Hondo's Bar

Doctor Strange

• 3 weeks later...

Gawd the anti DC media bias is outrageous I tell you. The system is rigged, folks. They've got dead people buying tickets to some of these Marvel movies. How does that happen, huh? You tell me. It's terrible what the MCU is doing to our democracy.

• Upvote 1

So I saw it earlier today, here's my unspoilery thoughts:

• Special effects are fantastic, it's Ditko, meets Dali, meets Escher, meets a kaleidoscope, meets 2001, meets Inception. This film has to be seen in the cinema.
  • Cumberbatch is excellent, one of the best performances we've seen in the MCU.
  • Villain is meh, but they cope with it better than other films.
  • Love interest is the best since Cap and Peggy Carter.
  • Fight scenes are good but I got a little bored of them after a while.

Overall not on the level of Guardians, Civil War, Winter Soldier, Avengers or Iron Man, but for me it would slot in at the next level.

7/10

So I saw it earlier today, here's my unspoilery thoughts:

• Special effects are fantastic, it's Ditko, meets Dali, meets Escher, meets a kaleidoscope, meets 2001, meets Inception. This film has to be seen in the cinema.
  • Cumberbatch is excellent, one of the best performances we've seen in the MCU.
  • Villain is meh, but they cope with it better than other films.
  • Love interest is the best since Cap and Peggy Carter.
  • Fight scenes are good but I got a little bored of them after a while.

Overall not on the level of Guardians, Civil War, Winter Soldier, Avengers or Iron Man, but for me it would slot in at the next level.

7/10

Sounds like if they had fixed like 2 issues there, we'd have best marvel movie of all time on our hands.