Hondo's Bar

E3 2013- The Red Wedding Edition

Keth

so...most interesting games for everyone so far? i dug:

The Order - steampunky werewolf thing, came outta nowhere and looked interesting

Mirror's Edge 2 - still some of the only first person platofrming i've enjoyed

FF XV - looked less RPG like, but pretty impressive

space was talking about Murdered or something, meant to look that one up!

From IGN

Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).

here's the better stuff from the xbox show:

Titanfall is on PC as well, Ryse looks interesting/QTE'y...DR 3 just looks particularly dark compared to the rest of the series

oh, and space was right about this one:

geez, i really don't see loggins' side of this

it's not like he's that invested here, he only has 135k+ achievement points and an infrastructure where he games with his direct family, and...wait i think i'm starting to see it now

edit

WtHJHQ7.png

So, as a casual (nearly never) gamer, I had a few questions. After glancing through the thread and all the negativity at the MS approach to DRM (thanks for taking the bullet on that one DOJ), on the XB1--do any of the legit hardcore gamers think MS will change any of their schemes based on all the negative feedback from the gaming community online or will it take plummeting sales to make them change their approach? Or could the XB360 and the Live community as the reigning champs of the gaming community truly have a chance of transferring over to XB1 and keeping MS on top?

aren't they finishing in 3rd place this gen? not sure how that's reinging champs, but they do have a great chunk of america, anyway

Jeff Gerstmann (Giant Bomb, industry vet) was talking about this last night - they could, but it's prolly too late to walk back some of this stuff. i think details might be changed, like maybe that 24 hour verification check widens to a bit longer, maybe they consider adding more venues past Gamestop/whoever they current have in mind for "reselling" (issuing new codes), but the larger parts of the system they showed...i just can't see it. they've apparently gotta get the hardware in check between now & november as it is, last i heard only parts of asia were seeing a delay to 2014....i guess anything's possible, and theoretically they could patch much of this out down the road if so inclined, but you gotta wonder if the damage would already be done.

i keep hearing that no one's gonna care but the hardcore who're following E3, but i think $500 + no used games is pretty big to most people. Live is a good ecosystem, and i think they made a lotta interesting moves to lock people in...but lookit logan back there. i really don't think he's of the minority of consumers who might see the combination of this stuff as dealbreakers. i guess we'll see?