Hondo's Bar

Futurama: Bender's Big Score

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!

Futurama's first straight to DVD movie comes out in just two weeks!!

This was one of my favorite shows, and I was thrilled to hear it was coming back, both in straight to dvd releases and new network episodes. I hadn't heard anything about the status of the show or the movies in a while, so I ran a search to find out what was up.

To my pleasant surprise, the first movie is being released on dvd Nov. 27th.

Apparently, the trailer has been out for a month or so and slipped under my radar. Just wanted to share with any futurama fans on the boards.

I'm sure the future of the show rests on how this release is recieved, so everyone needs to do their part!! I intend to pick up three!

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!

Man, you're supposed to follow that line with news that is not at all good. Like "Good news everyone, you have to make a delivery to the Forbidden Zone in the Galaxy of Terror!"

This is the first of like 3 straight to DVD movies. I'm so psyched. I'm crossing my claws for lots of Zoidberg.

I'm still scarred by the piece of shit which was the Family Guy "movie".
Thank god, a kindred spirit. Actually, I have a general disdain for all things Seth Macfarlane (and yes, I realise this won't be a popular opinion on a board of nerds).

But hurrah for the return of Futurama!

Futuramas hilarious because its genuinely witty.
Precisely.

Well Family Guy is kinda going downhill. They're relying on the swearing too much for laughs now.
And pointless, unfunny flashbacks, and lame pop culture references, all washed down with a tall glass of pretension and mean-spiritedness (and not the funny, Louis C.K. kind of mean-spiritedness).

I'm not saying it doesn't have its moments. I'm just saying that the misses outnumber the hits by a good 10 to 1.

• 3 months later...

Archived