Hondo's Bar

Chain restaurant reviews

amynicole

I don't usually like to review chain restaurants because you can go to two different locations and get completely different quality of food and service, but sometimes I find something I really like.

We went to jasons deli for the first time today and liked it. Alot of organics, and except for the sodas, no high fructose corn syrup. I had the biggest baked potato I've ever seen. It was good. However it was crowded.

We also like ramanos macaroni grill. The grilled steak spedini is awesome.

Any chains you like? Or don't like?

We went to Chilis last weekend and it seems like they have cut their menu in half.

I know. :( I also miss (aklthough this is a rather old menu item that that haven't had for a while now) their "mile high oreo pie".

I really like Red Lobster, cant get enough of the cheese biscuits.

I had a link to a recipe somewhere around here...

I was most depressed when I went to Chilli's and discovered they had gotten rid of their awesome blossom. Chilli's is my favorite chain, Olive Garden would be my second.

Yeah, I didn't have that very often, but I did like it on occasion. They did (dor a while, not sure if they still do) have a Crispy Onion String & Jalapenos Stack thing that was good (the onions, not a fan of jalapenos themselves though things cooked with them can be good).

Chili's is great, i usually go for their burgers, which are usually great.

Famous Dave's is fantastic for chain BBQ, they have like eight different sauces at the table and you can put it on anything. Their ribs are good, their beans are good, their corn muffins are good. I've never had anything at that place that wasn't superb.

Welove chillis. Used to eat there once a week until we decided to go healthy. I love the mesquite chicken salad. Yum. But I hate their burgers. Believe it or not, if I want a burger from a restaurant I go to applebees, even though I work there. Sooo good, especially the a1 steakhouse burger.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the soup, salad, and bread at olive garden today. I love their salad, and I tried this soup, I'm not sure what it's called, and it had potatos, sausage and greens in it. It was fantastic. I would really reccomend it. Tasted fresh and homemade. Better than the soup, salad and bread at Johnny carinos, although that's pretty good, too. I like their garlic potato soup. I'm a huge fan of these lunch specials. Filling, but not too heavy.

• 1 year later...

A Red Robin ”Yum” opened down here for the first time. I have never eaten at one. our friends got us in tonight for a special opening trial run where 8 of us got to eat for free. The free part was great, but I'm not that impressed. It's another burger joint/chili's/applebees/Friday's..... You get the point. I'm not knocking the free food, and because it's new, I'm sure I'll be there again, however I won't be ”craving” Red Robin.

It is just another burger place...I think the novelty, at least for Ben & I, was that there wasn't one in our town. We've eaten at the local one once and I'm not going out of my way.

I will say this, though...they come out with a limited time burger that is usually worth visiting. I'm not sure if its a monthly thing or seasonal or what, but its usually really good -- I remember seeing the commercials for a Mediterranean burger that made my mouth water, but sadly that was when the closest RR was a three-hour drive.

Did you have the onion rings?

Archived