Hondo's Bar

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

AL:VH Polls  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's time for this to get its own thread guys.

<object id="vid_edcbed647fc4986b6c1b1e41e065534a" class="ign-videoplayer" width="468" height="293" data="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf"'>http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/24/abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-red-band-trailer"/></object>

boner

Meh, it makes for a good write in. I think maybe Twilight should be up there :troll:

It's kinda hard to gauge these too since there are so many types of vamp movies now. You got Blade-y action flicks to Near Dark horror. I thought Daybreakers was one of the better modern, straight vampire movies though, but still think Mr. Lincoln is gonna blow that one out of the water too.

John Carpenter's "Vampire$" and Vampire Hunter D

The book was a fun quick read, same author as who did "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" , it was an interesting blend of historical fact, and Vamp. conspiracy theory.

As for the movie itself, the author wrote the screen play so it should pretty in line with the book, which should make for a fun movie.

I get why folks are choosing Blade 2 up there, but I'm not getting why some didn't choose Blade 1. Y'all really thought it was the better movie? Legit curious, not being condescending. I've always just thought the 2nd one was superior. Of course, now, Del Toro's name helps that case, but having seen it back when I didn't know who he was I still liked it more. Also it being my first theater R rated movie might be a reason too :p Anyway it's been a bit since those films and figure everyone's seen em. Just curious on folks' ordering of those (3 is obviously the weakest one we can all agree on I'm sure)

Blade 2 was good and probably better, but it wasn't Blade 1. Blade 1 was the first good Marvel movie and might have been the reason we have all these great Marvel/comic book flicks today. Think about it. It didn't choose it in the poll out of respect.

Both are great, but if put to the test, I'd say Blade edges out Blade II in my book. And AL:VH will have to be damn good to out do either for me. We shall see in a few weeks how the axe holds up in comparison to the katana when it comes to slaying vamps.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
top hat vs sunglasses

• 3 weeks later...

Fun movie! I admit, my expectations were higher than they should've been, but it was still a damn fine action movie. Gotta read the book now.

Ditto. It's sadly one of those films where the action in the trailer is pretty much the best action in the film. Also, the vamp kills were rather ho-hum. I guess I've been spoiled w/ exploding vamps these past 10-15 years. Just seeing a vamp's head come off was actually a disappointment. My friend read the book and said it was a much richer vampire world in the novel--going all the way back to...

Henry & vamps being responsible for the lost colonists at Roanoke. This whole vamps can't kill other vamps was apparently not present in the book either. Also, according to my friend, the ending was much different in the novel...

Apparently Lincoln becomes a vampire, and the book ends w/ Abe & Henry in the crowd during Obama's acceptance speech on election night.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
double thpoilerth