Hondo's Bar

E3 2013- The Red Wedding Edition

Keth

sony has made loads of improvements with plus and its network in general too. the whole needing a gold account for netflix, etc has always been really weird to me. i keep hearing thay the xbox has alot of those restrictions built into the hardware, though i dont see how they cpuld do that. they should at least have some kind of failsafe.

Time to trophy up loggins. We'll make a party of it.

aren't they finishing in 3rd place this gen? not sure how that's reinging champs, but they do have a great chunk of america, anyway...

I've no clue. I just based my estimation of MS as the leader/champ amongst gamers on the fact every, and I mean every, student I've had in at least the past 2 years that discusses gaming in any capacity mentions their XBOX Live account. I guess Nintendo probably is the most profitable since they have so many systems and a stronger (?) base world wide. I thought PS3 was passed over by most gamers for XB360 in the long run--but, again, I'm really asking and not stating here.

I mean every, student I've had in at least the past 2 years that discusses gaming in any capacity mentions their XBOX Live account.

I thought PS3 was passed over by most gamers for XB360 in the long run

360 came out at the right time and got people hooked on XBL.

PS3 was a year late ($599) and had nothing going for it for 2 years.

There seems to be a legitimate console war at the ready for this gen.... ps3 n 360 were virtually clones despite PSN vs xbla.

Every console is very different. Especially in light of MS shitting on their fans, shiza video style.

But sadly looks like i still won't be playing KI or this panzer dragoon crimson lizard bird thing...

Definitely getting a wii u tho :D

Edited by IceManML

I think y'all are blinded by nostalgia for Killer Instinct. I'm sure the old games were fantastic, but that new one they showed... it looked generic as fuck. I'm not a huge fighting game buff, but to me it looked like a shiny Street Fighter.

Now bring me back some Bloody Roar, I'll be all over that shit.

Boo you axelz.. Boo.

The best thing about tekken v sf v MK v KI is that not only do they maintain their mechanics, but they introduce new things to the game making it even better. They over did it w mvc3 virtually turning it into a button masher for the n00bs but that's an unfortunate exception.

Besides street fighter came first... EVERYTHING IS BASED ON STREETFIGHTER.

you gotta look past the skin...

http://youtu.be/BgI16r8l5Vw

Ps good fuking article.

Edited by IceManML

yeah, 4 on DS by WayForward was good/hard, Shattered Soldiers on PS2 was a better 3D contra than ive seen since One for PSX (i should prolly say this if/when i finally see level 2), and Uprising on XBLA/PSN is like a future take on it, but with anime - if you liked the bike-riding bits from 3, there's fun to be had.

the series has had some good entries this last gen or so, though i think even Konami forgot about that teaser for a new one from a few years back.