Hondo's Bar

Demon's Souls

Newtype

Heh. That's gold.

Apparently I've missed my chance @ getting DS retail, as the release date came and left me and there's only a few copies scattered across AU. Might need to look on Ebay for a US copy.

Why not just have Joel pick you up a new copy for $30 then have him ship it to you?

• 2 months later...

fuck you guys, that crow was DELICIOUS

right, so....

ok, the Tower Knight (specifically, the way Los had me go about it by swiping at his heels and hoping to not die) was a great 2nd boss, though not nearly as satisfying as taking out that fucking dragon later on with like a thousand arrows.

personal highlights included the Sword of Storms level (oh god i cant hit these guys wait whats that over there OH FUCK YEAH), and the old monk summoning other players to whoop the crap out of me until the 3rd guy bit off more than he could chew.

the settings are just awesome; i loved 3-1 (i think it was?) in the asylum, those cheap tentacle creatures were so freaky to hear coming down the hall, level structure in general was pretty cool/varied and goddamn there's a ton of hidden niches i'd not seen before and no doubt are still missing...i wasn't expecting the Metroidvania angle the game brings, it was quiet welcome indeed - unlike the Dragon God who can eat a basket of dicks.

Valley of Defilement or whatever should be called Valley of CHEAP ASS CAMERA ANGLES, RETARD STRENGTH and PLAGUE PLAGUE PLAGUE but otherwise, not many legit complaints, just the hit detection feeling off sometimes. i'm dying to tie up the game & see how my first playthrough ends, but Los is swearing i should get black tendancy in the other worlds and hunt the remaining 4 black phantoms/some other kind of demons cause i guess he thinks im getting comfy around level 100 or something? really, the only thing my guy's got going for him is a maxed out Kilij (sp?) of quality.

TL;DR - game is actually pretty goddamn awesome, it's just a shame none of you tried to tell me. :???:

Reason for this edit: Pain in the ass to come into this thread due to all the pictures posted below.

Note: No real spoilers below so feel free to check them out.

9Dubm.png

29mverb.jpg

332ulxw.jpg

5GVPX.jpg

1264816209784.pngicu.jpgJKz7i.png834FY.png

T2EWp.png

1280332797876.png

-

1280819579687.png

-

1281880267342.png

1280334049624.jpg

WKpZp.jpg

hEunf.jpg

u8TId.jpg

4ZPPU.jpg

rBajZ.png

O1WjY.png

3Z4RE.jpg

NAYy6.jpg

TJcmt.jpg

QtNOZ.jpg

p3gyg.jpg

QQe13.jpg

ehknr.png

VM9IF.jpg

Vq9CG.jpg

Y9SpN.jpg

HA7Jh.jpg

FTmkH.jpg

p4ZlU.jpg

wHdi1.jpg

1Iv5t.jpg

xacPP.jpg

5kfJM.jpg

NDMcm.jpg

W62JQ.jpg

XE2CW.jpg

Q3j3A.jpg

JeNPG.png

SDfCX.jpg

w7Sv1.jpg

gJzWR.jpg

swB6g.jpg

5lqtk3.jpg

1282089933532.png

25r086g.jpg

1286838296048.jpg

1286838934592.jpg

zyEIN.jpg

Poring__s_Souls_by_Maiden_In_Black.jpg

Demon__s_Souls_by_Seblecaribou.jpg

ddgwg0.jpg

pHUS5.png

...and finally, Los' classic:

jC32B.jpg

Edited by Newtype

How 'bout that Demon's Souls!! Winter Solstice still in full effect. Coming Monday :ohface:

....too bad I lent out my copy :sad:

The brilliant Demon's Souls for the PlayStation 3 will keep its unique online experience intact for at least the next ten months in North America, publisher Atlus said today, extending the life of From Software's deviously hard role-playing game.

Atlus USA has extended Demon's Souls' online service beyond the previously announced March 2011 (potential) cut off date. The publisher promises to support Demon's Souls servers until its second anniversary—October 6, 2011. And there's hope beyond that.

"We will support the online servers for Demon's Souls as long as we possibly can, and we'll be as transparent about the entire process as possible, hence us constantly updating folks as to what to expect," said Atlus PR man Aram Jabbari.

Atlus will also be switching the online servers to a Pure White Tendency mode for the holidays, a change that should extend into the new year. They also remind us, "Hey, Demon's Souls is a Greatest Hits game. How about buying a copy?"

FUCK YES. fucking shame to hear the servers are going offline in march, though... :misty:

was just trying to look this up earlier, Satsuki's weapon is so mine. guess i'll mostly grind & tie up world 3 (...) and start on the valley of defilement (......) and kill time. after that, lotta NPCs are gonna lose their heads - oh Boletaria, Nicholas is your savior no more! :villain:

2nd playthrough = no fucking joke. souls lost so far have to be in the six figures, and let me tell you how much dick the Flamelurker and Dickbag Dragon God can suck.

i see a lotta stone farming in my future. :mumble:

but if i did, we'd never talk

ok, read the whole thing, that's even better considering PS3 sales are doing better, plus $20 on amazon gets you the game + art book & OST! ive been reading a lotta people saying they're hoping for the system for christmas, and this as their first game. Los was commenting about how crazy the servers used to be, but im still seeing white shadows, signs & bloodspots all about. fought off my first invader yesterday, even! followed quickly by my first PSN message of a dude looking to farm stones together, heh.

yeah, i was wanting to try for another plat, but didn't want to have Heavy Rain lose its magic by replaying certain scenes over & over, and the idea of grinding in Katamari makes me kinda sad. I was debating Uncharted 2 but a) im still locked out of part 1, which is tragic, and b) the game's been lent out for like 3 or 4 months now. oh well.

im still really enjoying this one, despite its constant efforts to make sure i don't. i'm past hating the difficulty and now kinda respecting that it amped up so hard on playthrough 2, its like they let me keep my stats but managed to negate all 100+ levels ive earned...i was so sure the game would at least be slightly broken with me having all my str/dex and equipment, but it barely gave a fuck.

i'm exploring more of the levels now (they're deceptively large) and even found new NPCs id not even seen prior. i'm sure it'll feel more like a chore when it comes time for stone farming but for now, yeah, i'm going for it.

respect and adoration from my peers, i can taste it

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWi6t8Psv9w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWi6t8Psv9w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWi6t8Psv9w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...