Hondo's Bar

GOOD Wii Games

Mortiis558

NZA wants a list of good Wii games, so I will start and he can add to it as he sees fit.

MadWorld

House of the Dead Overkill

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Super Mario Bros Wii

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (even though I didn't like it that much)

Metroid Other M (didn't like it either)

Super Paper Mario

Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2

Mario Kart

No More Heroes 1 & 2

Red Steel 2

Muramasa The Demon Blade

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Lost in Shadow

I know a missed a couple of other ones, which I am sure you will happily remind me of. And if you want to throw in games like Okami and Resident Evil 4, then the list expands a little more, and then you can add in Virtual Console and list expands some more, but still, try doing this with the 360 or ps3 and it will be a LOT longer of a list. The Wii isn't all bad, but it is by far the weakest of the 3.

It does, but I just like the PSP versions so much better. I guess you could add it if Wii was your only means of playing video games and you had never played Monster Hunter before then.

And Xenoblade Chronicles looks mighty nice. I will probably grab a used Wii and play through the new Zelda and Xenoblade when it comes out.

were the Tales games good? i thought they weren't good.

@logans - yeah, it's even worse because MH3 portable is on japanese PSN for PS3 play, but not here. i know mal & panch were all about the wii one though.

and yeah, Xenoblade's said to be JRPG of the gen, i think i'm gonna buy it domestically to support it when i can and just play it on dolphin if my PC can handle it. might do the same for Last Story either way.

Lost in Shadow i didn't yet play, i'd add Metroid Prime Trilogy (if you can find it) just because going back & playing 1, the controls are really dated, might stand to gain from the porting, plus it was a good deal for all 3 when it dropped. tragically, it was also as close as nintendo got to remembering the series' 25th anniversary coming up.

my additions:

i dug Punch-Out!! but ill try to only do 3rd party stuff for a bit - Okami i can't abide because while it looks gorgeous in widescreen/480p, it controls like shit. ill also try to avoid shit you can get on other/stronger formats.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - this one's pretty clever, if you're prepared for a completely different Silent Hill game...it does some cool stuff with the psych evaluation as it goes, i admittedly have to get back to it as i was totally stuck in a weird area.

Fatal Frame 4 - now featuring Suda51 design! Shit's spooky, my only qualm (with most of the series) being pacing due to the protagonist being a small japanese girl with two broken ankles.

Trauma Team - the best of the series, because you get the crazy surgical shit, plus CSI investigations, EMS stuff, colonoscopies (where you go up people's butts!) and the like, so it's fun and varied too.

Little King Story - I have not played this (its coming to Vita though) but it took game of the year from some places so it's supposed to be worth checking out.

Sonic Colors - aka the one that broke the cycle, seriously, the best Modern Sonic out there, and before you say that's a low bar: SA2 was good, man. fun level design & platforming too, you can't just boost your way through.

Sin & Punishment 2 - Treasure's classic (which i never got to play till it showed up on Virtual Console) finally gets a sequel, and it supports classic controller too!

A Boy & His Blob - i have heard good things, and you know, the NES one was great in the day.

Goldeneye - Got a complete graphical remake, and brought a golden controller with it. This and NBA Jam helped justify my having 4 wiimotes.

*edit: HD port incoming.

Endless Ocean 2 - this is up there with flower as my most relaxing games this gen (also uses CC).

Shiren the Wanderer - Adventure game by the folks who brought you 999 - it's also on DS.

Zack & Wiki - is awesome if you dig point & click (Monkey Island, etc). it's also tricky as fuck.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - the most-imported fighter of all time, featuring the guys from Gatchaman! shit was crazy. also worth checking out if you are insane: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core.

Metal Slug Anthology - you cannot go wrong with this. i love shit like this and lose hours to it.

Epic Mickey - another one i don't know bout, but uh...Benny liked it?

Obscure: The Aftermath - i will literally check out almost any horror game. more later. note: Ju-On did not go well, i was advised to try this one instead.

Day of Disaster - straight 24-ish action game, also imported because i have no idea why they didn't bring it, it's fun though.

Another Code R: Journey into Memories - i started this one on DS after Hotel Dusk when i was looking for more visual novel type stuff, found a wii port that was EU only, so here's to getting back to it. good looking game too.

on wiiware: Konami rebirth series was all cool (Contra, Castlevania & Gradius), bit.trip games are an awesome buy (they have the collection on disc, i double-dipped on steam too), Phoenix Wright, Tetris Party, Bomberman Blast and...some people found joy from FF IV: The Later Years.

on the casual end, i had fun with de blob and Boom Blox both, but they're $10 games really. the Resident Evil ones are also fun if you're down for arcade shooting, Klona, Fragile and Tenchu 4 get love, but the latter didn't do it for me, sadly.

kinda fast & sloppy and i know i'm forgetting shit, but if you want details, i can post em with videos. it's probably got more 3rd party games ive dug than my precious gamecube, but the GC ones stand out more in my mind because they were stuff like RE4, Eternal Darkness, Killer 7 etc.

I mostly play the Wii w/ friends, so I'm not really into the single player games anyway.

Mario Kart Wii

Wii Sports Resort

Wii Play

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

That's pretty much it when it comes to multiplayer. Well, there are also the various itterations of Rock Band and Guitar Hero that have their place. Saying I'm no gamer is an understatement, and even I know that list is pretty fucking sad for a system that's been out for, what, four or five years. I mean, where is the sequel to SMK already?

I have found most of the single player games to be disappointing in their use of the Wii mote anyway. I'm looking at you LEGO and Star Wars games. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are the exceptions in my limited experience.

Has anyone played the No More Heroes game or its sequel.

i wanna make sure i have this right

-you own 4 games for it, 2 of which are collections of mini-games (i agree that this list is sad)

-you branched out only with lego star wards games

-you are unaware of Mario Kart 7 on 3DS (i think it might be the best one yet, personally)

-you are also unaware of both of these threads

i just want to make sure i'm understanding you here

Yeah that whole "I don't player single player games" kinda threw me off too. And Haku, we have all played Wii Sports etc, but you aren't supposed to admit it anymore!

Now to complete this list...

Sin and punishment 2 (i knew i was forgetting it but I couldnt remember the name)

Metroid Prime Trilogy

I would add Metal Slug and Obscure but they aren't Wii exclusive.

Epic Mickey was a failure (imo)

Donkey Kong I didn't play but my love of the old SNES one will permit me to add it to the list.

Another Code R looks to be cool, but I never got to play it. Though I really like Hotel Dusk (even if it only takes a day to beat).

I would add Metal Slug and Obscure but they aren't Wii exclusive.

yeah, metal slug obviously (i also dig the collections like Data East and a few others but im pretty sure they also hit ps2), didn't even know Obscure was on so many platforms...huh. might try it on PC.

Epic Mickey was a failure (imo)

yeah, i was surprised benny dug it; lotta people adored the art style but didn't wanna talk about it after it dropped so i kinda got worried.

Though I really like Hotel Dusk (even if it only takes a day to beat).

jesus christ i suck, that game took me at least a week. i swear half a day of that was trying to open my briefcase with a bent paperclip or something.

from your 1st list: House of the Dead Overkill is my favorite of the series, so good. also, Muramasa is gorgeous. oh yeah, how'd you rate Silent Hill: SM? the bit that threw me off were the chase scenes.

I haven't played many Silent Hill games honestly. I played the one on the PSP, and that's about it. I have nothin against them really, just never been a real big fan of the whole horror genre in video games. Though once some of the newer ones are cheaper I will probably grab them and try them out unless there is a specific one anyone thinks I should play first. I have a ps2/ps3/360/3DS right now, so recommend away!

It's a prequel much like the animated movie. And yeah it comes in with DS2 in HD. My move experience has been better than the Wii when it comes to actual control. Still waiting on some decent games for it though. Sorcery looks promising. That's for a different topic though :p

i wanna make sure i have this right

-you own 4 games for it, 2 of which are collections of mini-games (i agree that this list is sad)

I was merely listing the only multiplayer games I've played that I actually really enjoyed. I don't even own SSBB. :???: I suppose you could add Punch Out and Golden Eye to the multiplayer list, but again, I found them both a bit dissapointing in their game play.

-you branched out only with lego star wards games

Nah. I also own the LEGO Indy and Batman games. I have Metroid Prime3, Epic Mickey, Red Steel2, and a few others. But I thought we were only listing "good" Wii games.

-you are unaware of Mario Kart 7 on 3DS (i think it might be the best one yet, personally)

We're talking Wii games in here, right? What the fuck does a 3DS MK game do for me on the Wii?

-you are also unaware of both of these threads

I'm still not sure I'm aware this place even has a gaming forum half the time. So it's a safe bet. Edited by Mr. Hakujin

you really didnt like Metroid Prime 3? huh. did you play the prior ones though? and yeah, id heard Red Steel 2 was alright, but i was pretty disappointed in part 1 so i havent tried it yet either.

and yeah, i mentioned MK7 cause that's where the next one is. pretty sure no nintendo system ever has gotten more than 1 mario kart game per gen, is the thing.

you might have fun with No More Heroes, shame there's not a demo you can play it on first (unless you have access to a ps3), overworld is boring but the boss fights are awesome.

I played the hell out of Metroid on my Gameboy and on the SNES back in the day. I didn't even bother finishing MP3 on the Wii. I may get around to it one day.

I've just really been disappointed w/ the Wii Motion Plus. I got suckered in to upgrading my old wiimotes and was surprised at how meh the control response was. And game developers rarely ever seem to take advantage of the unique qualities of the Wiimote. Maybe it's different for the PS3 version, but every time I get excited for a single-player game on the Wii it just disappoints horribly, Epic Mickey and LEGO Indy most of all. I have an Indy game on a system tailor made to handle the controller like a whip and i have to press a button? WTF? And don't even get me started on the shitty excuse for lightsaber play on the Force Unleashed. I never even bothered w/ the Clone Wars game.

I haven't bought a Wii game since RedSteel 2. I've gotten a few as gifts since then, but I highly doubt I'll ever buy another. If I ever see No More Heroes for like $10 I may pick it up as you seemed to really dig it.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I keep meaning to play that one, but every time i try, there's this image in my head: Alanah's getting her wedding recital or some really stressful thing going, and calls you on the phone and you're playing that game, and she literally asks you to toss a roast in the oven just to get it started for when she gets back, and you pause a game about cooking long enough to yell back "AM I A BITCH NOW? DO I LOOK LIKE A BITCH TO YOU?!"