Hondo's Bar

Beer at Burger King

Thelogan

I assumed there would be a thread for this already, what with all the alcoholic Floridians. Maybe I missed it.

From what I understand this is no big deal across the pond (but I do get most of my information on other cultures from Pulp Fiction, so I could be mistaken), but Burger King in Miami Beach is gonna start serving beer.

From The Associated Press

New on the Burger King menu: The king of beers.

January 22, 2010

Now having it your way at Burger King will also include the chance to grab a brewski ... at least at one Miami Beach location.

The fast-food chain said Friday it's about to open a restaurant that will serve beer along with burgers and fries. It's the chain's first U.S. location with alcohol.

At the Whopper Bar South Beach, guests can pair a Whopper sandwich with Anheuser-Busch (yes, the "King of Beers" will be available at Burger King) and MillerCoors brews.

You want fries with that? A Whopper/beer/fries combo will run $7.99.

The Two-Way Blog

Burger King Rolls Out The Beer Barrel Jan. 22, 2010

The restaurant will offer outdoor dining, a walk-up window and delivery service.

It's scheduled to open in mid-February.

Morningstar analyst R.J. Hottovy says adding beer at selected locations around the world is part of Miami-based Burger King's effort to reinvent itself as a fast-food restaurant with a sit-down feel.

Hottovy said making the new image resonate could be a challenge in some locations.

Thoughts?

Stoopid article doesn't have an address.

There are currently 2 BKs in Miami Beach. There was 3, but one closed down. Not sure if this line in the article

At the Whopper Bar South Beach

Means the place will actually be CALLED Whooper Bar or if it'll still have the BK name on the outside.

• 1 month later...

Archived