Hondo's Bar

How have you NOT seen this movie!? v 2.0

Which of these genre classics have you NOT managed to yet see?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

none o' the star trek films for me, save the new one. i saw part of that one with picard and the borg, what i saw wasnt bad.

Ah, Brazil. i had the criterion of that once, re-downloaded it a while back to show my roomates. Been meaning to see Metropolis, and im pretty sure ive had Soilent Green spoiled for me a few dozen times. oh, i never saw Robocop uncut, heard it was crazy.

Its embarrasing the amount of movies I havent seen on that list. I've seen Star Treks 2,3 and 6-11. All the Aliens, all the mad max's, robocop, 2001 (bored the fuck out of me, do not see the big deal there at the risk of sounding ignorant) and a smattering of others. Some of the crucial ones like Metropolis, Blade Runner, Brazil etc I think I may have caught snippets of here and there but never the whole movies.

Escape from New York was the shit too!

How can you have Time Bandits, Brazil and NOT The Adventures of Baron Munchausen? Those three are suppose to be Terry Gilliam's trilogy of life: the end of a child's innocence; the cynicism, paranoia, and disconnect of adulthood; and the flights of fancy of old age. And I regret never having seen 12 monkeys or Fight Club.

2001 (bored the fuck out of me, do not see the big deal there at the risk of sounding ignorant)

The big deal is it was directed by Stanley Kubrick who is the greatest director ever and you're just too stupid to understand it (or at least this was how it was explained to me, along with Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, and Lolita)

No, Kubrick (and his movies) are all over-rated as fuck. Well, except for Dr. Strangelove, that was fucking great.

I still haven't seen Metropolis, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Close Encounters, or Escape from NY.

And whoever that solitary person is that's yet to see Aliens should immediately go to the nearest video rental store--don't even wait to DL ot Netflix that shit--and rent it now all the while hanging their head in shame. Shame, I say!!!

Jax: You've likely seen all but the first one, which is the weakest one in the trilogy, where Max is a cop hunting down biker gangs. I think you'd know Thunderdome cuz a main plot point it in the effin title. Road Warrior has the Lord Humungus character trying to steal this makeshift fortress town's gas supply. It's got the skinny blond chick in the silly white outfit and headband.

. . . City of Lost Children is AMAZING. So for those of you who haven't seen it, must. I demand it.

I concur! I happened upon this film by chance one day at Blockbuster and fell in love. I ordered it from amazon that very night.

How can you have Time Bandits, Brazil and NOT The Adventures of Baron Munchausen? Those three are suppose to be Terry Gilliam's trilogy of life: the end of a child's innocence; the cynicism, paranoia, and disconnect of adulthood; and the flights of fancy of old age. And I regret never having seen 12 monkeys or Fight Club.

Because Munchausen is more obscure and not as critically acclaimed as his other two films. Notice I didn't put the odd numbered Star Trek films either; I did that for basically the same reason--they're not really "required" viewing to maintain geek status.

Jax: You've likely seen all but the first one, which is the weakest one in the trilogy, where Max is a cop hunting down biker gangs. I think you'd know Thunderdome cuz a main plot point it in the effin title. Road Warrior has the Lord Humungus character trying to steal this makeshift fortress town's gas supply. It's got the skinny blond chick in the silly white outfit and headband.

I'm sorry, did I really just read a paragraph where you called one of the finest low-budget revenge films of the late 70s the weak one and the 2 too-80s-for their own good sequels (one of which involved a man with a pink mowhawk in assless chaps as the villain, and the other one which involved a giant retarded manchild with Angelo Rissoti riding on its back and Tina Turner as its villain) the high points?

oh, crap. i dont know that ive seen any of the Mad Maxes, at least that i can remember, now. those bits of plotline kinda blur in my head.

Jumbie too swore by Time Bandits, meant to see that a while back. right now, Metropolis, Day the earth stood still, Soilent Green and City of Lost Children are the most unseen on this poll.

i again offer to burn Brazil for any so inclined, and wish to see one of the finest dystopian films ive seen.

I'm sorry, did I really just read a paragraph where you called one of the finest low-budget revenge films of the late 70s the weak one and the 2 too-80s-for their own good sequels (one of which involved a man with a pink mowhawk in assless chaps as the villain, and the other one which involved a giant retarded manchild with Angelo Rissoti riding on its back and Tina Turner as its villain) the high points?

Seriously, we get it. You've achieved full jabroni status. No need to go proving the point over and over again. :) But on the for real, Master Blaster and Raggedy Man and Tina Turner (hot!) and "Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves!" are what make the film awe...wait for it...some! And the end sequence in Road Warrior is some of the greatest action ever filmed with vehicles. Thank you. 'Nuff said.

The big deal is it was directed by Stanley Kubrick who is the greatest director ever and you're just too stupid to understand it (or at least this was how it was explained to me, along with Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, and Lolita)

No, Kubrick (and his movies) are all over-rated as fuck. Well, except for Dr. Strangelove, that was fucking great.

I enjoyed full metal jacket, clockwork orange and Eyes Wide Shut (even if it was just for in-her-prime Nicole Kidman titties and oh-face). If there is some holy talisman of motion picture making that he discovered on fucking Mars or something then fair play to him but his so-called masterpieces just plain go over my head.

Seriously, we get it. You've achieved full jabroni status. No need to go proving the point over and over again. :morepics: But on the for real, Master Blaster and Raggedy Man and Tina Turner (hot!) and "Two Men Enter. One Man Leaves!" are what make the film awe...wait for it...some! And the end sequence in Road Warrior is some of the greatest action ever filmed with vehicles. Thank you. 'Nuff said.

You know what? I'm glad you got replaced by Hillary Swank! :morepics: Next you're going to tell me that Attack of the Clones was the clear high point of the series.

You know what? I'm glad you got replaced by Hillary Swank! :morepics: Next you're going to tell me that Attack of the Clones was the clear high point of the series.

Look, I know you look up to Hillary Swank because she's twice the man you'll ever be. But that AOTC remark, seriously, on tha fa real, that one cut, man. It cut deep.

Well that's what you get for saying a good movie sucks and that cheesy cash-in sequels were where the series really came into its own. That's like being a fan of Terminator 3.

I never said it sucked, jabroni. I just said it was the "weakest" of the three films. It's like saying Jedi was the weakest of the original SW trilogy.

I never said it sucked, jabroni. I just said it was the "weakest" of the three films. It's like saying Jedi was the weakest of the original SW trilogy.

Yes, it's like saying Jedi was the weakest of the trilogy and saying the two strongest were Attack of the Clones and the fucking Christmas Special.

Archived