Hondo's Bar

Green Day: Rockband

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Well, the AC/DC pack didn't even have avatars if the members of AC/DC or new venues. It hardly had a new title menu. And nothing, NOTHING can follow the Beatles.

I'm certain Harmonix doesn't like the idea of band-centric games (in fact, they've said in the past they don't), but if Activision is willing to offer a band-centric title to a band in exchange for exclusivity, Activision can get a bunch of big artists and crank out those games. Harmonix has to be willing to counter those offers with similar deals to stay competitive. This Green Day title will be exportable, something GH titles still are not.

Anyway, if Dhani Harrison is to be believed, they are working on a major overhaul for RB3, so they titles are just coming out to keep the money coming in and the brand alive.

I'll get it. 21st century breakdown has a gem, but only one (and no it's not 21 Guns) but I'll enjoy most of their old songs. I like the fact that they put these out in discs, and allow you to add them to your normal setlist via the RB2 disc. I don't care much for the avatars, just the songs.

You hit the nail on the head there. I would consider this purely because I want the biggest RB2 setlist I can possibly have. I'm seriously pondering renting Lego Rockband just to export all the tracks.

HEY, HEY!! You keep your Arkham Asylum talk out of mah Green Day thread!! Panch still has by copy of the first one held hostage, and I haven't finished it. I haven't seen the trailer, because I hear it's spoilerific.

damn, and here i am about to move with your copy of Brutal Legend. harsh!

ps

the joker's (somehow) back, in case you had any illusions about batman breaking his neck at the end of part 1. did not happen.

You hit the nail on the head there. I would consider this purely because I want the biggest RB2 setlist I can possibly have. I'm seriously pondering renting Lego Rockband just to export all the tracks.

Well, bad news for you, the LEGO Rock Band game comes with a unique code you have to enter in to do the export. Only one export per disc. I got a free copy of the game, so I just paid $10 on Xbox Live to get the export key. Still though, I've played the actually LEGO game, not just the exported tracks, and I had more fun than I thought with their silly little "stories." My band of LEGO roadies are setting up my equipment for a show at a spooky mansion and they get attacked by LEGO ghosts. What can I do? Only one thing to do: play Ray Parker Jr's Ghostbusters to drive the LEGO ghosts away! Come on! Everybody's having fun with that.

Good new for L is he can just get the code when he rents it with is super powers. He has the power. He's a powerful man, hahaha.

Yup. I have lots of make-believe power that's only relevant in certain context...but it's power nonetheless.

I have digital copy codes for every Blu-Ray that's been released in the last 3 years as well. That shit gets looted before the general public gets to touch it.

Archived