Hondo's Bar

The 15 Greatest Movies We Never Want to Watch Again

I've seen some of those movies like half a dozen times, and I own 6 of them.

I certainly wouldn't call Compliance a "great" movie either. I guess it was more watchable than it should have been though.

Heavenly Creatures is on my list. I recognize that it was a good movie, and I enjoyed it, but the

part where they bash the mom over the head with a rock and she doesn't die, she just grabs her head and gives this pitiful surprised moan of agony really fucking bothered me

Happiness.

Memento is another one I don't really want to revisit. Just cause of how it's structured. Good movie, but if I started watching it again, I think I'd get mad halfway through and turn it off.

Happiness should definitely be on that list. Kids is a give in. What's funny is that after watching Requiem for a Dream the first time, I vowed to never watch it again for fear of losing the initial feeling it gave me. I've since watched it, at least, 10 times and it's always to look over at whomever I'm watching with and see their reaction. I do this with The Mist and Oldboy, too.

The Girl Next Door, a great great movie basded on a great book that will ruin your weekend.

Cannibal Holocaust is another good one, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen but I spend the 2 weeks following my bi-yearly viewing feeling just horribly depressed.

Yeah i haven't seen most of those, the exceptions being Requiem For A Dream, most of Schindlers List and some of Irreversible.

I've spoken of Requiem befoe but I'll come back to it. Schindler's List I need to get around to finishing. Irreversible is the only only film I've ever turned off because I could no longer watch what was going on onscreen. It may have been my frame of mind though, I didn't have internet at the time, and I'd heard there was nudity in it so I'm scene skipping to find something to wank to and then the rape scene comes on, and on and on, and I just felt sick and turned it off. I've never returned to it.

Happiness should definitely be on that list. Kids is a give in. What's funny is that after watching Requiem for a Dream the first time, I vowed to never watch it again for fear of losing the initial feeling it gave me. I've since watched it, at least, 10 times and it's always to look over at whomever I'm watching with and see their reaction. I do this with The Mist and Oldboy, too.

Requiem is the most overrated film of all time, some great cinematography, it's well directed and the mother character is acted very well but that is all it has going for it. Ass to ass had me pissing myself laughing as is it was so tacked on and ludicrous. It struck me as something some Christian group would make if they had to balls. It really doesn't deserve to even be mentioned along with The Mist and Oldboy. Oh and I do that with The Mist as well.

I love Requiem. For all the reasons you described AND Marlon Wayans. I believe it's his best performance and wish he took more dramatic roles. I also feel it should be shown to high school kids to scare them straight. Even ass-to-ass would fuck some impressionable youth up five ways to sunday. After they stopped laughing, of course.