Hondo's Bar

Hell On Wheels

Keth

Wiki

Hell on Wheels is an upcoming American dramatic television series created and produced by Joe and Tony Gayton. Set in 1865, the series stars Anson Mount as Cullen Bohannon, a former Confederate soldier who is determined to exact revenge on the Union soldiers who murdered his wife.

The series will be broadcast in the United States on the cable channel AMC. It is developed by Endemol USA, under the stewardship of senior vice-president of scripted programming Jeremy Gold, and is produced by Entertainment One and Nomadic Pictures. It is due to premiere on November 6, 2011.[1]

Hellonwheelsposter.jpg

354786.jpg

354784.jpg

354782.jpg

Thoughts? This is looking to be pretty sweet.

Western revenge series set against the backdrop of the railroad expansion across the US West? I'm there!

The casting has me a little worried though. The rapper Common playing what appears to be a Tonto-like character? Some guy I've never heard of as the Confederate officer out for revenge?Hmm, could be trouble, but I'll reserve judgement for the pilot episode. The only actor I saw in that trailer that had me excited was Colm Meaney as an apparent rail road baron.

• 2 months later...

Hell-on-Wheels-AMC.jpg

Now that season one is over, what did everyone think? For me? Great show. Any qualms about performance should be thrown out the window, because everyone was fantastic. ESPECIALLY Common AND Anson Mount (Bohannon). Calling it now, Common will win some award for his portrayal of Elam. Colm Meaney was also great, but I think there was no suprises there. While the main story did go off track (zing), it was still compelling enough to keep me hanging on from week to week. This should be to Nick what Walking Dead is to me and I don't understand, for the life of me, why he's been sleeping on it.

Hell-on-Wheels-AMC.jpgThis should be to Nick what Walking Dead is to me and I don't understand, for the life of me, why he's been sleeping on it.

The same reason he slept on It's Always Sunny and Philidelphia, Scott Pilgrim, and is currently sleeping on Jonah Hex and Justified (and Suicide Squad and Thunderbolts, don't think I forgot!) because motherfucker just doesn't listen.

heh, Toxin's not the least of your crimes, but i've still got that Postman mark so i can't say much.

i swear i will start this soon, i got all the eps and i'm done with current shows, just playing games and watching Alien stuff with sen lately.

baytor - okay, yeah, i slept on those comics. i'm not reading much at the moment (see: this), but when did you recommend Justified? i thought it was only spiffytee that was pushing that one on me.

• 4 weeks later...

7 EPISODES LATER

it's aight.

okay so its good, me & kertins went on a marathon. brief thoughts!

- train baron went to the gene hackman school of acting, main guy gets his hair cut at the same place as sam from true blood

- common is awesome, but this was known

- been having fun with it, but im glad they finally broke from the camp - dude was taking out people at quite the clip, then this whole sgt thing got stuck on the backburner for a bit after he got away, no idea why we were still hanging around the railroad except for sidestories, which were mostly good.

- any of yall that havnet watched Deadwood should get on that

- prolly gonna finish up season 1 this week, cant wait for s2

they're pretty different is the thing - deadwood goes more historical here & there, and definitely moves slower, vs the pacing of a vengeance story. overall, i can't fault that time SB said it prolly builds the most interesting villain i've seen in a show.

just finished ep 9, had to leave for work with sen likely watching season finale, fuuuuuu

cmon man it's so obvious the sweed blew up the railroad & put it on the indians! how do they even blow stuff up? what did he need that powder for? senator's giving him money to ruin/get even with doc is my bet, we'll see if it pans out.

meanwhile, coms is leaning toward the dark side, not to make a pun - and how the fuck did that guy live? that's one magic bullet.

stage is set for creepy 007 villain sweed to take a fall in the finale, i think!

tied up season 1! finale thoughts:

pacing was a bit off for that one, i agree with kertins that the impact of "i had the wrong guy" would've been bigger without the scene 10 minutes before where said guy tells the sweed "I'm the wrong guy"; revealing it when he told the same to Common at the end would've been cooler.

no idea next season's direction either: he's off the camp, but surely they're not gonna want to shed that supporting cast, so are we gonna bounce back & forth across both stories? wonder how it'll be.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...