Hondo's Bar

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Newtype

If it wasn't for the money saved and the coupon, i'd be pissed at the amazon preorder bonus. I was promised a video treasure map, what I got was video locations of the first six treasures in the game, and nothing else. 6/100.

Still waiting for them to ship it to me.

This is without doubt one of the best games i've ever owned/played.

The only way i can describe it is its like playing through a movie, though with less cuts scenes than say MGS4. But its the dialogue, the story, and the interraction between the characters.

Yes the cover system can be a bit of a pain to get used to. But the graphics, backgrounds, music are amazing. And this is the first game i've ever seen that has the optoin for LPCM 7.1 Audio.

I've only 5.1 for now, but when i do ! Its gonna sound epic!!!

If you don't have this game, get it! If you don't have a PS3, get one, beg borrow steal, i think Sony have finally found its system seller!

I've been so engrossed in Single Player, that i haven't even started playing multiplayer yet.

im all of 3 stages in, but fuck this game is gorgeous. presentation is top-notch (no more screen tearing, too!) and the gameplay's just awesome. script/nate's narration is just awesome, largely what i came back for but man, the lush level designs keep me hunting for treasures out of the effort put into their detail...kinda wish they gave a quick mock-up history (i love what persona does for its various mythological characters with this, that kinda thing) but no real complaints otherwise. Im hoping the plot holds up cause im really interested so far....more later, but again so far its actually improving on almost every aspect of the first, and i adored that game.

I finished this game a few days ago and man it was a fun fun ride. The animation was top notch, the story was fun, The combat was better then the first game which was a nice improvment. As has been said the evniroment are fantastic and I wish there were even more of them. One thing I love about the story is there really isn't any overall arc the to whole series(other then drake wants to find treasure) and that they meantion shit he's done before the game so maybe one day we'll get a game that deals with his history plus it's easy to do future games storywise because each game is self contained.

Places they could improve would be the hand to hand combat(a little bit deeper would be nice.) I'd also like to have a bit more choice in where the story goes since the whole design is very very linear. Overall a fantastic game and you owe it to yourself to play through it if you own a ps3.

What gets me the most is that, in 2.3 runthroughs of the game, I had exactly two freezes in the same room at the same point, and no unhinged pixels anywhere. There were random occasions where there were flashes of tiny dots of white or squares of red, but they didn't last. And having that be the case, I have to wonder if the reason so many of my other games freeze on me is just shitty programming on the part of the developers.

Since I bought a preowned 40gig PS3 that's now farting(but thankfully under 12 month warranty), I'm looking to just pay the $100 and upgrade to the Uncharted 2 250gig bundle(this was after I established that EB wouldn't just let me swap my 40 for a new 120 for which I paid the same price). Though I doubt I'll get a chance to play this before I leave

Archived