Hondo's Bar

Legends of Tomorrow

That was such a rollercoaster of semi-interest to extreme disinterest, back to semi-interest to semi-disinterest.

Parts of that look interesting and maybe, kind of fun. But then, the overwhelming cheese seems to be such a huge part of these series. I can't believe DC kept the name Captain Cold, and that Atom suit? Yeesh.

I'm fine with Captain Cold (You're a wet blanket, Eamonn!), I'm theoretically fine with the cheese, I'm not fine with how this pretty much looks like a hollow attempt to capture that Avengers money for TV. The Atom didn't do the one thing he's famous for until the end of the trailer and it looked awful, the rest of the time he's just a very obvious attempt to go "Hey look at us, we have an Iron Man too!" It looks like

, but with a bigger budget and better actors. Edited by Iambaytor

i'm excited - flash & arrow have been nothing but fun, i expect the same here. it's a mini anyway, right? if anything, the white canary thing was a bit've a loop (shouldve seen it coming i guess?), and apparently we're thoroughly jumping the gap into mysticism/supernatural type stuff with metahumans was what some of that gave me

This looks fantastic. I like the time travel aspect. My only problem is why is DC farming out Constantine and Supergirl to other networks? Money I guess? Maybe Constantine can join up with this group if the show takes off since it looks like NBC will not be renewing it.

Not sure why Panch would be okay with time travel in the comics and in the new Flash show but not here though...

I'd rather drink rancid piss than talk to someone that considered watching this putrid pile of filth. If you watch this I will make it my goal in life to end yours.

I may have drink in me, but I mean it more than I'm I'm joking.

Of course by "may" I mean "I definitely have a pile of".

Edited by alive she cried

But does it really need to be said that some things work in comics that do not work in live action? It's like somebody over at DC looked at the Spider-Man, Iron Man and Hulk movies and thought, oh they worked. Therefore everything ever in comics no matter how fucking stupid will translate perfectly.

Of course I have. Supergirl looks fucking abysmal. However, if it starts getting rave reviews I'm gonna at least check it out. Look at Agents of Shield and the improvements it's made. I dont blame you though for dismissing these shows though. CW's marketing department is one of the worst there is.

• 2 months later...

Gonna be an anthology show

"It's an anthology show," he revealed. "This is not designed to go forever. This season is meant to be standalone… I mean not as anthological as 'True Detective.' But not everybody will be continuing on this journey. The sort of central premise of time travel and Vandal Savage is totally up for grabs. This is meant to be a season that is tightly serialized that, when it's over, you can't go home again. It's not going to begin Season 2 with us all hopping back on the same ship and like 'Let’s get Vandal! Let’s get him for real this time!' This is not traditional episodic television."

I'm even more down if they arent dragging out a storyline like SSN3 Arrow

• 2 weeks later...

casting updates

The big one is Vandal Savage has just been cast and he will be played by Danish actor, Casper Crump . He is the big bad of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, but will actually first appear on Arrow and The Flash

10982243_819785152319_6629551125461358397_n.jpg?oh=c2d193fe9e30909a87d64fdf9d8637b2&oe=564A38C5

Lucy Lane, Lois' sister, is coming to Supergirl and will be played by Jenna Dewan-Tatum

jenna_dewan_tatum.jpg

Hawkman will join his lover, Hawkgirl, on DC's Legends of Tomorrow portrayed by Falk Hentschel

CLgYuUMW8AA0rvR.jpg

Reactron will be coming to do harm to our girl Supergirl, and being played by Chris Browning

chris_browning_reacton_split.jpg

What would Arrow be without its billionaires who love their toys, Mr. Terrific is joining the crew for season 4. And to make a little twist, he will be gay on the show which may be the first gay African American superhero on the big stage. Played by Echo Kellum

CLkHxX0WsAA4TtS.png

In casting that just seems to be in name alone, Jimmy Akingbola will play Baron Blitzkrieg on Arrow in the flashbacks.

CK5cLqRUsAIAYBR.jpg