticipate the possibilty of spending at least parts of days goofing off here again, but maybe a newer better 'puter and home.

Nick, the online will feature both head-to-head and co-op play that can have multiple configurations (4 people in 4 different places, 3 difference places, 2 different places, and of course, all in the same place). Unlike Guitar Hero, instead of choosing a character, you design your character Sims style. You can also form an online band with a name and you can have a band logo which would appear on the bass drum and can be tattooed on characters. Obviously, Hondo's Bar is ripe in inside jokes ready to take form in band names and logos. Also, groups can use pick songs and jam, or go through the game together in a kind of story mode.

PS Nick, the fact that you already have a game system that would be online for Rock Band is like the #2 or #3 reason I'm seeking you out as a roommate.

The Wii sucks cock when it comes to online play. Plus you got the fucking friends code bullshit thing.

360 also sucks cock. I'm not even going to renew my account any time soon.

I'm getting this on the PS3. No friends code or having to pay to play.

Jax - those options/configurations might make the whole thing a sell for me if im hired in time, that's fucking awesome.

also, i gotta respect a man that pushes for a roomate who's already comitted in one direction, largely on the basis of having a system that would cost you less than a day's pay. Methinks Vagrant had more of an affect than you think. :jew: << needs to be an emoticon.

Newt - Really? youre the first to compain about XBL ive heard. i know its pay, but most seem happy with the network. no good?

i really want it for PS3, but im only leaning towards 360 to make sure MH, Skeet & DoJ can be on board. But then, there's SOF too...argggh.

Yeah, damn achievement whores. I cant say that too loud, for fear ill join them one day. :2T:

but nah, al, not everyone wins! that's the pont of the thread: first, i wanna see which hondonians are actually planning on getting this. if enough are getting it that arent locals, then that'll be a factor in me deciding.

ideally, i want us all on a system where other hondonians can join in and play with us from their homes if we have a party going here, just to keep that option open if schedules match up.

meaning, yeah, ill tend to grab it for PS3 as well, but if ray-ray, DoJ, Skeet, etc others are getting it & wanna play along, ill consider the 360 version. people can get whichever they like, sure, but i wanna at least have the option to have the other hondonians join in on our parties & such.

Shit, i should call Bishop & gunsmithx about this.

Yeah, damn achievement whores. I cant say that too loud, for fear ill join them one day. :ifyouknowwhatimean:

but nah, al, not everyone wins! that's the pont of the thread: first, i wanna see which hondonians are actually planning on getting this. if enough are getting it that arent locals, then that'll be a factor in me deciding.

ideally, i want us all on a system where other hondonians can join in and play with us from their homes if we have a party going here, just to keep that option open if schedules match up.

meaning, yeah, ill tend to grab it for PS3 as well, but if ray-ray, DoJ, Skeet, etc others are getting it & wanna play along, ill consider the 360 version. people can get whichever they like, sure, but i wanna at least have the option to have the other hondonians join in on our parties & such.

Shit, i should call Bishop & gunsmithx about this.

Good point.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so since gunsmithx went with PS3, and im thinking newt might as well, im almost tempted to opt for 360, just to keep others in the loop for get-togethers and online play, but i gotta know:

SOF, DoJ, Skeeter, MH, Ly, etc, who here's realistically planning on getting this one, and wants to jam with us? i gotta make sure its worth it...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm all a-biz-out the RB baby. I'll be a little behind in terms of simple release, but even then I may just pony out the extra and just find a way to import it.

Question:

Can you play imported games on your 360?

Cause if not your wasting good money.

Archived