Hondo's Bar

Big Daddy vs. Pyramid Head

Iambaytor

Bioshock's Big Daddy vs. Silent Hill 2's Pyramid Head  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes technically one of them is a figment of James Sunderland's mind and doesn't exist but the other lives in a beautiful underwater city filled with magic spewing ADAM zombies and steam powered gun turrets that are somehow able to differentiate between friend and foe. So let's suspend our fucking disbelief, shall we?

And you Nick, how far have you made it through Silent Hill 1? Huh? Didn't think so.

Yeah I voted Big Daddy because I think that drill could just plain fuck up Pyramid Head's Buster sword, not to mention if it's one with a gun. I mean a regular guy with no special powers and a few rudimentary weapons killed a Pyramid Head, it takes massive firepower and several plasmids to take out a Big Daddy.

Plus you know it would be pissed off because Big Daddy's very fiercely protect the Little Sisters and Pyramid Heads are Mister Rape-y. No matter the outcome though, it would be kickass.

And you Nick, how far have you made it through Silent Hill 1? Huh? Didn't think so.

wait, i didnt? i had to go back and read what the other endings were (and to piece them together), as i didnt get every ending like i did from part 2 on, but it still counts.

I blame this and the say something nasty thread for not seeing Doj's thread before now. My money's on Pyramid head since he doesn't look like the sorta guy you could kill with a souped-up wrench if it came down to it. That sword'd just cleave a big daddy clean in half.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously I'm the only one who thinks Big Daddy? Pyramid Head moves incredibly slow plus he's beaten by some weak guy with multiple personality disorder, Big Daddy regularly kicks the ass of a guy who can shoot bees out of his fucking wrist!

very true, but it might have to with their KO record and use.

yes, you gotta fucking unload to handle big daddies, especially bouncers in hard mode. but inevitably, by the game's end, you've done so about a dozen times.

SH2 on the other hand - and i cant say too much as youve yet to fucking play it - is played out like a symbol of fear; he's slow, but inevitable, like an unnatural force or something. when you see him most times in the game, you're fleeing. i think he just instills more fear with the way he's used.

you keep rubbing in that i never got to play that one.

anyway, i think its a combination of film exposure and fear factor that's got pyramid on top (heh), though i honeslty havent voted yet. its a really tough choice.

you keep rubbing in that i never got to play that one.

anyway, i think its a combination of film exposure and fear factor that's got pyramid on top (heh), though i honeslty havent voted yet. its a really tough choice.

I also keep mentioning how if somebody wants an SNES emulator and a ROM of that I will gladly hook them up. And I'm not asking ambience, I'm asking which one is gonna kick the other's ass.

no emu's (wait, which one do you use, anyway?) yet, im planning on buying/putting together an emu box for the living room sometime this year, then ill go nuts and take you up on your offer.

theyre horror characters, ambiance is everything!

no emu's (wait, which one do you use, anyway?) yet, im planning on buying/putting together an emu box for the living room sometime this year, then ill go nuts and take you up on your offer.

theyre horror characters, ambiance is everything!

ZSNES, most common super nintendo emulator you can find on the web.

And ambience is important, but I refer you back to Bobby Barrows

Bobby3.PNG

He's scary as hell, but still being overpowered by a 15-year-old girl.

but...but your wiki says he was 9! surely, big daddy got picked on by his 6-years-older brother once in a while.

Yeah but when his debut appearance in the game involves him plummeting 2 stories through a stain-glass window with his gardening shears planted in another teenage girl's midsection, then standing up dusting himself off and chasing after you in his deformed troll way, and when he can bust through a solid wooden door with his amazing retard strength then that goes right out the window. Plus his brother is a gigantic purple baby covered in cysts.

Archived