Hondo's Bar

Mirror's Edge

Maldron

I respectfully disagree and propose the OPPOSITE. If you loved the demo and played to death like me, then you'll hate the lack of cues when trying to figure out just WHERE THE FUCK you're supposed to go next or even how to get there once you know, all the while having the shit shot out of you by snipers and large groups of gunmen harder to break up than hillbillies in season.

I'll admit, last night's post aside from being incredibly offensive to the gay community at large(apologies), was also slightly melodramatic. See I'd come from the demo where there was only one point where everyone stops and scratches their heads, and there's a relative minimum of being shot at, and while there is a geriatric heckling you through an earpiece about the length of time you're taking, you feel it is at your prerogative to have a wander and swing from things. I assumed this would be the same pacing for the game proper, instead once I finish the tute & demo component, it's GETTHEFUCKONORDIE time. That pissed me off a tad. Time trials are a blast, and having continued the story mode this morning knowing what I was in for, I enjoyed it a lot more, and yeah. COmbat's a snap when you can split a group up.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that speed running through a level helped me respect the main mode more. The impetus in them is speed, finding the fastest way through, and occasionally you'll hit something and say things to yourself like "fuck, how could I have missed that way the first six times through the level?" Hell, I just did a speed run of chapter three, and I learned for the first time that I could hold onto a handgun and still do the parkour! Went through the entire game ((three times, mind you)) thinking I couldn't, and then finding that I CAN opens up a whole lot of new windows for me.

Well... planes of glass. Not technically windows if they're separating the indoors from more indoors.

I found that speed running through a level helped me respect the main mode more. The impetus in them is speed, finding the fastest way through, and occasionally you'll hit something and say things to yourself like "fuck, how could I have missed that way the first six times through the level?" Hell, I just did a speed run of chapter three, and I learned for the first time that I could hold onto a handgun and still do the parkour! Went through the entire game ((three times, mind you)) thinking I couldn't, and then finding that I CAN opens up a whole lot of new windows for me.

Well... planes of glass. Not technically windows if they're separating the indoors from more indoors.

Mind blown.

It's become a nightly ritual(based on two nights) to abuse the developers profusely as I curse the shit out of the developers and speculate as to how much pearl jam they take up their tailpipe on a nightly basis.

I think I lost that sentence...

Anyways, the puzzling stuff is challenging and fun when I'm not being shot at by 6 different guys. When I am, it frustrates me to no end. Almost through though, soon as I knock out the campaign, unless the speed trails suck me in bell-end first, this game's so getting traded back for N4S Undercover.

Im so glad THATS over.

Ive appologised to the neighbours, explained Jays a) not beating me or b) not masturabting and having the most aggresive, angry orgasm known to man.

Now im glad hes clocked it so our neighbours can go back to bitching about our dogs barking.

Never seen Jay so intensely angry. I think hes burst a blood vessel or two in his head.

I offered to finish it for him, and I think he contemplated throwing ther xbox at my head. Only for a second though - so its ok. :drool:

If I get past it I'll text you. I've already proven there's no point posting or even speaking in civilised company when playing Mirror's Edge.

You text me and tell me that you've gotten past it and you think you know where i'm stuck, and leave it at that, expecting me to be happy for you after my 4 hour anger session of trying to find something and failing. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING YOU FUCKING IDIOT, DID YOU THINK I'D BE HAPPY FOR YOU OR ANGRY YOU DIDN'T HELP ME OUT YOU FUCKER!!!!! :drool::party::birf::rant: :rant:

I'm rather stuck on a part. Where you're in the mall and you've 4 guys coming at you from down below. How?

You have 2 options that I know of, the speed one where you run along the wall by the glass, swing to the catwalks ad run like a motherfucker. The timing is pretty fucking tough, but it CAN be done, it just took me 3-4 tries. The easier way is to go back down and take out the cops before you do your leaps, though that means you have a bit of combat ahead of you.

You text me and tell me that you've gotten past it and you think you know where i'm stuck, and leave it at that, expecting me to be happy for you after my 4 hour anger session of trying to find something and failing. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING YOU FUCKING IDIOT, DID YOU THINK I'D BE HAPPY FOR YOU OR ANGRY YOU DIDN'T HELP ME OUT YOU FUCKER!!!!! :drool::party::birf::rant: :rant:

Heh. 7 hours.

Cool, cause I was having a helluva time trynna explain myself coherently(ie you know that bit where you gotta jump up & up & up?).

Yeah this game was harder than it was fun. Can't wait to return it. PS- I'm totally sending an abusive email to the development team with the reciept for a new 360 control attached/scanned.