Hondo's Bar

Fable III

The NZA

2uoj2ir.png

Eurogamer says...

The game will see you become the ruler of Albion, deciding whether to be a kind king or a tyrant, and whether to keep the promises you made on your way to top. Your decisions and judgements will affect the shape of Albion and its society.

You'll be a hero ruler, and still an adventurer, "like a captain in Star Trek", said Molyneux. The game won't be an RTS, he promised. You'll also be able to travel to lands beyond Albion's borders for the first time.

due...2010? that's fast. also, short teaser at IGN.

oh, Molyneux.

I'm so, so down for any Fable game that isn't a carbon copy of the first one. A Monarchy sim could infact be interesting.

Edit- Still to reenforce though- Molyneux is the fucking devil and I want to tie him up in a garden shed & watch it burn.

Edited by The JZA

Anything that gets my lady friend to spend hours actually completing a game (several times) makes me happy, she squeeled with delight at the announcement of another Fable.

I like 'em to, warts and all. I'll play this.

And yes Jza, Molyneux is rather evil. He's a business man, they're pretty much all minions of the devil. At least some good things come out of it.

I can't wait for Milo to come out, I'm gonna abuse the SHIT out of that kid.

The last Fable II DLC (Into the Future) strongly hinted at the main character of Fable III being the child of your character in Fable II.

You eventually become king/queen of Albion in 'II, so I guess that makes your character in 'III prince/princess and heir to the throne.

Some sort of saved game recognition could be cool.

OXM is saying that Fable III will feature "extensive" Natal integration, so I don't think we're gonna see a re-hashed clone of a previous game: we may end up with something far, far worse and wish we had a re-hashed clone of an old game.

For some reason I'm thinking this will end up something more akin to Black & White somehow. I have no idea how , I can just see how Natal would fit into that sort of gameplay.

• 5 months later...

Ok, cool. Looks to be the same basic kind of game. A lot was revealed at the X10 conference this week. Lets all ignore everything Molyneux says and try to focus on the gameplay and screenshots, easier to avoid disappointment that way.

Lionhead Studios' Peter Molyneux came through on his promise and unveiled Fable 3 / Fable III at X10. With the unveil comes the first gameplay footage, new screens and early details on some of the innovations Molyneux and his team are bringing to the franchise, including true two-player coop play.

Fable III takes place approximately 50 years after the events that unfolded in Fable 2. You will ascend to either King or Queen or Albion to lead your people to prosperity or face a revolution against your tyrannical rule.

Fable III's expression system introduces a new feature dubbed "Dynamic Touch." This allows your character to literally reach out and touch someone so they can see your true self as defined by your actions. Those same actions will affect the visual look of your weapons and canine companion as they dynamically evolve throughout the game.

1.jpg?t=1266119145

2.jpg?t=1266119179

3.jpg?t=1266119205

4.jpg?t=1266119229

I'm braced for hate, but I personally played the shit out of the last 2 Fables and will most likely play the shit out of this one too.

During the presentation for the upcoming title at Microsoft's media-only X10 event, the Lionhead boss revealed that it won't have a health bar, or indicators like flashes, darkening of the screen, or crimson blood spatters. A strange move considering that combat still appears to be a main point of interaction.

How would that even work?

I'm thinking that Natal has an as-yet unannounced feedback feature and will deliver an electric shock when your health is low.

I dunno tho. Ever increasing controller vibration?

I was thinking about that but wouldn't the controller be vibrating while fighting? If that's the case you may not notice it while your getting jumped by a gang of Bandits.

I guess we'll fine out soon enough.

You'll be a hero ruler, and still an adventurer, "like a captain in Star Trek", said Molyneux. The game won't be an RTS, he promised. You'll also be able to travel to lands beyond Albion's borders for the first time.

Let's feed that through the Peter Molyneux translator, shall we?

Your choices as rule will be limited to that of what drapes your royal chamber has, and what sort of hats your royal guard wears, otherwise you'll just be wandering about killing things. The game will have heavy RTS content, but we will refuse to call it such. You can also go outside of Albion for one quest, but that area will be locked when it's done.

In fact, I introduce Retep Xuenylom, he undersells Molyneux's games so that you can only be postively impressed when playing them. You'll find that Retep is a much better marketing tool.

P.S. STOP! Don't do it, there's no need for the "OMG BAYTORHATE I LISTEN TO ASC BLATHER ON ABOUT HOW THE ENDING OF PREACHER IS SHIT AND INDIANA JONES IS A SHITTY KIDS MOVIE AND IGNORE HIM BUT YOU ONCE SAID YOU DIDNT LIKE A MINOR STORY DETAIL ABOUT WATCHMEN SO THAT MAKES YOU THE BIGGEST HATER ON HERE, SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M BETTER THAN YOU, YOUR NOT FUNNY AND YOUR WEBSITE SUCKS!"

I like everything Peter Molyneux has ever done, it's just never what he says it will be.

Edited by Iambaytor

Quick Note: I don't feel like signing off and then back in, so this is FDB.

In regards to the health meter issue, Baldur's Gate did something similar. While there was indeed a health bar on the screen, when you're health reached a certain low point, the PS2 controller would throb like a heartbeat and would become faster the lower your HP got, ceasing of course, upon healing. I don't see why they couldn't do the same thing in Fable III, provide they cut the vibrations that particularly hard hits cause.

I mean, to be honest, does a vibrating controller really add that much to game play? Personally, I don't think it does. I get more impact from watching my character fall down/remaining out of my control for a moment than when my controller skitters. I tend to view the vibration more as a whistle that game manufacturers feel compelled to include simply because the capability is there.

• 1 month later...
Quick Note: I don't feel like signing off and then back in, so this is FDB.

In regards to the health meter issue, Baldur's Gate did something similar. While there was indeed a health bar on the screen, when you're health reached a certain low point, the PS2 controller would throb like a heartbeat and would become faster the lower your HP got, ceasing of course, upon healing. I don't see why they couldn't do the same thing in Fable III, provide they cut the vibrations that particularly hard hits cause.

I mean, to be honest, does a vibrating controller really add that much to game play? Personally, I don't think it does. I get more impact from watching my character fall down/remaining out of my control for a moment than when my controller skitters. I tend to view the vibration more as a whistle that game manufacturers feel compelled to include simply because the capability is there.

Vibration adds intensity to the situation, makes it slightly more immersive. I'd sooner have one less HUD onscreen if possible. But then it shouldn't be too hard to cater to both sensebilities(option HUD on/off indicitave Vibe on/off).