Hondo's Bar

Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer

The NZA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like to know how I'm unable to play a offline single player game with the PSN network down?

Argh no kidding. tried heavy rain then dragon age..... mother fucker wont even let me bowl. i could care less bout my trophies right now >(

really weird shit...id not've known at all about this were it not for newt. here's what GAF has so far:

Originally Posted by chubigans: Everyone READ THIS PLEASE.

Here's what's going on right now: something with the PS3's internal clock has borked in some pre-slim models. This is not a PSN issue; it has to do with your PS3's clock. This clock is NOT related to the OS clock. It seems to be a leap year bug. Setting your clock ahead will do nothing. All PS3s around the world were affected at the exact same time.

Does this affect me?

-If you have a Slim PS3, you're good to go. Continue playing it as normal.

-If you have a "fat" PS3, you may be affected. Some fat PS3s have worked ok, but it seems a good majority have been bugged.

What does this bug mean?

-If affected, your date and time has been set to a random past date. This prevents you from signing into PSN, playing any PSN games, or using any DLC. Your trophies will also not display correctly or be able to sync.

How do I fix it?

-You can't. Even if you don't sign into PSN, it won't help. This is a hardware issue.

So, what do I do?

-Wait 24 hours. Other products that have had similar bugs have corrected themselves after the "bugged" day. On Monday around 6pm central time, all PS3s will automatically correct themselves...maybe.

-If that doesn't work, we'll need a firmware update from Sony, which should be a pretty important priority for them right now.

Did I lose my data/themes/etc?

Your save data/games/dlc/themes are fine. They'll be fixed when the PS3 is fixed. Trophies are uncertain right now, but they'll be fine if you've synced them before the PS3 was bugged. Unsynced trophies are an unknown right now.

If I have a bugged PS3, can I still use it?

It's probably not a good idea, as I have no idea what will happen to the trophies you earn during the bugged time. Movies/media will work fine.

So there ya go, my handy FAQ.

Possible explanation:

Originally Posted by iammeiam: The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and shit explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.)

so uh...hopefully this'll sort itself out soon? im completely lost why you cant just play whatever the fuck offline though. its like, i wanna say these hiccups are from this gen going online & such and itll only get smoother, but then you think about how much more complicated games/systems can get, and...well, let's hope for the best.

ps rumors are this happened because some guy, somewhere, beat 2 bosses in Demon's Souls without dying in between. this is like dividing by zero.

15qp8y9.gif

cv0089.jpg

Shit man. I just watched Event Horizon for the first time..... my mind wasnt blown enough and Y2K happens 10 years too late. And it feels like I just got my ps3 back after the yellow light escapade

PicardWTF.jpg

like ya said though, just hope for the best :p

but yea Heavy Rain is pretty sweet lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
man, i loved where the story was going...but yeah, it had plotholes you could walk through by its end.

what ending did you get?

The good ending.

I love how none of the clues hinted on who the real killer was.

congrats! sen...did not, the first time.

yeah, they didnt, but they couldnt really, you know? itdve spoiled it...gotta talk to you about it, bish & i were talking about how they went about it. only scene i had trouble with was the one with the clockmaker shop, that felt...cheap in the ending reveal.

well, it kinda had to to not ruin it, right? i mean, i was heartbroken cause i loved that character, but...bit've a stretch, still. i bought it, but scenes like that one in the repair shop did feel a bit cheap.

bish pointed out a few bigger plotholes, like...when Ethan blacks out, why were there origami figures about...?

oh yeah! that was some bullshit.

i couldnt sort how i had madison never having met hayden but thought to call him when she got out of that trapped apt. worse yet, hayden left his office thinking that asshole cop was the killer, but still somehow ended up going to the right place, i think he said "oh he owns this warehouse!" with ARI but how the fuck? yeah, moments like that.

i do try to focus on awesome parts like shooting dealers and cutting fingers and such, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hahaha, i know im way late but what a mean song. that said, have you guys seen the game after the last patch?! the graphics are amazing!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwq91vKLXg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwq91vKLXg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwq91vKLXg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

totally not heavy rain

anyway, i just remembered i still gotta play the prologue, gonna jump on that tomorrow.

Archived