Hondo's Bar

Powers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still watching this? I'm trying to decide if I should go beyond episode one or just call it quits there. Netflix keeps putting up new shows/films that get my time, so it's hard to get myself in to giving this another shot after the mediocrity of the first episode.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes the world just doesn't make sense.

Sony's POWERS Renewed For Season 2

120203.jpg

PlayStation Network's first foray into original scripted drama has been received with mixed critical response since it debuted two months ago. Despite this, Sony have still officially renewed Powers for a second season. Read on for more details!

Follow Minty:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png

By Minty - 5/6/2015

L2rIs0s.jpg

It's fair to say that the critical reception to Sony's Powers has been mixed. Rated at 50% over on Rotten Tomatoes and a 51 on Metacritic, PSN's first original show never appeared to take off in the same manner as rival company Netflix. That said, it's clear the show must have impressed some of its viewership, as earlier today Sony announced it had been renewed for a second season.

Speaking about the renewal to THR, John Koller (VP Platforms Marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America) had a lot of positives to say about the show:

"The reception to Powers has been incredible, and we are thrilled to have successfully launched a platform for original content with the PlayStation gamer in mind. We believe original content will continue to be a key pillar as we broaden the value proposition for PlayStation Plus, and we’re excited for what’s to come with season two of Powers.”

Additionally, Sony Pictures Television's Jamie Erlicht promised season two will "broaden the Powers universe" as well as "bring even more of the fan-favorite characters and storylines to life".

Many viewers bemoaned the show's lack of availability when it was only aired for free to PlayStation Plus subscribers. In an era of abundant comic-book TV shows, it's understandable how Powers may have slipped under the radar a little. What do you think of the show's renewal? Will this make you want to check it out - if you haven't already? Let us know your thoughts below!