Hondo's Bar

Flavoured Vodka

the division of joy

Idiots Guide (Werther's Vodka)

You will need.

70cl bottle of vodka

26-30 Werther's Originals (that's 2/3 a bag or a couple of tubes)

An empty wide mouth 1lt bottle (like a 2 pint milk plastic bottle)

Pour a third of the vodka into a jug.

Either crush the Werther's and put them in the vodka bottle or put them into the wide mouth bottle and then add the vodka.

If putting sweets into the vodka bottle top up with vodka from the jug after adding the required amount.

Put the bottle of mix into a sink of hand hot water.

Shake bottle and warm up water every 30 mins or so.

When the sweets have dissolved, store somewhere cold until chilled.

Serve in shots or over ice.

FAQ

Q. What is the scum that appears when making the skittle vodka?

A. I've been told this is hydrogenated fat. Strain and throw it away when the sweets have dissolved.

Q. Why do you take some of the vodka out before putting the sweets in?

A. Simple displacement.

Q. Why do you put the mixture in a sink full of hot water?

A. The water warms the vodka making the sweets dissolve faster. If you can't use the sink option you can put it in a dishwasher or leave it overnight. Or but the bottle in a saucepan of hot water with the lid loose. WARNING this can be lead to explosion and fire!

Q. How do you mix the chocolate based sweets?

A. Gently melt the chocolates in a bowl over hot water then gradually add vodka. When it's easily pourable pour it all back into the vodka bottle.

Q. I want to make some but I don't know what to try first.

A. If you don't want to try anything risky give the Werthers or Foxes Glaciers a try.

Edited by the division of joy

This sounds pretty good, but they sell vodka in all kinds of funny flavors nowadays, I wonder if the effort yield something better than store-bought caramel vodka.

You will need.

70cl bottle of vodka

Man, you're asking alot of us Amurikuns to know what a cl is. We've only been using milliliters and liters for about 30 years, and now you throw this centiliter stuff at us? Slow down! That would be 700ml, to the forward thinking Amurikuns, and to people who prefer red blooded Amurikun fluid ounces, it's about 24 fl oz.

I did this with gummy bears the other day. They don't dissolve or anything, so you end up with bear flavored vodka plus delicious vodka soaked bears that are similar to little jello shots. You just soak the bears for longer, and then put some fruit concentrate on them after you take them out of the vodka. It was pretty delicious

I did this with gummy bears the other day. They don't dissolve or anything, so you end up with bear flavored vodka plus delicious vodka soaked bears that are similar to little jello shots. You just soak the bears for longer, and then put some fruit concentrate on them after you take them out of the vodka. It was pretty delicious

Did you heat up th vodka? If not, how long did you soak them for?

im all for mixing anything at all when it comes to vodka... or at least i was before i tried... IT @_@

Some1 bought me Ciroc vodka (yea that puffy daddy stuff) and Ive never had such a bad hang over in my entire life, holy #$@%^*&*$ mutha@#%@ $%^%^#

but anyway... sounds good! ^^;

Vodka bears, mmmMMMMmmmm.

Mint Vodka? sounds interesting. Actually, now I just want some fucking vodka. Somehow the idea of making something awesome even better is just mind blowing.

Did you heat up th vodka? If not, how long did you soak them for?

No, if you heat it up the bears dissolve and you end up with sort of a lumpy syrup (we found that out by taking one of our jars out of the refrigerator to go to a cookout and left them sitting in the Texas heat for a few hours). We soaked ours for four days, the recipe said you could do a week but we didn't want to wait that long. Actually, it said to soak the bears in just the vodka for five days and then add the fruit concentrate for five days and then separate the bears out. The bears get huge with all the vodka in them, it's pretty cool.

I had found that gummy bear recipe online not too long ago... I'll have to find it again and compare with you, Amandapillar.

PS I hadn't tried it yet... I really want to, though!

I think we got ours off Instructables. We should totally compare recipes and then HOST A DFW MEETUP :-D

• 2 years later...

Whoops. I can't read.

Anyhow, watermelon vodka makes an awesome martini, mixed with just a little bit of watermelon pucker. Id be interested in blending a little of this watermelon up and shaking it in too and see how that turns out.

Edited by amynicole