Hondo's Bar

2008 Beijing Olympics

Aartemys

I've noticed that no one is speaking much about these games on here and I was curious if anyone was watching at all...

I've watched almost every night on competition (having the most basic of cable and no real internets can do that to you). Benny watches it with me and over @ my parents house, DK, Meia and the entire brood have it on nightly...

Is anyone else following it?

What are your favorite events?

Favorite athletes? I will admit that I had no clue who Phelps was until his competitions...

Do you think the Olympics is overrated?

Are the Chinese really biological mutants made by the government and programmed to win?

Discuss.

I never really followed the summer olympics before. I don't know why... I guess I find the winter sports much more entertaining to me, but I've watched quite a few events this year and swimming was prolly my favorite!! I'm the same way with Phelps. I didn't know who he was until three or four days ago and I was gunning for him all the way. Same for Dara Torres.

Wish I coulda seen Bolt win. What's the controversy?

Also... why do the Chinese name their FEMALE kids Wang? I can understand... Wang is a typically male name. And a name for a male part... but a female wang? Even that sentance sounded wrong. And the female Wang I'm talking about looked like a boy (not a dude but a boy) too. Maybe she had the operation but forgot to change the name.

I believe the Chinese are genetically engineering their athletes. Example: Female divers with no curves/breasts so less splash when they hit the water.

Thanks to the beauty of DVRs I record the a lot of it on three different channels.

I'm probably the worst sports spectator on this entire forum, but I've taken advantage of these games to finally learn what a lot of the world's famous competitions are about. I've enjoyed the variety of contests, the surreal ability of the athletes and the history by the commentators. I don't come close to watching all of it but I've enjoyed moments like Bolt's win, Liukin's win, Brazil's loss, syncronized diving, and of course, the biggest show on earth of all times, the opening ceremony. ( definitely getting that on blu ray)

Boycotting the olympics would be silly for me, I fast forward thru commercials anyway lol. My voice is never heard in the open market, nor thru Nielsen. I honestly find a lot of events fascinating. to watch. So much so, I just may see myself watching them again in four years... just maybe hehe .

Ok this is kinda weird seeming I'm Australian and therefore suppose to be into sports and whatever. I really don't care about the olympics. Whoopie! Australia wins another medal for swimming wow thats predictable. we're not thrown into water before we are able to speak or walk. The best training for olympics is to train swimmers in water where they can be eaten by sharks, crocodiles etc... trust me for survival we all know how to swim fast.

I did however watch a couple of races with the running and by god all of them look like they should be competing in the weight lifting tornament. all of the female contenders look like men! LAY OFF THE STEROIDS! YOUR ABS COULD GRATE CHEESE. YOU LOOK STUPID!!

I've seen the Coke ads, how they've supported the Olympics for 80 years, and the Special Olympics since it started. It shows clips of the Special Olympics awarding medals. Do they ever televise the Special Olympics?

Do they ever televise the Special Olympics? If not is it because it would be embarassing or hard not to laugh or poke fun?

...I know I'd pay money to see some retards box.

Fuck you, y'know that? I don't take offence to much, but thats pretty fucked man. When the special olympics were in ireland a few years ago i along with others helped the irish canoe team. Saying shit like that deserves a slap in the head. But hey, you'll probably have a lolcat in response.

I've watched almost every night on competition (having the most basic of cable and no real internets can do that to you). Benny watches it with me and over @ my parents house, DK, Meia and the entire brood have it on nightly...

Is anyone else following it? -no, not really.

What are your favorite events? -Gymnastics and all of these.<---oh!! that's a link (links are sneaky lil bitches in this forum!)

Favorite athletes? -no, I mean I wish I had more time to watch, then I could pick one haha.

Do you think the Olympics is overrated?-absolutley not. However, it is much more commercial than it was when I first started watching it.

Are the Chinese really biological mutants made by the government and programmed to win?-yes. and we sold them the technology to do it with.

I heard on the radio this morning that there's proof that some of the Chinese competitors who had won gold were below the minimum age requirement. They were saying some were 13, 3 years below the requirement of 16. They're investigating it now I think.

Archived