Hondo's Bar

Bayonetta 2

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Remember when Resident Evil 6 was a gamecube exsclusive and you PS2 whores had to stand up and recognize now because there was an Earth-shattering great game and it was NEVER GETTING A PORT!

Same thing happened with Psychonauts and the X-Box. I'm pretty sure I can find a copy of Psychonauts for the Colecovision now.

yeah....you're not getting what it means when you actually fund development, though

see: Mass Effect 1 (no PS3 because MS paid for development), likely MGS4, etc etc. there's moneyhatting for timed exclusvies, and there's paying to own a game/IP. This is literally like asking why you cant play Halo and Mario on your PS3.

We'll see, if it does poorly enough they'll sell it for a song.

it will likely sell poorly, like the first one did.

and they won't sell it, because nintendo keeps deep vaults like disney. this is why you've not played ports of Resident Evil (GC remake), Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, and likewise projects they invested in. it's just not really something they do.

if you're playing Bayonetta 2 Sigma on Xbox 720 in 2016, i will buy you a hat. a nice one.

The terms of the bet have been officially stated. Awaiting authorization from second party. The judges do not consider the specific title of the console or games to be a relevant detail.

The official terms are as follows.

If there is a port, or an official release date of the currently exclusive Wii U game Bayonetta 2 on a console not owned by or partnered with Nintendo by the year 2016, NZA agrees to purchase a hat for Iambaytor of Iambaytor's choosing, which is to be delivered in a timely manner.

This is now a time capsule, to be dug up at the proper point in time from the cornea vid screen in your self driving hover car.

<object width="148" height="44"><param name="movie" value="http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s0AUb5Zop9VE&autoplay=0"></param><param'>http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s0AUb5Zop9VE&autoplay=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s0AUb5Zop9VE&autoplay=0" width="148" height="44" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><br><a href="http://vocaroo.com" style="font-size:xx-small;" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder">Audio recording software >></a>

• Upvote 1

yeah, those numbers hurt. not as bad as child of eden though!

and bayo fans toss out the 2 mill # a lot, but was that "moved" or sold? please say you're not using vg chartz either, they're banned from GAF & other sites for admitting to making up their #'s. im asking cause without NPD figures i never know how anything sold.

i know, i didnt for years either. its kinda amazing because ive seen major media outlets cite them, despite it being well known that the creator uses his own "formula" including heavy speculation.

it's a shitty situation because while nintendo and others make efforts to track sold vs shipped, the NPD figures we get every month went to shit about a year ago: we went from exact figures to a general top 10, with rough estimates on the upper #'s. i don't really follow sales-age but there's so much more transparency with books, movies etc than games, sadly.

• 2 years later...