Hondo's Bar

Lethal Weapon 5

Acalis

It's official, there WILL be a Lethal Weapon 5 afterall! Click here to read about it.

Lethal Weapon 5

Sep. 26, 2008

Source: EW

by: James Thoo

It is being reported today that LETHAL WEAPON 5 is a go, so long as Mel Gibson signs on. Gibson of course is currently off shooting EDGE OF DARKNESS. Shane Black, who gave man-birth to the franchise way back when, has penned a lengthy treatment for the movie that involves bringing in a couple of young NYPD cops. There's no word as to whether or not Danny Glover has signed on but I think it's safe to say he has since what the fuck else is he doing.

Right off the bat: I'm only down with this if Shane Black writes and directs. If not, screw it. Also, word to the wise: if you want Gibson to agree you know what you have to do. Just man up and make the villains, ya know, Jewish. A shady cabal of Jewish businessmen. It's nothing if not fresh. Also, I hate the idea of two young NYPD cops. Didn't we learn our lesson with Chris Rock?

For me, the best thing about the Lethal Weapon movies is the chemistry among all the cast members and their weird little family that grows with each film. Not only would Glover and Gibson have to return but so would Renee Russo, Chris Rock, and Joe Pesci before I got really excited about this.

They gotta bring everyone back, hell even Chris Rock! I loved the chemistry between him and Joe Pesci in the last movie. They also have to bring back Murphy (forget his real name), he always cracked me up whenever he said "I don't give a fuck!" lol

Archived