Hondo's Bar

The NZA

Funny you should use an Anchorman gif. Logans oh-so-perfect backhander there had me thinking "You know how to cut to the core of me, Baxter"

XBox players getting co-op fucking blows. Is there NO way they could sort that shit out on PC? Just invite someone along to your world and get busy without needing to hire a systems administrator.

I now know why I'm doing an IT degree. It's all so clear.

The drop in split screen is pretty badass too. Just randomly recruited the wife to help me with my Stairway to Hell.

And the simplified crafting. I can see purists going all "haRUMPH" over it, but it saves me a lot of pointless hassle. I was reading how to make iron bars, and the guy is like "place 8 cobblestones in a circle with a blank space in the middle to craft a furnace", I was a little dumbfounded, until I realized that he was referring to the shape it shows right before I click "A" on "Furnace" when I have the described materials.

it's not hard on PC either, there's tons of mods and no doubt one for a pad like that i'd figure. it's only the formulas i gotta remember, and that's what alt+tab's for.

co-op invites are nice, i just think sharing a world on a server makes way more sense, we can all get together and work on shit during our different hours. if only we had an IT dude who was into this game that could host it

it's only the formulas i gotta remember, and that's what alt+tab's for.

Lol.

Listen to yourself. "Memorizing complex item layouts isn't a big deal, just stop playing the game and google it!"

You are now the crown prince of fun.

Snag the demo or something, I can't find a good video that shows you what I'm talking about.

I'll probably jump on your unstreamlined, modded out, superior multiplayer version at some point, some day, but this is working fine and dandy right now. I've heard these generic arguments about every single PC vs. console game since time immemorial.

Oh hell nah!

One click crafting? Bah! Half the fun of crafting is finding the items then that little moment of triumph as you arrange them. Maybe you put one in the wrong place? Your heart sinks a little but fear not, you have made a silly mistake and can enjoy 1024 happy uses with your new pickaxe.

logans doesn't want the fun of building things. he's holding out for a $5 "build it for me" DLC pack

for real, im busting balls cause this is the kinda game hondo's should play together, instead of in tiny closed gardens. again though, for real: have fun, im just saying it runs on a toaster, and let's be honest, when you're riding around with the top down, screaming out "money ain't a thing", i'm pretty sure you can manage another copy once we got a server going. this isn't unobtanium like condoms in texas.

If it weren't for my dynamic external IP address (which the ISP can't/won't make static) and not wanting to leave my noisy ass computer on all night (it's in my bedroom) I would definitely host a server. I have an old laptop that might be up to the task but I'm afraid it'll self-destruct and burn the house down someday.

I know of ways to get around the IP thing but it'll take some research. There's always third party hosting that's dedicated exclusively to Minecraft but it can be pricey.

Update: Unless we get another highly skilled benefactor with a spare LAMP box it looks like we'd need to get a Virtual Private Server going if you really, really wanted this to happen. Only catch is they don't come cheap. I guy from college swears by blacknight.com. They're an Irish hosting company and they're the most reasonable at €12.99/Month. If we got a few people to contribute it could be worth it but honestly I don't see enough people having an interest in this idea enough to cough up.

Edited by crimsonfire

nah, i think it'll go over about as well as your idea of paying to host images, or getting me to pay for gold like a sucker

my IP is also not static, so it's back to waiting for StillB or someone else with a dedicated server to volunteer...ah well, ill prolly go back to the GAF one eventually (hondo's doesn't really play together anyway). we'll try again another time. thanks though shane.

Yes, the bitching about gold membership and then paying twice as much monthly for a single game would have been funny part.

I've got a static IP, a 50 mbps connection and a computer that I restart about 5 times a year.

But I don't like your fucking tone.

Maybe after the move. I don't see why it would be any skin off my ass. I'm constantly seeding like a million torrents in the background at any given time and never notice a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, a new bar has been set for latecoming, but I'm pretty sure I'm waving this bus along too. And months, maybe years from now when I finally start playing this thing half the fun will be finding subtle ways to draw the conversation back to Minecraft and the things I crafted. And you cunts will be playing holo-chess or something similar that I'll have no interest in.

Now back to Arkham City.

lol bro are you compareing the depth of 2 games that are completely different? Dark/demon souls had instruction manuals.. I didn't need to use a wiki to learn how to kill a mofo..

Why should i resort to a wiki on how to simply play the game?

Thats bullshit. I refuse.

(my god iOS has made my typing shamefully lazy.. fixing typos...)

Edited by IceManML

you can experiment and figure shit out - learn, the way you did with older games.

or you can read something that saves you time and helps you accomplish certain goals faster. i get that some of minecraft could certainly be more intuitive, but ive had to read FAQs to play all kinds've games, if it's a dealbreaker for you there's always angry birds or something.

Yea eventually ill get off my lazy thumbs and click the wiki. But even older games had instruction manuals. Don't defend it with your own proactivity; there really is no excuse for it. There should be something.

And theres no such thing as a deal breaker for a game unless you physically destroy it I guess? (not for me at least). I'm just bein a bitch.

eh...you're not wrong, really.

i guess i'm just so used to it now: i had to constantly alt+tab (or use steam browser) for lots of old PC games with archaic/non-intuitive engines like Planescape, and im currently using 2 guides to play an import game, so when the experience pays off, i admittedly give a pass to many things i prolly shouldn't.

for real though, a tutorial'd be good but i doubt it'd cover some of the hidden stuff that wiki has. take a look when you can man, and play on a server with friends if you're able, its infinitely more fun that way

whenever i do get pulled back into this game, ive finally found a graphics pack to replace my current 8-bit castlevania one:

b8cDL.jpg

WDr68.jpg

1c8IC.jpg

This mod adds shaders to Minecraft in a post-process manner that simulate different effects that occur in the real-world in how light reacts with objects and with the human eye. This mod also adds dynamic movement to flora and fire. Note: This mod was configured with a high-spec system in mind. If you run vanilla Minecraft with max view distance and fancy settings at around 100+ fps and most modern games at med-high to high settings, then this mod should run fine for you. Read further down in the Tweaks section for how to get better performance out of this mod.

Source

• 2 months later...