Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Rock Band

The NZA

Rock Band  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told way back when by Bish & Panch that 360 material is region-free. Awwww...

Anybody know if the 360 is region free.

It's not. I can't play Yank DVDs on it(it's only drawback), but soon as I find a good chipper I'm sort that issue out so's I can watch Oz.

Yes and no, it isn't mandatory, so some games are and some games aren't. I know some people import games from the general Asia region and get them for cheaper.

So you may or may not be able to do it.

Dear Skeeter

Stop leaving us. I cry myself to sleep every night when your not here.

Newtype

• 2 weeks later...
So I took the plunge and got a 360. I really want to play rock band with online play and DLC and it looks like it won't be coming to the Wii, at least not for half a year after the initial November launch. I got it now so I can get GH3 for the 360 as well.

sweet! I can't wait to rock it with you!

Piss. man, i hope you get a working one, seriously. i dont want to alarm you, but there's talk of 40% failure rate. what kind, core or premium? Still, be good to have you online, mebbe we could play Uno or some of that casual shit you dig sometime.

Piss. man, i hope you get a working one, seriously. i dont want to alarm you, but there's talk of 40% failure rate. what kind, core or premium? Still, be good to have you online, mebbe we could play Uno or some of that casual shit you dig sometime.

Got a refurbished Premium (need space for DLC) and comes with a 30-day guarantee from a Power Seller who personnally tested the system and has a 99.9% rating who in the last year has got over 1000 positive feedbacks with 0 neutral and 0 negative. I usually am picky with whom I buy from on Ebay for used electronic hardware.

Yes!!! The people demand to see SuperJax2099!!

Actually, I was hoping for xjax2099 or xjax360 or xjax42 or in the unlikely event that its untaken, xjax.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I'm on the free Silver membership at xjax2099. I will upgrade it in the next few weeks, but I'm unclear on one thing. Is there just just Silver and Gold or is there another level. If so what's the difference. Also, is purchasable DLC available on Silver? I figure they'd want the customers.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting Rock Band the day it drops (Nov 20), but I fly home for Thanksgiving the next day. Not sure I want to bring my 360. If I do, I'm not sure if I'm bringing the drum set. The guitar that came with GH3 collapses, so that'll be convenient. But regardless, if I do take my drum set, I'm not going online over my trip. The internet situation at my mom's is to complicated.

So after coming back, Nov 26, I hope to start some Hondo's Bands. If I remember correctly, characters you create can be the band leader of up to ten bands and members of up to one hundred bands. Leaders have final say in kicking people out and replacing them. Other people can fill in temporarily if one member cannot play at show time. Again, I think.

If you've still not hear about the details of the World Tour mode, this YouTube video gets the details across as well as any other:

So, whose planning on getting Rock Band for the 360 by the end of November? If we have more than 4, we can have more than one band with the folks that have more free time (read: no job) in multiple bands. So, if you are interested in 360 bands, answer the following questions:

1) When are you planning on having Rock Band (Nov 20, X-mas, etc) online and ready to play?

2) What times are you generally available to play (Look at this World Clock to compare time zones)?

3) What instruments are you interested in?

4) Any band name ideas?

For me:

1) Nov 26th

2) After 8:30pm Miami time, 1:30PM London time, most any day, some mornings and afternoons.

3) Prefer drumming, anything but singing.

4) The Hondo's Bar Slags.

1. Will have game Nov. 20th, will hopefully be upgraded to Xbox live Gold around the 1st of December.

2. After about 7pm-12am DFW time, 8pm-1am Miami time, 1pm-6pm London time most weekdays. Most weekends free as well.

3. Prefer guitar, but will do anything (sing on some songs).

4. Nope...

1) Hopefully Decemberish... but definitely after Christmas.

2) Depending on my schedule for work, usually anything before 11:30am or after 9pm until midnight-ish DFW time (anything before 12:30 or after 10pm until 1am-ish Miami time; anything before 5:30pm or after 3am until 6am-ish England/Ireland time.) Also, My days off from now should be Thursdays and Fridays, so I'll be free all day on those days as well :ohface:

3) Prefer singing, but I'm down for guitars, too. (and I won't hog all the vocals. I'm totes down for sharing!) Stilly can hopefully vouch for my voice :D

4) Jaxsus! bwahaha. Or whatevs. I'm open to anything.

Correction to my previous post, I will have Gold here in a few minutes (found another 1 month free trial thing), and I'll extend it after the first of the month.

...and I can totally vouch for MH's voice...hopefully she can vouch for mine too, haha :ohface:

Correction to my previous post, I will have Gold here in a few minutes (found another 1 month free trial thing), and I'll extend it after the first of the month.

...and I can totally vouch for MH's voice...hopefully she can vouch for mine too, haha :ohface:

oh hell yeah. Smooth as silk!

jax - wanted to tell you this before you signed up, but...i found out the deal with most freebies. for instance, on ebay, you can find 12 month Xbox live cards for dirt cheap if youre setting up a new account; pre-existing ones, its considered a renewal, and that's about $50/year by credit card, though i found a 12-month card for $40 with 200 points (to use buying arcade games, natch), so ill be online playing games in december. That's what gold is for; basically playing games, as silver membership (free one) seems to mean you can chat, download demos/content you paid for and such, just not play games with your friends.

anyway, pre-ordered Rock Band special edition for 360 yesterday on amazon; free shipping and no tax won me over, even if it means i prolly wont get it till mid-december or so. i figure jax'll have it before then if we have any get-togethers, which im debating as a holiday/graduation thing, could be fun but way more so sometime next year when more of you overseas/distant hondonians can play with us.

Nice.

I ordered the entire lot, but im looking forward to drums and vocals, depending on the song. bass might be fun to try, too.

No ideas offhand, the Hot Costners? im sure we got a slew of names to be found. Personally, im down for the Soft Crisps 2.0.

Nice.

I ordered the entire lot, but im looking forward to drums and vocals, depending on the song. bass might be fun to try, too.

No ideas offhand, the Hot Costners? im sure we got a slew of names to be found. Personally, im down for the Soft Crisps 2.0.

While Jax's mockup is quite nice, I love The Hot Costners. I would sexy our way to the top! and with the Soft Crisps empire behind us on Soft Crisps 2.0, we can rule the world. ZE WORLD.

Bass is the shizzle fo rizzle.

I have secured a guaranteed copy of Rock Band for purchase tomorrow morning. So...

Tomorrow, Tuesday November 20th, Rock Band Open House Party, 3pm - ?

Call me @ (305) 336-0790 for directions. Open to everyone, including lepers, social deviants and Republicans. Irish named Ross need not apply.

Archived