Hondo's Bar

Worst comic fights ever

The NZA

this thread is great.

calendarman.jpg

Calendar Man might not've been ready for Bats, to be fair.

magneto.jpg

Don't worry, the X-Men haven't suddenly become a Japanese tentacle fetish comic (though that'd be far from the worst thing they've ever done), it's just Wolverine losing a fight. Boy, who could have seen the outcome of this one coming? A man with a metal skeleton attacks someone who can exert absolute power over metal?

In fact, in the entire run up to this situation, nobody realized this might be an issue. Magneto didn't just appear in the X-Man mansion one day and start menacing people with the silverware, he's been their primary villain for decades, and not once did somebody turn to Logan and go "You know, the way he could turn you inside out with his mind might give him an unfair advantage. You might want to stay the fuck away from that guy."

you gotta follow the link for other greats like Starfox vs Hulk, and Dazzler vs Dr. Doom.

well that is pretty bad, but the modern calendar man isnt as bad. he was potrayed pretty good in the jeph loeb, tim sale run of batman haunted knight.

230px-Calendarman.jpg

however, another of the hero villain fights they mentioned was flash and boomerang. never understood that rivalry. you have the flash who is the fastest man alive, and you have the boomerang who is basically the bullseye version of DC. even with boomerangs accuracy how can you catch a man who can run circles around you hundreds of times before you even think about lifting your arm to attack.

that mustve happened in Amazing Spidey, cause im not reading that book till it gets sorted.

my personal favorite that comes to mind was the DC vs Marvel thing of the 90's; after that, they tried "Access", a shitty character they agreed to share before both forgot about him. Anyway, this one issue, Superman is getting his ass whupped by Venom, and spidey saves the day by letting him know his weaknesses - you know, supersonic sound (supes just needs to clap) or heat (eye beams).

I used to think the citizens of Metropolis were stone cold stupid for not knowing clark's secret, but its clearly something in the fucking water, cause honestly, if a huge black oozing alien thing is trying to eat your brains, why not try one of these things? I mean, how many things can say heat vision isnt one of their weknesses? that's like when Xavier's protocols said :excellent: was "highly vulnerable against a small, tactical nuclear assualt". Jesus christ; who isnt?!

that's like when Xavier's protocols said :wolvy: was "highly vulnerable against a small, tactical nuclear assualt". Jesus christ; who isnt?!

Me. Those won't affect me at all. So if you or anyone you know has the means and motive to use one against me? Don't. It'd be a complete waste of time and resources.

Me. Those won't affect me at all. So if you or anyone you know has the means and motive to use one against me? Don't. It'd be a complete waste of time and resources.

Even if it doesn't hit you, it'll hit your loved ones and those others in close proximity. The emotional toll would be pretty awesome!

For your enemies.

that mustve happened in Amazing Spidey, cause im not reading that book till it gets sorted.

my personal favorite that comes to mind was the DC vs Marvel thing of the 90's; after that, they tried "Access", a shitty character they agreed to share before both forgot about him. Anyway, this one issue, Superman is getting his ass whupped by Venom, and spidey saves the day by letting him know his weaknesses - you know, supersonic sound (supes just needs to clap) or heat (eye beams).

I used to think the citizens of Metropolis were stone cold stupid for not knowing clark's secret, but its clearly something in the fucking water, cause honestly, if a huge black oozing alien thing is trying to eat your brains, why not try one of these things? I mean, how many things can say heat vision isnt one of their weknesses? that's like when Xavier's protocols said :wolvy: was "highly vulnerable against a small, tactical nuclear assualt". Jesus christ; who isnt?!

I found the fact that Venom could beat Superman at all to be pretty fucked up myself, I mean in the previous series Superman completely trounced the motherfucking Juggernaut and now I'm expected to believe that Venom (much as I love the guy) can kick Superman's ass? Between that and Wonder Woman beating him silly in the animated series I have to wonder, when did Superman become such a pussy?

My personal favorite was about a year back on the Superman/Batman book, Bruce got some big overly exaggerated metal boxing gloves that looked like he'd put tiny Millenium Falcons on his hands and somehow managed to kick Darkseid's ass.

Honorable mention goes to Thanos vs. Ka-Zar (though that issue did rock hard) and Doomsday vs. Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and two other JLA members who are so insignificant that I don't remember them. Doomsday vs. fake silly putty alien Supergirl was pretty horrible as well.

I found the fact that Venom could beat Superman at all to be pretty fucked up myself, I mean in the previous series Superman completely trounced the motherfucking Juggernaut and now I'm expected to believe that Venom (much as I love the guy) can kick Superman's ass? Between that and Wonder Woman beating him silly in the animated series I have to wonder, when did Superman become such a pussy?

exactly, he handled juggs in one punch. im glad i missed WW slapping him up though.

My personal favorite was about a year back on the Superman/Batman book, Bruce got some big overly exaggerated metal boxing gloves that looked like he'd put tiny Millenium Falcons on his hands and somehow managed to kick Darkseid's ass.

that...that had to be Loeb.

Honorable mention goes to Thanos vs. Ka-Zar (though that issue did rock hard) and Doomsday vs. Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and two other JLA members who are so insignificant that I don't remember them. Doomsday vs. fake silly putty alien Supergirl was pretty horrible as well.

ah yes, that was a highlight of the death of Supes, all the extras vs Doomsday, heh. BUt i missed Thanos vs Ka-Zar, that would've been cool.

oh, another fun match:

213545477_4d5de7344b.jpg

i wish i coulda seen how this went down:

181329936_fe67e79ea4.jpg

ah yes, that was a highlight of the death of Supes, all the extras vs Doomsday, heh. BUt i missed Thanos vs Ka-Zar, that would've been cool.

It was in the late 90s when Ka-Zar had his own series for about 20 issues and was actually pretty damn cool, issues 10 and 11 (I only have issues 11-20) basically Thanos showed up in the savage lands so Ka-Zar tried to distract him while SHIELD came into try and help, he ended up dropping him in a fucking volcano but he came out and still kicked his ass, eventually he ended up leading him into the Savage Land's terraformer and having SHIELD blow it up with Thanos still inside.

He also fought the Punisher later on, whilst being blind and deaf (he had guns fired next to his ears on a subway and got maced in the face with a mixture of pepper spray and bleach) the series ended with him getting kicked out of the savage land by pretty much everybody and he left Zabu behind. It was kind of a shitty ending.

• 1 month later...

Archived