Hondo's Bar

50 Cent's Blood on the Sand

Da Cap'n

i'm personally excited.

see, without the Bulletproofs, Okamis dont shine as bright. its the All-Star Batman to the uh, All-Star Superman. or Batman & Robin to this summer's Batman. Or being homeless you know. living in a mansion of gold and owning a rocket car. i think ive made my point here.

• 2 weeks later...
comparing 50 to wu?

:ded: to me.

Dude have did you get amnesia and forget what a buncha sellouts they've become?! Do you remember the show "Method and Red"?

And Okami shines well enough because Capcom's name's on it and it outdoes everything they did. I mean Okami was so good that Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess decided to rip it off.

Dude have did you get amnesia and forget what a buncha sellouts they've become?! Do you remember the show "Method and Red"?

yup, i remember it, sure didnt turn out the way they'd wanted but youre still pointing to 1 member of the Wu's solo efforts and trying to equate them to 50, somehow.

man, there's a lotta deaths in this thread!

And Okami shines well enough because Capcom's name's on it and it outdoes everything they did. I mean Okami was so good that Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess decided to rip it off.

go on, keep denying Clover studios the credit they deserve! between that and godhand, they were too good for most gamers. *sobs*

man, there's a lotta deaths in this thread!

go on, keep denying Clover studios the credit they deserve! between that and godhand, they were too good for most gamers. *sobs*

I fucking loved Okami, I did not play Godhand or even know they made it. I did however play the Viewtiful Joe games and found them extremely mediocre. I mourn their passing, but let's face it, they're no Looking Glass Studios.

I fucking loved Okami, I did not play Godhand or even know they made it. I did however play the Viewtiful Joe games and found them extremely mediocre. I mourn their passing, but let's face it, they're no Looking Glass Studios.

i was gonna say "the Thief people?" but i think they did System Shock, as well.

Viewtiful Joe was fun, but as one of the 3 games i know them for, im just saying they had potential to be big, even in niche big (like Ueda's Ico studios and the like). On a side note, if you ever see Godhand in your Gamestop raids, its worth it.

i was gonna say "the Thief people?" but i think they did System Shock, as well.

Viewtiful Joe was fun, but as one of the 3 games i know them for, im just saying they had potential to be big, even in niche big (like Ueda's Ico studios and the like). On a side note, if you ever see Godhand in your Gamestop raids, its worth it.

Yes System Shock and System Shock 2, and though it wasn't the same studio the same people were responsible for Bioshock.

Oh I don't deny their potential, Okami was a thing of greatness. What is Godhand, sell it to me. Echo Night is on my Gamestop raid list, but I could add it to my list. Shame I'll never be able to afford Marvel vs. Capcom 2, maybe one day I will but shit it's like $70 now.

The fact that this piece of shit is getting a sequel while better games that do deserve a sequel will never get one.

Anyone who buys this game should burn in hell.

But in this one, you're fighting Al-Qaeda, oddly enough previews aren't looking totally awful on this one, not that it is in any way on my wish list. As far as people buying it, well, Fiddy and co knew howto market this piece of shit, it was plastered all over Gamestops and TV, it was sold very well Many of the games that didn't sell, but deserved to, (Beyond Good and Evil, Blue Dragon, Okami) were marketed horribly, no one knew these games existed. THAT was the problem.

• 1 year later...

so yeah, this was great. i ended up enjoying it more than Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, how crazy is that?

its a lengthy campaign, an over-the-top game that knowingly flirts with blaxploitation and a plot so predictable, anyone not in G-Unit will betray you, and soon. it has fun with this at times, in between the "G-UNIT MOTHAFUCKHA, WHAT'S GOOD!?" taunts (which get repetitive if you dont buy more, but theyre a blast and actually add points, you get gems like

"that building's prolly been up there for hundreds of years, what you know about that son?"

"It's vaguely neopolitan in architectural style."

"Haha, yeah nigga...what?"

it uses the Gears cover system fairly well, even hard mode's not that hard when you get used to it. Much like me, 50's weakness is clearly snipers, and if the game has one major complaint, its AI - Bulletproof's was clearly broken, but here, i ran with Banks (who the fuck picks "DJ" Whoo Kid?!), and sometimes dude would hit people - or at least seem to cover you - and plenty of others, he'd rush up, start shit, and hide behind the one viable piece of cover. and sit there. fuck, this would piss me off! you cant share cover, so that left me with nothing. granted, i made it harder by not buying better weapons till i got the "millionaire" achievement, after which the game got more enjoyable - seriously, act 7 or so, the difficulty jumps the fuck up, with shooters from every angle and no clear cover. The levels arent really that long, they just pin you down a lot, but it feels like a puzzle - grenade here, 2, 3, 4, rush over here with the shotty, etc. Again, even enemy AI can have the occasional glitch, but nothing gamebreaking.

Minor complaints include the soundtrack - its all 50's shit, which is fun in the background but youve gotta open more tracks quick or it gets repetitive. shit fits the game's tempo fairly well, and some decent choices, few absenses though - i guess "out of control" cant be here without Mobb Deep, but where's "Many men (wish death on me)"? that woudlve really fit. anyway, few clubbangers but mostly his murder murder murder, kill kill kill shit which again fits the game's style.

Anyone who buys this game should burn in hell.

haha, im burning then, cause i just saw it for $15 new on half.com and im grabbing this shit, co-op should be fun and honestly, i know there's not a lotta love for hip-hop in the gaming community but this game was, again, surprisingly enjoyable.

Archived