Hondo's Bar

New Game Trailers and Previews

Newtype

• 3 weeks later...

Quick poll before Tuesday.

I wanna pick up Tomb Raider:Legends Tuesday.

Do ya think I should go PS2 for better controls or XBOX for the graphics gloss...

I can't find any reviews that break down which version is the best, (360 aside).

What does anyone/everyone think?

by better controls, you mean you prefer the PS2 controller, or is the 360 one noted for not being as responsive?

id imagine the graphic jump is pretty big between the two, though....tough call. If theyre realtively the same price, id be tempted to go for the 360 one, if the controls dont suck, cause thats gonna hurt in a jumping game like that.

No, I mean 360 aside. I dont have a 360 so thats out unfortunately.

I have a regular XBOX, PS2 and GC.

So I'm torn between...

b210783ab.jpg

OR

b281262ab.jpg

I read on video game rankings.com that the PS2/XBox rated 87.0

where the XBOX 360 rated 77.0, I think the controls hurt the 360 version in the reviews.

No, I mean 360 aside. I dont have a 360 so thats out unfortunately.

I have a regular XBOX, PS2 and GC.

So I'm torn between...

b210783ab.jpg

OR

b281262ab.jpg

I read on video game rankings.com that the PS2/XBox rated 87.0

where the XBOX 360 rated 77.0, I think the controls hurt the 360 version in the reviews.

From VGR.com

That's not to say that the Xbox version of Legend is a graphical slouch. It pushes the aging Xbox hardware to the limits with vibrant, living environments: we were particularly impressed by the vast, teeming cityscape depicted in the Tokyo levels, but the tomb-based levels have their own charm. Whether you pick up the Xbox or the Xbox 360 version, Legend is one gorgeous-looking game. That said, if you value gameplay over graphics, there's no just beating the standard Xbox version of Legend. It's just much, much smoother than its Xbox 360 counterpart.

The PS2 version, meanwhile, looks sharp but won't win any awards. It's surprising how closely it mimics the Xbox version...until you see the pokey frame rate. It doesn't dip as badly as the Xbox 360 version does, but the blander details coupled with the so-so performance averages out to an above-average visual experience. Not bad, but not great, either.

Legend's sounds sparkle, too, with booming gunshots that will make your subwoofer sweat. Driving background rhythms add atmospheric flair to the acrobatic exercises without grating on the nerves, a key requirement in a game that often requires you to replay a difficult jumping puzzle several times before achieving success. And Lara's new voice is spot-on. It gives her a softer, urgent edge that makes her a more likeable lead character and less of the snaggle-toothed Cockney street urchin that haunted previous games. The other voice actors fulfill their roles well, though outside of Lara, there are no standout performances.

Guess I'll go with the XBox version.

Alternatively you could get the PC demo if your specs are up to it.

http://www.download.com/Tomb-Raider-Legend...4-10520329.html

When I played the demo and option called "next generation features" was grayed out, presumably meaning that what I played was closer to the Xbox or Playstation version even though I know it could do better. Though I should fucking hope that all the graphical options are available for the retail version.

but in my view another alternative, a better alternative would be to get this for any system.

B00009ZVHY.01._PE35_.Prince-of-Persia-Sands-of-Time._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Its like the love child of the Genesis and the Turbographix.

haha...was thinkin something like that.

What's Wii? anyway, the project shots (i know theyre not definitive) didnt look like that at all, im thinkin its all up in the air till it drops, even the controller itself.

• 2 months later...